All-Star Cheer World...ctd

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did anyone else notice two writing styles within the book? It seemed like the author wrote her part in a story-telling style but there would be small sections that seemed like another writer took over. I don't have the book in front of me since I breezed through it on a friend's kindle (or at least the parts most interesting to me) but if memory serves me correctly, one such section was regarding Varsity. I was just wondering if anyone else had that same conclusion.

But now I want to read it.

Anyone know if it's on lend me on the nook?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Is there a way for me to lend it from my kindle? I will if anyone knows a way...

(its still up on Amazon if anyone wants to spend $10)

If anyone wants to email me this book that would be nice. I'm curious. It would have to be for iBooks, not sure if a kindle book would work or whatever.

Did anyone else notice two writing styles within the book? It seemed like the author wrote her part in a story-telling style but there would be small sections that seemed like another writer took over. I don't have the book in front of me since I breezed through it on a friend's kindle (or at least the parts most interesting to me) but if memory serves me correctly, one such section was regarding Varsity. I was just wondering if anyone else had that same conclusion.

I'm still reading it (it's taking forever to get through :confused: ) but now I'm going to look for this!

I'm just happy Amazon gave me a refund. That $9.99 is much better off in my bank account. I think the author should pay me an extra $9.99 for the time I wasted reading it.

It's not so much the idea of the book that bothers me, it's the execution (grammar and punctuation issues aside). I don't know and hadn't heard of about 90% of the people in the book, but since names weren't changed a quick Google search allowed me to many of them. That's scary - and that was just me being nosy. Some of the allegations in this book were not unfounded (based on what I know to be true), and if everything that's written is true I certainly don't approve or condone any of it. But, that does not mean the author has the right to decide how and when the people she called out in her book get to be exposed. Can't say I'm surprised there are potential lawsuits.

Also, as others have stated, the level of personal detail made me quite uncomfortable. I didn't need to know about every time the author texted her mom, kissed her boyfriend, went to the bathroom, etc.

Oh - and did anyone else find it super creepy that the author's mom went through her ex-boyfriends phone?!? WHOA, so not OK on SOOO many levels!

I'm a little tardy to the party. And forgive me, for I am typing on my phone right now and rather quickly, so I guarantee I'll miss several typographical/ grammatical errors in this post.

CoachTamara tagged me in the original thread asking my opinion of the book as I am apparently mentioned several times.
Given that I have not read the book I do not k ow the context to which my name is being used, but I'm am sure there was nothing negative attached to my persona. During Morgans time at my gym I, along with several others, grew very close to her and some of us even came to know her mother and her brother. So it makes sense that I would be mentioned as I spent a lot of time with her while she was associated with my program.
All I have to say with regard to the book is that I have not read this new epic novel. I had no knowledge it was even in the work let alone available for purchase!! The first I heard of any of this was Tuesday night at the gym. And didn't realize 'til the next day that this work had already been released.
While I do feel compelled to read it solely due to the fact that I know many people close to me along with my program were mentioned, I do not have any intention o purchasing or reading this book. From the post on the original thread it would seem that it's not worth my time and that the only thing I would gain from it is the knowledge of what was specifically said about me.
While I personally have no issues with her (i am still friendly toward her when i see her in public and harvest no feeling of ill will toward her) or anyone close to her as I'm sure anyone else from my program would agree she did not leave on bad terms with anyone. I would hope she would be smart enough not to burn any of the few bridges she has remaining in this region.
She may not have to see any of the other people in this book, but I on the other hand, work with her extensively from about May- September.
Maybe I will be giving the book a quick skim just to make sure things are in order with regard to anything that may have been said about myself or those close to me, but we at my program have no real vested interest in anything she's said.
Several lawyers have been contacted by several of the people written about in the book and I can only assume that that is why it is now being removed from shelves.
I skim through and report back...provided that this is still relevant by then. I feel like this has just about run its course.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone

I'm just happy Amazon gave me a refund. That $9.99 is much better off in my bank account. I think the author should pay me an extra $9.99 for the time I wasted reading it.

It's not so much the idea of the book that bothers me, it's the execution (grammar and punctuation issues aside). I don't know and hadn't heard of about 90% of the people in the book, but since names weren't changed a quick Google search allowed me to many of them. That's scary - and that was just me being nosy. Some of the allegations in this book were not unfounded (based on what I know to be true), and if everything that's written is true I certainly don't approve or condone any of it. But, that does not mean the author has the right to decide how and when the people she called out in her book get to be exposed. Can't say I'm surprised there are potential lawsuits.

Also, as others have stated, the level of personal detail made me quite uncomfortable. I didn't need to know about every time the author texted her mom, kissed her boyfriend, went to the bathroom, etc.

Oh - and did anyone else find it super creepy that the author's mom went through her ex-boyfriends phone?!? WHOA, so not OK on SOOO many levels!

If you removed cheerleading from the book, it would still tell the same story. This is not a look at the inside world of Illinois Cheerleading, it's more like a look at the inside of this girls poorly written diary! (I have and English Degree and it took everything I had not to get my red pen out while I was reading! Lol!)

I'm a little tardy to the party. And forgive me, for I am typing on my phone right now and rather quickly, so I guarantee I'll miss several typographical/ grammatical errors in this post.

CoachTamara tagged me in the original thread asking my opinion of the book as I am apparently mentioned several times.
Given that I have not read the book I do not k ow the context to which my name is being used, but I'm am sure there was nothing negative attached to my persona. During Morgans time at my gym I, along with several others, grew very close to her and some of us even came to know her mother and her brother. So it makes sense that I would be mentioned as I spent a lot of time with her while she was associated with my program.
All I have to say with regard to the book is that I have not read this new epic novel. I had no knowledge it was even in the work let alone available for purchase!! The first I heard of any of this was Tuesday night at the gym. And didn't realize 'til the next day that this work had already been released.
While I do feel compelled to read it solely due to the fact that I know many people close to me along with my program were mentioned, I do not have any intention o purchasing or reading this book. From the post on the original thread it would seem that it's not worth my time and that the only thing I would gain from it is the knowledge of what was specifically said about me.
While I personally have no issues with her (i am still friendly toward her when i see her in public and harvest no feeling of ill will toward her) or anyone close to her as I'm sure anyone else from my program would agree she did not leave on bad terms with anyone. I would hope she would be smart enough not to burn any of the few bridges she has remaining in this region.
She may not have to see any of the other people in this book, but I on the other hand, work with her extensively from about May- September.
Maybe I will be giving the book a quick skim just to make sure things are in order with regard to anything that may have been said about myself or those close to me, but we at my program have no real vested interest in anything she's said.
Several lawyers have been contacted by several of the people written about in the book and I can only assume that that is why it is now being removed from shelves.
I skim through and report back...provided that this is still relevant by then. I feel like this has just about run its course.

Dono
I don't recall her saying anything bad about you but she called a few other people out from for drug use or underage drinking! Unreal! Her main story about you guys is Jeff's NYE party and the Cisco/steph injury a worlds. Nothing too exciting.

If you removed cheerleading from the book, it would still tell the same story. This is not a look at the inside world of Illinois Cheerleading, it's more like a look at the inside of this girls poorly written diary! (I have and English Degree and it took everything I had not to get my red pen out while I was reading! Lol!)

*an English Degree! Darn talk to text! Lol!

Dono
I don't recall her saying anything bad about you but she called a few other people out from for drug use or underage drinking! Unreal! Her main story about you guys is Jeff's NYE party and the Cisco/steph injury a worlds. Nothing too exciting.
Ha. So no need to read anything. All I can say is that I hope she hasn't made herself to look like she's been this perfect little princess.
We're all bitter about that injury/ 5 hour warm-up. We literally crawled to the stage from warm-ups while we were in line to try and save energy...

So true. More of a look at a girl's interpersonal issues with past employers and peers than an athlete/coach perspective on IL cheer.

I'm
Just kind of tired of hearing about all the "scandal" in IL. Like please, just stop. It's not all that.

Hey guys,
I know I've said an earful already about this book - but there's one last thing I want to say:
There are a lot of bad gyms out there. There are a lot of bad coaches out there. Like most of you, regardless of your viewpoints, made an assumption about this book whether it is good or bad. Why? Because this is a book about OUR WORLD (yes, some of you may never experience this is your world directly, but we are all part of the cheer industry together - and it is OUR LIFE).
I want to take a moment and apologize to many of you on here. After debating and defending, I took a step back and took a deeper dive into everything. Because despite what some of you think, I legitimately have NOTHING to do with this book. Yes, I became friends with the author - but only within the past month. I was wrong and made a mistake - and for that I am sorry - especially if I offended anyone.
There are many issues that were addressed in this book that I think are wrong. At the end of the day, the most important thing here is the safety and ethics of the kids. If you are someone in this cheer industry doing anything to jeopardize that, then shame on you. If you aren't, then thank you for making this cheer industry the amazing thing it is. However, do I think it was right to use people's real names? No. Because it shouldn't be about the people, it shouldn't be about who did what, and it shouldn't be about calling people out. It should be about the issues at hand.
Again, I am sorry if I offended anyone, I made a mistake and that was NEVER my intention. I'm not about drama, I'm not about making enemies - I just want to do the right thing (like most of you). I am also not perfect, as are none of you (except grumpy cat), and I made a mistake (as everyone else has at some point).
This is the last thing I am going to say about this book - and I would like to stay neutral (because I am NOT involved and this isn't my battle).

Back