All-Star Cheerbandz?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wanted to share I think the tumbling level bands could be helpful for CP's going through a mental block. So much of tumbling is mental and the drills seem to boost some CP's confidence.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Wanted to share I think the tumbling level bands could be helpful for CP's going through a mental block. So much of tumbling is mental and the drills seem to boost some CP's confidence.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
We like to look at those as muscle blocks vs mental blocks. If your athlete realizes that there are physical things that they can address to strengthen and overcome, they will overcome. We NEVER use the terminology "mental block"

Sounds great mecheermom. Make sure to follow the "Attention" insert in her package.

Can't wait to see results. Make sure you both go download our new app...CheerRX...and tell you fellow cheer contacts.

God bless!
Our gym posted on our social media sites Friday for us to go download the app! So I downloaded it and I think it's a well put together app showing most level 1-5 skills with drills. I feel like this is perfect for a lot of parents as well as kids. Do you know how many parents don't know the difference between a whip, layout, and tuck when they are just starting out... Let alone any specialty 5 skills. Lol

Eta: I also like that these are all in one place and sorted. I also like that these are y'all's videos that you had done of that said skill. When a coach tried to show my daughter drills to an onodi she was still confused. I went home to YouTube and typed it in and all these videos come up. Some they are gymnastics videos with people doing like 50 million other skills so hard for her to focus on that one thing or it was people who title their videos as such but the skill is really bad or non existent that I had to go through like 15 videos to find her a good one to show. The videos you had put together are all quality videos .. So loved that as well
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our gym posted on our social media sites Friday for us to go download the app! So I downloaded it and I think it's a well put together app showing most level 1-5 skills with drills. I feel like this is perfect for a lot of parents as well as kids. Do you know how many parents don't know the difference between a whip, layout, and tuck when they are just starting out... Let alone any specialty 5 skills. Lol

Eta: I also like that these are all in one place and sorted. I also like that these are y'all's videos that you had done of that said skill. When a coach tried to show my daughter drills to an onodi she was still confused. I went home to YouTube and typed it in and all these videos come up. Some they are gymnastics videos with people doing like 50 million other skills so hard for her to focus on that one thing or it was people who title their videos as such but the skill is really bad or non existent that I had to go through like 15 videos to find her a good one to show. The videos you had put together are all quality videos .. So loved that as well

I downloaded the app, but can't find the videos. Where are they/how do you find them on the app.?

I downloaded the app, but can't find the videos. Where are they/how do you find them on the app.?
uvatumaj.jpg

This is the first thing you see right??

drag over to the right you get this and then just select from there! If you click the top left you get the social media connect thing so just go back
y5y4eha6.jpg

Can I just say how amazing this app is? It's perfect no matter what level you are and I don't even have cheerbandz! I second the comment of how hard it is to view a single skill in a video. Thank you so much! Now I will be able to teach my cheermom. Every AS Cheerleader should have this app!

uvatumaj.jpg

drag over to the right you get this and then just select from there! If you click the top left you get the social media connect thing so just go back
y5y4eha6.jpg

Thank you!!!

We like to look at those as muscle blocks vs mental blocks. If your athlete realizes that there are physical things that they can address to strengthen and overcome, they will overcome. We NEVER use the terminology "mental block"

This caught my attention because i hate the phrase "mental block" but sometimes it´s hard to explain what it is that won´t let an athlete do a skill they physically could do or have done before.
Do you have more background info or a link with explanations on "muscle block"?

This caught my attention because i hate the phrase "mental block" but sometimes it´s hard to explain what it is that won´t let an athlete do a skill they physically could do or have done before.
Do you have more background info or a link with explanations on "muscle block"?

A lot of what athletes think are mental blocks is actually just 'performance anxiety'. The scared or nervousness feeling the athlete has about doing the skill is actually quite justified because they have not developed the muscle memory, coordination, or strength to do the skill properly and safely. We had a psychologist on Fierce Connection named Jeff Benson talk about this. It has helped me change my whole perspective on when a kid is scared to do a skill. True mental blocks will always be rare, but they do exist. The key is finding out if the athlete has performance anxiety or a mental block and then properly treating it.

uvatumaj.jpg

y5y4eha6.jpg

Thanks Kris10boo and tell your gym owner thanks for encouraging you to download the app. When CheerBandz began development of CheerRX, we really only had one vision...to revolutionize the way a cheer coach coached in real time by having quick access to new drills right at their fingertips. Soon we realized that we we had an opportunity to educate coaches, parents and athletes on legal tumbling skills within each level. We have since heard how CheerRX has helped coaches pass their USASF credentialing...how parents and athletes can better understand why some gyms (the best gyms) teach and encourage proper skill and level progression...and the simple fact that their is so much more to cheer tumbling than: back handspring, running tuck, standing tuck, layout, full. We all have a strong desire to rush through skill progression and the bottom line is that it's just not safe. Our CheerBandz product is the only product in the market that focuses on developing the athlete physically so that when they go into the gym, their body is prepared to perform the skill their coach is teaching.

Kris10boo...would you mine starting a new topic about the CheerRX app? It's important to us that as many coaches, parents and athletes as possible, download our free app. It's always better for someone who is not connected to our company to begin this type of post. Thanks again for bringing it to the attention of others. Please share on your social media sites and tag us @cheerbandz and #cheerrx

Be blessed!

Thanks Kris10boo and tell your gym owner thanks for encouraging you to download the app. When CheerBandz began development of CheerRX, we really only had one vision...to revolutionize the way a cheer coach coached in real time by having quick access to new drills right at their fingertips. Soon we realized that we we had an opportunity to educate coaches, parents and athletes on legal tumbling skills within each level. We have since heard how CheerRX has helped coaches pass their USASF credentialing...how parents and athletes can better understand why some gyms (the best gyms) teach and encourage proper skill and level progression...and the simple fact that their is so much more to cheer tumbling than: back handspring, running tuck, standing tuck, layout, full. We all have a strong desire to rush through skill progression and the bottom line is that it's just not safe. Our CheerBandz product is the only product in the market that focuses on developing the athlete physically so that when they go into the gym, their body is prepared to perform the skill their coach is teaching.

Kris10boo...would you mine starting a new topic about the CheerRX app? It's important to us that as many coaches, parents and athletes as possible, download our free app. It's always better for someone who is not connected to our company to begin this type of post. Thanks again for bringing it to the attention of others. Please share on your social media sites and tag us @cheerbandz and #cheerrx

Be blessed!
You're welcome! & I started a new topic just for you I really do think it is a very beneficial app! Thanks

A lot of what athletes think are mental blocks is actually just 'performance anxiety'. The scared or nervousness feeling the athlete has about doing the skill is actually quite justified because they have not developed the muscle memory, coordination, or strength to do the skill properly and safely. We had a psychologist on Fierce Connection named Jeff Benson talk about this. It has helped me change my whole perspective on when a kid is scared to do a skill. True mental blocks will always be rare, but they do exist. The key is finding out if the athlete has performance anxiety or a mental block and then properly treating it.
Good stuff King...
GreenStorm, I'd also encourage you to read this awesome article from one of our industry's best...Hall of Fame inductee Debbie Love. She also references the use of conditioning and muscle development but goes much deeper by providing insight into the many potential causes of the "block" and gives tips for coaching and working through it.
http://fortheloveoftumbling.com/2010/05/“breaking-free”/

Back