All-Star Cheer Twitter-ers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i think there are two categories: informative and "entertainment" (though i use that term loosely.) within those two categories, they all sort of blend together with a few stand outs. as someone who no longer cheers but is still interested in the industry (not sure if that helps you) i follow:

CheerUpdates
IndustryNews
CheerStudios
the wonderful JustinCarrier :p
LesStella
thefierceboard
Some "official" Gym/Team twitters
an occasional athlete from a few of my favorite teams
Varsity

i really just follow them to keep up with what's going on - whether that be videos, schedules, music, uniforms, etc.

i dislike the self promoting "i have a store, buy my t-shirts, etc." which CU does do as well as varsity and a few gyms, even. but in proportion with the number of informational and good tweets they make, i'll get over it.

i used to follow some of the "cheer twitters" (mostly anonymous) but learned that they're mostly younger teens/children and kind of annoying for my taste. too much cursing. too much drama. too much "OMG SE/F5/insert whoever here IS THE BEST. THEY DESERVED TO WIN. EFFF STARS/PANTHERS" etc. etc.

I do understand why they try to talk about the store though: there is no way to make money off twitter itself. There is no google ads (which covers our expenses) or way to sell advertising without looking very contrived. Basically you can't make a business out of twitter except pointing people to a store and selling your wares. I guess you could pay someone to tweet your event... but as there is so much competition and so many people at an event tweeting anyway I wouldn't see why someone would pay for that.

Aside from GrumyCatCheer which I love for the humor I follow for information, in particular competition updates. I tend to not remember all the drama stuff that gets tweeted so the conspiracies, expose and grudge things tend to go in one eye and out the other.

@IndustryNewsIN. Great quality video. Somehow they seem to be up in front. Not opinionated that I have seen so far, just facts. Good source. Professional.

Cheer Parents Central.

ASCheerMan aka justin's carrier will usually make you grin at least once a day. Yesterday when he tweeted use comp hashtags and quick run to FB to see yourself on twitter leader board, funny.

Cheer Coach Probz @coachingallstar. Snarky funny.

Debbie Love #debtips fantastic

I follow some of the kid ones, but I tune out if it is all follow me, follow me or will you follow so and so.

I like CheerUpdates...
I disliked how IndustryNews tossed out the names of a couple of kids who busted during tumbling I believe, not too long ago. There were two IIRC within the same day (who are well known athletes- and no not associated w/CEA), and I don't think calling out a specific name out of ALL the tweets you post about SB, TT, SF, etc. is called for-my point is they don't signal out everyone else who is well known when they mess up, they just report "team so and so had 1 SF, 2 TB, etc", but in a couple of instances they've called out the specific athlete responsible-totally not necessary.

*there's no "I" in team.

Haha yes in American English you cannot say "spelt" since it's the grain but I'm from Australia and in British English (which we mainly speak) "spelt" and "spelled" are interchangeable as the past tense and past participle of "spell". It's extremely common and completely correct in the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand to use this form of the verb :)

Haha yes in American English you cannot say "spelt" since it's the grain but I'm from Australia and in British English (which we mainly speak) "spelt" and "spelled" are interchangeable as the past tense and past participle of "spell". It's extremely common and completely correct in the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand to use this form of the verb :)
I'm usually pretty good w/the "Queen's English" (favourite, centre, colour, organise, offence, etc.) but I do forget about transitivity and other differences every now and again. :)

Back