Cheer Rules Scholar? Test Yourself With My Legality Questions.

Discussion in 'High School Cheerleading' started by Sterling von Shimmer, Jun 2, 2018.

1. OldskoolKYcheercoach

OldskoolKYcheercoach There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Pretty sure I said I thought the Cali thing was legal, but I would send a video of it to the powers that be to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

The cheer athletics leap into load actually leaps into a suspended split at a load-in level. Suspended splits have to have 3 bases. I’m pretty sure this one is illegal, but I would send a video of it to the powers that be to make sure. I would be hopeful that we could do it, but I would be anticipating a “no-no.”

Bishop McCort started with one foot on the ground, not both feet in a load. They probably got away with it as a modified form of a switch up.

2. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Sorry if my replies seems inconsistent sometimes. By the time I get to sit down and study cheer stuff it’s like 12:30 am here and I’m barely conscious lol.

Thanks so much for your help. You’ve been so thorough and reliable. I’m going on vacation this next week but I’m sure when I come back I will be revisiting this thread :) Hope to talk to you again.

3. AndyT_T

AndyT_T Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach

Would the spin into the inversion be illegal? I’m worried it would justify catching in a downward inversion.

4. OldskoolKYcheercoach

OldskoolKYcheercoach There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    It’s illegal, but there’s no such thing as downward inversions anymore. We had a similar skill in our routine this year at nationals, have to maintain hand/arm-to-hand/arm contact with the top throughout the release if she lands inverted.

ETA: we remedied it by simply finding a way for the back to place her hand over top of our flyer’s wrist in our version.

I’m a little busy right now to go to a rule book for specifics, but I am questioning the twist into an inversion anyway. Regardless, without the contact mentioned about it’s not legal.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. AndyT_T

AndyT_T Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Thank you!