All-Star Cheerbandz?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I purchased the jump system for my cp. In order to get any tension and get the resistance she has to spread her legs really far. She can't match the positions in the video because of how she has to stand. I didn't see a size option choice, but these are certainly just too wide for her :( Any suggestions for a rubber band or something we can get to substitute in?

I looked up the big a** band. They come in 3 different sizes: 6, 9, or 12 inches. They look pretty good. Maybe one of those sizes would help.

Last edited:
Thanks- I will check them out- she was so excited about the product and it has been such a bust for her.

I hope you find a band that works for you. One of my friend's CP started doing the DVD daily. In less than a month she was moved from third row to front row for jump sections. So, now my CP's are starting them! :)

Thanks- I will check them out- she was so excited about the product and it has been such a bust for her.
Can you send us a picture or series of pictures so that we can better understand what you are dealing with. Also, if the athlete is so small in size that he/she can't pull the 7" bandz (7 lbs), there's a good chance that he/she is too small. If that's the case then the product is still not a bust. You still have the instruction. Some of the exercises can be done without the bandz. Please send us pictures at: [email protected]
I'm sure we can provide guidance to help you out.

I hope you find a band that works for you. One of my friend's CP started doing the DVD daily. In less than a month she was moved from third row to front row for jump sections. So, now my CP's are starting them! :)
Kris, does your friend have any before/after pics? Please tell them to send us an email at [email protected] and share their success.

I noticed CP's gym yesterday was using resistance bands in their jump class, but it didn't look like Cheerbandz...they looked like the bands you'd find at Staples. However, she's so little that the younger girl's only used it for stretching and not the actual jumping part (they rotated). How bulky are they? She's young (5 almost 6 and about 46 inches tall), but if they'll help her, I'll buy the jump and LVL appropriate ones. I just want to make sure they work on the littles first.

I have been using these ones that Debbie Love recommended that you can get at office supply stores. Link: Universal Rubber Bands, Size 107, 7 x 5/8, 40 Bands/1lb Pack, SKU: UNV01107, 01107

They are cheap and you get 40 bands for about 10 bucks. Rays and a couple other gyms all use them I know. Debbie Love has also listed a ton of exercises you can do with them here:

Drills: Rubber Bands | For the "Love" of TumblingFor the "Love" of Tumbling

I might try and work on filming her stuff for people sometime. I have really enjoyed her techniques.

I have been using these ones that Debbie Love recommended that you can get at office supply stores. Link: Universal Rubber Bands, Size 107, 7 x 5/8, 40 Bands/1lb Pack, SKU: UNV01107, 01107

They are cheap and you get 40 bands for about 10 bucks. Rays and a couple other gyms all use them I know. Debbie Love has also listed a ton of exercises you can do with them here:

I might try and work on filming her stuff for people sometime. I have really enjoyed her techniques.

@King That would be awesome!!!!! All of Debbie Love's stuff is amazing!

The biggest problem is getting them to stay on her legs. Some of the exercises want them on your ankles, some in other positions. To get them taught in the first place she has to stand with her legs pretty far apart. This is not the position the video is asking for in many cases. My daughter is 10, is about 4' 11 inches and weighs about 57 pounds. She is narrow and has stick legs.
ETA: I will try to get some photos of her legs this week to illustrate what I mean- but I will have no idea how to post them here :)

The biggest problem is getting them to stay on her legs. Some of the exercises want them on your ankles, some in other positions. To get them taught in the first place she has to stand with her legs pretty far apart. This is not the position the video is asking for in many cases. My daughter is 10, is about 4' 11 inches and weighs about 57 pounds. She is narrow and has stick legs.
ETA: I will try to get some photos of her legs this week to illustrate what I mean- but I will have no idea how to post them here :)
Please send photos to [email protected]. We do appreciate the feedback as product improvement is something we take seriously.

Definitely can't go wrong with Debbie Love instruction. We are fans. Our instructional videos offer a little more flexibility and ease of use than having to go to a website to find a drill....especially since our drills are tied directly to the specific skill you are working on. But...as I said...You can't go wrong with Debbie's instruction. We have spoken to her on several occasions and will actually be with her this weekend at the USASF Regional Mtg in Chicago.

And one other thing...Anyone investing in products that will help build their athletes physical ability and at the same time reduce the chance of injury (due to poor conditioning) gets a HUGE thumbs up from CheerBandz...no matter if you use our product or go to Debbie's website. We are passionate about seeing young athletes develop their bodies appropriately and at the same time learn proper body positioning using resistance training.

It's so critical that we focus more on physical development and something the owner of this board will be happy to hear me say....Perfection Before Progression.

God bless all of you and good luck with your athlete development.

My daughter and I just downloaded the CheerRX app and it prompted me to share an issue she's had with the Cheerbandz product. She has enjoyed the bands (although, because of her small size...or maybe because she started at level 4, not level 1...we did also purchase some diff rubber bands to start her out) and the exercises. She likes to do the exercises outside on her trampoline because our wood floors make some of the exercises uncomfortable. Having the exercises available in an app (maybe that came with purchase of the DVD or as a low-price add on?) that she could access on her iPhone would be a brilliant solution. For now, she puts the DVD on inside and runs back and forth pausing and playing the video in between exercises. I feel like that makes her less enthusiastic about using the product. I feel like having the exercises more easily accessible would bring back some of the enthusiasm she originally had for the product (she could even do the exercises at open gym or whatever).

@j_spennington

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My daughter and I just downloaded the CheerRX app and it prompted me to share an issue she's had with the Cheerbandz product. She has enjoyed the bands (although, because of her small size...or maybe because she started at level 4, not level 1...we did also purchase some diff rubber bands to start her out) and the exercises. She likes to do the exercises outside on her trampoline because our wood floors make some of the exercises uncomfortable. Having the exercises available in an app (maybe that came with purchase of the DVD or as a low-price add on?) that she could access on her iPhone would be a brilliant solution. For now, she puts the DVD on inside and runs back and forth pausing and playing the video in between exercises. I feel like that makes her less enthusiastic about using the product. I feel like having the exercises more easily accessible would bring back some of the enthusiasm she originally had for the product (she could even do the exercises at open gym or whatever).

@j_spennington

I sent you a message.

@j_spennington

First of all thank you very much for your feedback. We considered a digital option when we first launched our product but after multiple end user reviews we got an overwhelming vote to start with a DVD series. That being said, we will always listen to our customers and consider options.

I'm happy to hear that your daughter enjoys the instruction. Have you considered getting a Yoga/Pilates mat? That would be a quick, inexpensive fix that would allow her to stay inside...especially during the summer.

Since you mentioned the CheerRx app...I'd like to thank you for being one of the first to download it. We had an amazing soft launch and have been very pleased with the response around the world. As a reminder, we hope to have the rest of our content loaded by the end of next week. But after the first two days we are happy that it is ranked the number 150 health and fitness app out of over 15000 in Apple iTunes. Not bad for a product that is only 1/6 complete. Although your daughter is a L4 cheerleader, I would encourage her to review all levels. She will find drills to improve skills that she hasn't mastered and may even find some that have never been introduced to her.

God bless and thanks again for your feedback.

Back