All-Star Cheer Twitter-ers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
I have a question for all of you: What separates all the cheer twitters for you all? What makes one unique over another? Is there any real difference or are they all the same thing with slight differences?

I follow some of the cheer-twitter acounts and to me they aren´t so much different. Some have "news" earlier, but i don´t check my twitter so often, so i don´t mind.
But i´m really new to twitter, so my opinion is not really knowlegdeable (is this a real word? :confused: )

I follow some of the cheer-twitter acounts and to me they aren´t so much different. Some have "news" earlier, but i don´t check my twitter so often, so i don´t mind.
But i´m really new to twitter, so my opinion is not really knowlegdeable (is this a real word? :confused: )

Yes it's a real word :) Haha. It's just spelt like this instead - "knowledgeable"

I like to follow the ones who are funny and can make me laugh. The ones who actually have things to say are also nice when they actually think before posting and are not just "OMG Craptastic Allstars is the best because I said it is and I am the only one that counts"

I like the Twitters that stick to their original concept. Not Twitters that start out as a cheer version of a meme and after a while start tweeting "normal" cheer tweets.

IDK if yours is anywhere close to the meme any more?
No, not really. It's hard to post condescending/sometimes offensive things without having a backlash. I'm not one to start anything and I don't want to give my gym a bad name either.

No, not really. It's hard to post condescending/sometimes offensive things without having a backlash. I'm not one to start anything and I don't want to give my gym a bad name either.

My how things change and evolve. So what do you see as the difference defining things for cheer tweet people? I used to think someone with 20k followers was a rarity (1 or 2) but it seems like there is a group of 20 or so who fall in that category or higher.

My how things change and evolve. So what do you see as the difference defining things for cheer tweet people? I used to think someone with 20k followers was a rarity (1 or 2) but it seems like there is a group of 20 or so who fall in that category or higher.
I think it's all just personal preference and how much cheerleading you want to see on your timeline. There are some twitters that post A LOT. Also for me I consider the owner's integrity. There is one account in specific that has attacked me multiple times, calling me names and using curse words when we all know that there are MANY young children on twitter who follow these accounts. A lot of the popular cheer twitters don't even cheer all stars either. I like more informational accounts, some others prefer the relatable, funny cheer tweets.

I think it's all just personal preference and how much cheerleading you want to see on your timeline. There are some twitters that post A LOT. Also for me I consider the owner's integrity. There is one account in specific that has attacked me multiple times, calling me names and using curse words when we all know that there are MANY young children on twitter who follow these accounts. A lot of the popular cheer twitters don't even cheer all stars either. I like more informational accounts, some others prefer the relatable, funny cheer tweets.

So it is more of a flow of information thing. What type of flow do you want?

So it is more of a flow of information thing. What type of flow do you want?
In my timeline I like to see new uniforms. new videos of routines, competition updates, and competition predictions. Obviously that's not the only thing that's there, but that's what I tend to follow more.

i think there are two categories: informative and "entertainment" (though i use that term loosely.) within those two categories, they all sort of blend together with a few stand outs. as someone who no longer cheers but is still interested in the industry (not sure if that helps you) i follow:

CheerUpdates
IndustryNews
CheerStudios
the wonderful JustinCarrier :p
LesStella
thefierceboard
Some "official" Gym/Team twitters
an occasional athlete from a few of my favorite teams
Varsity

i really just follow them to keep up with what's going on - whether that be videos, schedules, music, uniforms, etc.

i dislike the self promoting "i have a store, buy my t-shirts, etc." which CU does do as well as varsity and a few gyms, even. but in proportion with the number of informational and good tweets they make, i'll get over it.

i used to follow some of the "cheer twitters" (mostly anonymous) but learned that they're mostly younger teens/children and kind of annoying for my taste. too much cursing. too much drama. too much "OMG SE/F5/insert whoever here IS THE BEST. THEY DESERVED TO WIN. EFFF STARS/PANTHERS" etc. etc.

I follow the ones that post information (CheerUpdates, Cheerig Wonka, UCAupdates) and then other ones that are funny (GrumpyCheerCat, and some other ones who's names I'm blanking on)

I hate all the random ones that just tweet like "I love Nike pros!" And "RT if you have a tuck!"
There are too many of those. I can think of four girls on my old cheer team that have "cheer twitters". Not sure if they know that I know. One once tweeted something like "I hate that my coach picks favorites" and my sister shot a tweet back at her defending our old coach, who does not pick favorites. The girl got scared that we'd tell the coach lol. She still has the account though.

Back