Cheer Schedule

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I coach 3 competive rec teams. Today a mom from one of the teams told me that she didn't like the time commitment for my team & she'll be taking her daughter to ECE so she will have more time for vacations. Leaving rec for competitive because she needs time off? She's in for a shock

I don't think she's giving you the real reason for leaving. Because you're right, she is in for a gigantic shock!!!!!

I think it just depends on the level, comp/rec/school team, her own goals, etc. I am a high school cheer coach and last year I started the season about a month earlier then they had in the past and had 4 practices a week. I noticed for some girls this was really beneficial but for others they got burnout really quick. I know when I was in high school I was on a competitive allstar team and was very much a gym rat. I was at the gym 6 days a week and it was what I loved to do and never experienced burnout but that is not the mind set of everyone. I think its a balancing act and you just have to learn what is best for the individual athlete.

My cp is in the gym 3 times a week, all mandatory practices and stays a little late for private on one of those weekend practice day... I know my cp tells me how much she can take and I never go over that amount... Only time she may be in the gym 4 or 5 days a week will be for extra NCA practices...

My CPs on two team and she's in the gym 3 nights a week. I schedule any extra classes around that. The last month has been difficult as she was there 6 nights a week with the extra practices.

we have teams come in twice a week.. sundays and one day during the week -- different days for each level

Can I ask how often your CP has mandatory team practices per week, and how long is each practice? If you could include the age or lvl that would be great too.

Aren't all team practices mandatory?

**i know the other sides story #connected**
Sorry I should of been clearer, I meant like aside from optional tumbling or extra stretch classes, etc. I should of written full team practice.

Sorry I should of been clearer, I meant like aside from optional tumbling or extra stretch classes, etc. I should of written full team practice.
Ahhhh, most of cp's career j2-S5 have always been 2 days per week for 5-6 hrs total per week.

**i know the other sides story #connected**

Both gyms CP has been at all levels 1-4 are 2 days for 3 hours total. They do not do tumbling in practice unless it it team specific. Any advancement in skills is expected to be achieved outside of team practice.

Level 5 teams practice 3 days a week for 6 hours total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CP has two 1 1/2 hour team practices a week. Outside of that, CP takes 2 one hour tumbling classes and 2 half hour private lessons (1 tumbling and 1 flight) a week. Plus, she attends 1-2 clinics a month and she likes to go to open gym each week. But I have stayed to watch her at open gym and it is pretty clear she goes to those to hang out with her friends. She used to go 4 days a week and would have her privates on the same days as her tumbling classes. But she recently asked if she could switch her tumbling private so it is on a separate day because it is so intense. So now she is at the gym five nights a week. Six if you count open gym on Friday nights.

CP is super strong and energetic. The only time I saw her tired and sweaty when I picked her up was when she would do a tumbling class and a tumbling private in one night without a break in between. I drop her off for her practices and I have to DRAG her out after. I honestly think she doing too much, but as long as I don't see any physical or mental strain on her, I will let her continue.

Our J2 practices 2 1/2 hours 3 days/week for a total of 7.5 hours. That's IF the coach lets them out on time - and he almost never does. Practices are usually closer to 3 hours. This does not include tumbling time. 1 hour of team tumbling is required through November, and no tumbling required after that.

After that most do privates and classes on their own. Mine does a 1 hour class plus 2 1 hour privates each week. I would prefer more class time and less time in privates, but classes that are the right level and that work with our schedule are very hard to find.

Cp has practice twice a week, for 2 hours each day, she also has a 1 hour team tumbling class and a 30 minute flyers class. I wish they would practice an extra day or make it 2.5 hours each practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now CP has practice 4-5 nights a week for 3+ hours a night. This has been the case leading up to nca and will continue through worlds...

CP13 practices 3 times per week for 2 hrs at a time. She also does a half hour tumbling private and a 1 hr co-ed stunt class. We are there 3 times per week for a total of 7.5 hrs.
Now that the season has ended, she will only have team practice 2 times per week.

Back