All-Star Cheerbandz?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 11, 2013
Can anyone tell me the benefits of cheerbandz and if it's possible to use just those big thick rubber bands from staples... I have never used cheerbandz and am not partial either way. I just wondered if anyone had any input either way before I spent the money. We wanna have a jumps class and a tumbling technique class and wanna incorporate these possibly. Any input?

Ashley

I've never used cheerbandz but I got a couple of boxes of the large rubber bands from Amazon for about $10 total and they are perfect for our needs. We use them for jumps, conditioning and stretching. I'm not sure you need a specialty product for this.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We just got a set at the gym. So far I do really like them and they have helped out our kids a lot!! However they are a bit pricy IMO. I really like the videos that come with each level! Lots of great tips and exercises!

I've never used cheerbandz but I got a couple of boxes of the large rubber bands from Amazon for about $10 total and they are perfect for our needs. We use them for jumps, conditioning and stretching. I'm not sure you need a specialty product for this.

What size did you get? I've been wanting these for a while now, just don't really know what I'm looking for. When cheerbandz started I considered getting them but they are way over priced IMO.

What size did you get? I've been wanting these for a while now, just don't really know what I'm looking for. When cheerbandz started I considered getting them but they are way over priced IMO.

I bought these: Alliance Sterling Ergonomically Correct Rubber Bands, #107, 0.625 x 7 Inches, 50 per 1lb Box (25075):Amazon:Office Products

I have 19 kids on my team and I needed two boxes (although I've only needed a few from the second box). I tie 2,3, or 4 together to work on jumps and conditioning, depending on the size of the kid. I keep the different lengths separated for easy distribution at practice.

I bought these: Alliance Sterling Ergonomically Correct Rubber Bands, #107, 0.625 x 7 Inches, 50 per 1lb Box (25075):Amazon:Office Products

I have 19 kids on my team and I needed two boxes (although I've only needed a few from the second box). I tie 2,3, or 4 together to work on jumps and conditioning, depending on the size of the kid. I keep the different lengths separated for easy distribution at practice.

So like cut them and tie them together to make a bigger circle? Also once their on them, and you're using for tumbling let's say, can they do running tumbling with them??

Jumps id assume you tie like 3 together and then jump with them on, hence using the resistance to get better jumps?

Not sure how you could use for stretching... Any tips!? And ya I think they're a bit over priced but I believe it's more for the videos than the bands..?

Ashley

We use physio resistance bands. They work just as well and are about half the price. They're possibly a little tighter than cheerbandz or regualar rubber bands but they seem to do the trick as I've seen an improvement in jumps and we also use them to stretch bow & arrow, scales and needles/scorps.

We use physio resistance bands. They work just as well and are about half the price. They're possibly a little tighter than cheerbandz or regualar rubber bands but they seem to do the trick as I've seen an improvement in jumps and we also use them to stretch bow & arrow, scales and needles/scorps.

Do they come with instructions on how to use them??? I'm just not really sure the proper way to put them into prathce. Usasf offered a class at the conference on the bands training and me being a dummy, skipped it cause I didn't think it was necessary to take. Now I wish I had! I believe POWERs owner taught it. I wanna know how they recommend using them for stretching, jumping and tumbling to get the most out of them.

Ashley

Do they come with instructions on how to use them??? I'm just not really sure the proper way to put them into prathce. Usasf offered a class at the conference on the bands training and me being a dummy, skipped it cause I didn't think it was necessary to take. Now I wish I had! I believe POWERs owner taught it. I wanna know how they recommend using them for stretching, jumping and tumbling to get the most out of them.

Ashley
The guy who made CheerBandz is on my team. Drop me a pm and I can get you in touch with him.

What I've been wondering: If you use one large band (or possibly 2 that are connected in the middle) and just put it around your ankles, wouldn't it ride up while doing a toe touch?

What I've been wondering: If you use one large band (or possibly 2 that are connected in the middle) and just put it around your ankles, wouldn't it ride up while doing a toe touch?
Thought the same thing, but I think it would fall off? A school team at the gym uses them for stretching but nothing else. I've considered the ones used in knee therapy that velcro around the ankle and have a tight cord between them to resist, but those aren't cheap and don't come in bulk... at least that I can find.

I think I will try a theraband that I already have at home and just make small loops to put around my ankles.

For the rubber bands that I linked - no. You tie them together so that there are a string of them with knots between them. The end bands have loops big enough to put your feet into. They stay right at your ankles. I'll try to take a pic later.

So like cut them and tie them together to make a bigger circle? Also once their on them, and you're using for tumbling let's say, can they do running tumbling with them??

Jumps id assume you tie like 3 together and then jump with them on, hence using the resistance to get better jumps?

Not sure how you could use for stretching... Any tips!? And ya I think they're a bit over priced but I believe it's more for the videos than the bands..?

Ashley

No, no cutting the bands. Loop them through each other so that they're tied together in a line. No, I have not used them for running tumbling (I can't imagine how you would) - only to discourage frog legs in standing back handsprings (two bands looped together, pushed up to just above the knees, so that kids can *feel* when their legs separate but don't restrict them enough so that they cannot complete the motion and end up injuring themselves) or on the upper arms for kids who continuously put their hands really far apart for back or front walkovers - again, two looped together, above the elbows, so that they can feel when they're separating their arms but not restrictive enough to cause injury.

Jumps, yes, used for resistance. The improvement is almost immediate - it is much easier to do actual toe touches, much more difficult to do spread eagles, therefore almost all of our spread eagle jumpers are now toe touchers! lol.

Stretching - just use as an aid for self stretching when we don't have time for partner stretching. Loop over the foot, pull body positions by pulling on the band.

For the rubber bands that I linked - no. You tie them together so that there are a string of them with knots between them. The end bands have loops big enough to put your feet into. They stay right at your ankles. I'll try to take a pic later.

No, no cutting the bands. Loop them through each other so that they're tied together in a line. No, I have not used them for running tumbling (I can't imagine how you would) - only to discourage frog legs in standing back handsprings (two bands looped together, pushed up to just above the knees, so that kids can *feel* when their legs separate but don't restrict them enough so that they cannot complete the motion and end up injuring themselves) or on the upper arms for kids who continuously put their hands really far apart for back or front walkovers - again, two looped together, above the elbows, so that they can feel when they're separating their arms but not restrictive enough to cause injury.

Jumps, yes, used for resistance. The improvement is almost immediate - it is much easier to do actual toe touches, much more difficult to do spread eagles, therefore almost all of our spread eagle jumpers are now toe touchers! lol.

Stretching - just use as an aid for self stretching when we don't have time for partner stretching. Loop over the foot, pull body positions by pulling on the band.

Super helpful!!!! Thank you so much!

Ashley

Back