All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well thats not how my coach is. It just makes me mad how we have to wait for htem to put there socks on, put there shoes on, and then tie them. its just annoying.

now this is not the right thing to be complaining about.
shoes can be expensive, people dont want to ruin them. some arn't suppose to be wonr outside/on pavement.
your pet peeve should be that they're late.
but u dont need to wait for them. u could begin stretching or whatever while they put on their shoes.

[QUOTEWell, nfinitys aren't supposed to be worn outside they hold up a lot better if you only wear them in the gym... Also if you are waiting for them to get their shoes on then you should be mad that they are late, not mad that they are taking care of their expensive footwear IMO ][/QUOTE]

We dont have nfinitys, what ever they are? We have crappy, thick shoes, i dont even know what there called. our COACH SAID nothing about NOT wearing them outside. he make sus run around the building, on pavement.

They show up late un prepared.
lmao IMO. ?

Okay just adding to what I said before: when someone acts like they're not doing anything wrong and like they're an elite stunter when they're the reason the stunt is falling.

When a level 5 stunt group is having a hard time doing a certain stunt sequence. And it finally hits and the flyer doesn't double down she just cradles. It's like doing all that hard work for nothing.

When a flyer bends her leg.

When a flyers feet are apart.

Drives me nuts.

to cheermomfootball
i TOTALLY agree!!!!!!! im an athlete and i think it is completely ridiculous for parents to talk about other children, it is so immature and it sets a bad example for their children as well

-BATC: "Cheerleaders are not allowed in priority! Family only!" .......... Really?

a few years ago i was at US spirit at universal studios in orlando and it was pretty packed so they stopped letting cheerleaders in uniform into ANY of the seating. seriously? it was an outdoor arena and you had to go out the back after you got off the floor then all the way around to get back in to where the seats were (so once you got off the floor, you were no longer inside the arena). we had to wait outside for someone's mom to come out and then send them back in to get the rest of our parents and bags, because we obviously weren't carrying our cell phones or clothes with us when we were just on the floor. ridiculous!

I HATE how the girls on my high school team know NOTHING about cheerleading in general.
I'm one of the tallest on my hs team (also only one that has ever done allstars) and I mentioned to one of my best friends on my team that I wanted to fly this year (all we do are preps, but I want to change that up since I'm also the only one that has decent balance on one leg and can even do a stretch or a bow) and she goes "you're too tall to fly....there's no one taller than you to base you. (so and so) is the shortest so she's gonna fly not you" and I go "Maddie Gardner is taller than her whole stunt group". And of course none of them know who she is so I looked like the idiot there.
And my coach (who used to coach allstars before she had her baby) said "everyone show me some stretches we're gonna start picking flyers" (meaning stretch, bow, scorp and scale) so everyone goes and does the splits while i'm standing up doing a heel stretch and everyones looking at me like im crazy even though I'M doing the right thing.
AHHHH sorry needed to vent.
HS CHEERLEADING IS A JOKE.
idk why i put up with ittttt

ikr! I hate cheering at my skool cuz everyone on my team thinks cheer is all about dance and no actual stunts. And I'm like I want to be a flyer(I'm tall but I'm skinny and rly flexible) and they pick like the rly short girls that aren't flexible at all and don't know anything about cheer at all. I wish I could do all star cheer but I can't cuz my mom won't let me:((((

I hate girls who refuse to do a certain skill because at their old gym they didn't have to or they did it differently at their old gym. Like your at a new gym now and we have different ways to do things so you can either learn to try something new or go back to your greater old gym.

Uniform
-Bad bows. *faints*
-Skirts that look like trash bags or lampshades.
-Skirts that are so short that you see butt hanging out.
-Seeing teams with one or two girls wearing a different team from that gym's uniform. If you're gonna cross, pay for the uniform.
-Full top uniforms with shorts. I don't know.
-Spanks that don't match the uniform.
-Too much zebra.
-Too much metallic.
-Shorts that like form to the girl's butt. Ewwww.
-When entire teams wear headbands and not bows. If you have a bob, sure, it's cute. But otherwise, get with the program.
-Fake hair.

At Competitions
-Slow awards ceremonies. Shoot me now.
-Jammy. He scares me.
-Some cheer and then "YOU KNOW!" before you compete. I've seen like 478529456297 gyms do this. (No offense if yours does.)
-Disrespect from other gyms/spectators.
-Cowbells and airhorns.
-Death stares from competition.
-Rude competition staff.
-Female announcers with obnoxious voices.
-Monotone announcers.
-PDA. Eww.

At Practice/At the Gym
-Kids who come to open gym just to jump on the tramp.
-Moms you know are gossiping in the viewing section because you can see them pointing at certain people.
-People who miss practice for a dumb reason.
-Excuses.
-Laziness.
-Backtalk.
-Forgetting shoes. Flyers especially. >.<
-When kids are running around everywhere. Dude, I'm trying to tumble.

In General
-Flexed toes in jumps. (Guilty, but I'm fixing it.)
-Awkward flips in pyramids. (Arms in-between legs and butts sticking out.)
-Garbage disposal legs in double-downs.
-Bad scorps. Ewwww.
-Clap hi-v jumps.
-BAD FORMATIONS.
-Guys that don't do the dance. Or squat for any part of the routine.
-Bad sportsmanship.

I have more to add:
-People who aren't late, but chat in the lobby with others, so they end up being late
-People who don't try at practice. I'm busting my butt, so you'd better bet I want you too do the same
-BAD MOTIONS
-Laziness
-Flyers that don't squeeze
-Bases that tell their flyers to try harder, when it's their own fault the stunt fell
-People that think they're the coach
-I don't care if you have a cold, COME TO PRACTICE
-Bad facials
-A few people talking when the coach is, resulting in everyone doing pushups and/or toe touches

I could go on forever, but I'm going to stop myself here. There are just so many! I have many more favorite things though! :)

I agree!! scale to arabesque isnt even pretty...especially when they hit scale, drop their leg, then try to hit arabesque instead of having control. so sloppy.

Back