All-Star Cheer World...ctd

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If the illegal activity isn't being documented and charges aren't being pressed, you can't create a blacklist database via the USASF based on gossip and bogus books being written. That would set the USASF up for numerous legal ramifications. You can't force gym owners to run background checks, but I would say a good chunk of them do.
As far as the Worlds incident, were minors given out? Were there any tickets given to anyone for providing to minors? Gym owners probably have taken action against their athletes, but we're not privy to that information. These are illegal activities happening, I can't just go make citizens arrests across the US because SkyBlue doesn't like what's happening.
It's annoying that your argument is "Nobody cares, nobody wants to do anything", but the ideas you're presenting for the USASF would leave the USASF in hot water and aren't practical for the rest of us.

That is just crazy for you to read into something I didn't say. I didn't say anything about gossip....And yes the USASF can make the gym owners run background checks, I actually was advocating for this to the USASF well over a year ago and actually had a pretty detailed plan to keep bad gym owners and bad coaches out of the industry . Apparently there are more pressing issues. Maybe I will just take my ideas, and everything else to the media.

if you have an issue with something then why not think of a solution as to how to fix it instead of pointing out the issues and every single thing you see wrong. do something about it instead of complaining.

I've done plenty already. If you knew me, then you would know I don't just complain, but since it seems to be no big deal, maybe I will have a chat with the media, to see what their interest is. I knew this would be pointless, but hey I thought I would give it a shot. I won't waste anymore of your time on this subject. I can see by the various threads that things like uniforms (7,000 plus replies) and video's (8,000 plus replies) are the important issues in this industry.

That is just crazy for you to read into something I didn't say. I didn't say anything about gossip....And yes the USASF can make the gym owners run background checks, I actually was advocating for this to the USASF well over a year ago and actually had a pretty detailed plan to keep bad gym owners and bad coaches out of the industry . Apparently there are more pressing issues. Maybe I will just take my ideas, and everything else to the media.[/quote]

And this is why everyone has strong opinions against you. Plus, it's not mandatory to be a USASF gym, so that doesn't solve every problem.

I really, really wanted to leave this alone, but just can't because that last statement truly bothers me.

Let's forget about the book altogether, the fact is underage drinking, drugging and sex with coaches is a FACT in this industry. Why is it that so many people are willing to let it be swept under the rug? Is it because it isn't your kid, or your gym or your athlete or your coach? Why can't there just be a discussion on this issue and what can be done about it?

I seriously doubt anyone would think it was ok if it was a teacher or school coach taking athletes or students to their homes and partying with them, so why is it ok because it is outside of a school setting. Why are statements like "teens will be teens" or some such thing even tolerated?

Why ever would you believe that the media would not be interested in this? Believe it or not there are journalists that do nothing but stories on kids/teens doing______ (pick your story).

Forget the book, what are you as gym owners/coaches and parents going to do about this problem? Or is it just easier to pretend it doesn't exist?

I was referring to the book not being heard about in the mainstream media. I agree that all of the topics you bring up are important--to all star cheerleading and all youth sports in general. I do NOT feel that this book is an appropriate or productive way to address it.

I was referring to the book not being heard about in the mainstream media. I agree that all of the topics you bring up are important--to all star cheerleading and all youth sports in general. I do NOT feel that this book is an appropriate or productive way to address it.

Which is why I said ignore the book, but apparently people are only interested in deflecting the issues. I don't mean you.

I've done plenty already. If you knew me, then you would know I don't just complain, but since it seems to be no big deal, maybe I will have a chat with the media, to see what their interest is.

I attend a university which is home to a preeminent journalism program, have friends in various media outlets across the country, and they aren't interested. Underage drinking happens everywhere and covering a party that happened nearly a year ago or a book admittedly based on speculation, rather than facts, would never air or print because of all the "he said, she said."

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back