Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow my iPhone freaked and deleted my part! ^ but exactly, like I'm not judging anyone by any means. It's just sometimes it seems like a thing now. While, I'm reading some posts and parents are trying to make ends meet to get their child to cheer. It's okay to quit for the right reason but it peeves me when it becomes top news.

Wow my iPhone freaked and deleted my part! ^ but exactly, like I'm not judging anyone by any means. It's just sometimes it seems like a thing now. While, I'm reading some posts and parents are trying to make ends meet to get their child to cheer. It's okay to quit for the right reason but it peeves me when it becomes top news.

Oh publicly posted retirement. I was admittedly not familiar with it until this season or so with cheer kids talking about it.

Chelsea Cheerlebrity:

"I'll be retiring and leaving Super Fantastic All Stars this season. It has been super hard on my family for me to cheer here. I will still continue to attend competitions, stage photo ops, promo bows, and workout gear on my page. Sorry to let my fans down."

200 comments:

"Chelsea noooooo"
"CRYING"
"Chelsea, you'll always be my favorite Fabulous Elite girl. I look up to you sooo much and I'll never stop."
"Chelsea, please don't quit!"
"Chelsea, you're my idol. I got my BHS because I watched you at Worlds. I'm begging you to stay."

Um. What?

no. I totally get it sounds judgmental and it is a judgment. But, it's just sad seeing people (parents) who would sell body parts to keep their child in cheer and while others take it all for granted. Not everyone of course. But I just think retiring to retire is horrible. And to post to their "fans" about their choice is ridiculous to me.

That one athlete who is always trying to correct someone else but is WRONG.

HS tryouts recently concluded. I am now back coaching as head coach. I have a new team. Comp team. I have some who are fresh off of JV (non comp.)

At the same time, there are some JV girls with all star experience. That's great.

One in particular was on Senior 3 last year at her gym.

Therefore, she has developed a habit of thinking "been in all stars for 4 years, therefore I know everything." She apparently corrected everyone last year because the JV coach allowed it.

My squad culture is a little different. I correct people. Not you. Nor should you really talk while I'm trying to give directions.

We are working on a Spring "debut" performance for the end-of-year rally (their first performance as a new team.) I was reviewing some counts. I turned around and watched her tell someone else "That's not right! It's this..."

I legitimately asked her "How many teams have you coached?" Her response: "None."

Me: "Clearly you have not because the counts you just taught were totally wrong. Pay attention to yourself before you correct others or you're going to have a hard time with me."

Then she did the "dramatic tear up and struggle through the next 30 minutes thinking someone cares when they don't" thing.

She's going to learn very quickly that she is not in Kansas anymore.

AMEN! I had a one of those on my HS JV team last year... who happened to be one of the worst cheerleaders we had! So sad when people have to tell you about urself!

that one girl who thinks she's the "bomb diggity" when she's not, then spend most of training making comments and thinking people listen and care
e.g "i don't know who my basses are they change each week" (sweetheart counts don't change just cause your bases do)
"are we going to have shorts under our skirts?" (yes this was a massive face palm for me and i'm the type of person who is like "ask a stupid question and you get a stupid answer")

and then like everyone else that one girl who like to tell everyone else what to do
also people who don't know their motions or counts e.g high v's being behind them and open -_-

Injuries! I know it can't be helped sometimes, but if you did something stupid and hurt yourself, I usually don't have a lot of sympathy for you.

Broken High Vs! Yesterday one little flyer at practice ha the cutest facials....her wrists looked like they were broken though and I could not get over it.

Tacky Uniforms! Zebra, multiply bright colors clashing with each other and floral print....not cute!

Backhandsprings that look like frog jumps(I am sometimes guilty:/)

I have some more but I don't want y'all to think I'm a mean person.

-flyers/bases that only want to stunt with specific people. This is a TEAM sport, and you may have to stunt with a newer base even if you don't want to for the good of the TEAM.

-people who rush through tumbling progressions, and look down on those taking their time. Tumbling takes longer for some to learn (...me) especially for those who want to have good form in the long run

-Complaining that a flyer is too heavy. (I am not talking about when a flyer feels heavier than usual and just needs to be tighter) There is almost no way that a flyer can't be lifted with three equally sized or stronger bases and a backspot. Usually statements like these are also made by (for example) bases jealous because they want to fly. That is NOT acceptable. Flying is already sometimes a tricky subject when it comes to self-esteem and weight, and no girl should have to deal with additional comments like that.

Whew! Rant over. :) Carry on.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

-flyers/bases that only want to stunt with specific people. This is a TEAM sport, and you may have to stunt with a newer base even if you don't want to for the good of the TEAM.
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
:shimmy:
my favorite is "omg they separated us I wish my mom would let me quit" um excuse me? If you are only here to stunt with your bffl, and not to compete with your team, we'd probably be better off without you.

Back