All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

-when ppl complain that something (conditioning) isn't put enough in our practices then don't try when we have hard practices
-when ppl miss summer practices
-when ppl don't try hard inside and out side of practice -that makes me so mad!!!
-oh and when your trying to say something, but an older (18yr old) person on ur team doesn't listen to you cuz your 14 but really you know more about cheer then them ugh i die everytime

I hate it when parents think they know more than the coaches.........or when parents stand in the lobby and gossip about teams like they know???? Really? I hate it when parents cant just deal with the fact that their child may not be good enough for a certain team and need to work harder!!!!!! I hate it when cheerleaders miss practice for everything under the sun, and always seem to be sick or injured and wonder why they might not be in the front row or on a higher team? Really? How about when a cheerleader brings it at tryouts/evals and looks awesome.....then once the season starts.......cant seem to do anything? UGH!!!!!

Coaches who don't communicate the expectations and the reality of the situation. This is isn't rec cheer it's competitive all-star cheer!

I hate it when parents think they know more than the coaches.........or when parents stand in the lobby and gossip about teams like they know???? Really? I hate it when parents cant just deal with the fact that their child may not be good enough for a certain team and need to work harder!!!!!! I hate it when cheerleaders miss practice for everything under the sun, and always seem to be sick or injured and wonder why they might not be in the front row or on a higher team? Really? How about when a cheerleader brings it at tryouts/evals and looks awesome.....then once the season starts.......cant seem to do anything? UGH!!!!!

I bet if you had a picture for your avatar it would be frowning. And your ! and ? keys don't have any color left on them.

Am I right?

:D

That a flyer is considered awesome when the back spot has their hand practically on their but. anyone can stay in the air when someone is holding them their. I call it cheerleader on a stick, because it looks like they have a stick attached to their behind. A flyer is considered awesome when they have the body control to stay up and tick-tock and pull everything when someone is only holding their foot/ankle.

pretendinitis... when kids come in complaining that their wrists hurt too much to stunt, but have no problem tumbling... or vice versa. ;asldifu[asoihf'aslbf;isu f uugggggghhh!!!

rude people in general
messy hair and makeup...come on people, how hard is to comb your hair and have it in a tight pony
POUTING on the competition floor
not clapping for/with all team (yes even if they are in your division and your direct competition)
negative voice overs
competition venue food in general
seat nazis (got accused of saving seats at one competition, i looked at the woman and was like what are you even talking about, that's not my stuff)
people from other teams that cram into your priority seating and won't move
late awards sessions
competions that are run well (giving last place teams first place jackets cough, cough; adding 'fuff' entertainment to drag out the competition even longer)

wow, i just went on a rant there!! sorry!

I agree w/this 100 percent! I usually stay and watch other teams bc of my sheer love of cheerleading and I encourage and clap for other teams, especially ones who are super excited and look like they're really enjoying themselves, as well as teams who have a bad moment. The look on their faces when they know they've messed up breaks my heart and I think it's important to encourage those teams as well.

Jumps that are not together... I'm sure the coach did not say "jump anywhere between 4 and 8... you decide when"
Running tumbling that is not in sync...
excessive facials
bringing your hand across the front of your uniform top like we don't know what it says... HATE THIS ONE!
AND rollers in the hair at a competitoin

OMG YES!! It's one thing if it's early in the morning and you're in a specific area w/your team getting ready (especially for girls who don't know how to do their own hair, need help, etc.), BUT when you're walking around inside the actual arena (where the teams are competing) in rollers in the afternoon and evening, I'm just like...are you serious?!!!!

Parents who suck up to the coaches on facebook! Makes me want to throw up. Especially when I have heard that parent bash the coach behind their back.

werd!!

eww thats nasty. when your in your uniform and your smoking that just shows disrespect for your gym and the sport of all star cheerleading. its unhealthy and unsafe to smoke, and if your a cheerleader chances are your probably too young to be smoking. thats nasty.

also i hate:
parents throwing fits because their daughter did not make a certian team even though it is pretty obvious that the girl doesnt have the skill to go to a higher level or the maturity to move up to an older age division
r

Can't stand this either and I'm glad I haven't seen a cheerleader smoking at a comp yet...

I'm not sure if anyone has said this but I can't stand when people chew gum during practice. Like seriously, you are either going to get yelled at or choke so why do it in the first place?

When small town All Star teams think they're the best just because they placed first at a USA competition. Like really? Barely anyone goes to those!

When small town gyms unknowingly choose the same gym name as a major gym

When senior teams have a little kid on their team! Not even because the little kid is good or has nice technique, but because the kid is easy to lift.

When little girls wear crop tops. They just look so awkward!

Windbreaker jackets for the team jacket

Plain white bows
YES oh my gosh.

Back