All-Star Cheerhab

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought the team overall was good (the stunts were clean and still difficult)

This might be extreme speculation on my part, and I hope this is not the case, but you can never know. This is only season 2, but both teams thus far have been senior 4.2 teams. I can only wonder that if for the sake of drama, awesomeness tv takes true 4.2 kids and tells them to throw level 4 tumbling they clearly aren't ready for when they are filming, seriously endangering them. Then it is shown Eddie and Orby see this mess of a "senior 4" team, dramatically move them down to 4.2, and their problems are miraculously fixed with a few practices.

I find this an insane explanation, but you can never know. Level 4 seems an odd level to "Cheerhab" other than the fact that level 4.2 exists [emoji15]

Last edited:
the team from the upcoming season:

B7quFVnCYAEfBxD.jpg

I am a natural cynic, so I'm just curious---how many were in their division?

We have been with a gym who had a team in a division that really didn't have competition in the area---so good or bad, they won first for three comps in a row because they had no one else. Even winning a National Title under the same circumstances.

So I'm curious how big their division was.

This might be extreme speculation on my part, and I hope this is not the case, but you can never know. This is only season 2, but both teams thus far have been senior 4.2 teams. I can only wonder that if for the sake of drama, awesomeness tv forces true 4.2 kids to compete and display level 4 tumbling they clearly aren't ready for, seriously endangering them. Then it is shown Eddie and Orby see this mess of a "senior 4" team, dramatically move them down to 4.2, and their problems are miraculously fixed with a few practices.

I find this an insane explanation, but you can never know. Level 4 seems an odd level to "Cheerhab" other than the fact that level 4.2 exists [emoji15]

I won't if their focus is on Senior 4 because they realistically know if they brought those attitudes into the gym with a youth team, parents would likely run them out with pitchforks...let alone a mini. Though they could probably get away with it as a Junior team too.

It'll be interesting to see if this team was also originally a LVL 4 team, and they brought it down.

I am a natural cynic, so I'm just curious---how many were in their division?

We have been with a gym who had a team in a division that really didn't have competition in the area---so good or bad, they won first for three comps in a row because they had no one else. Even winning a National Title under the same circumstances.

So I'm curious how big their division was.

The team was a level 4.2 last year. They changed the gym name this year. It was Willamette invasion last season. And the team name was Divas.
This weekend there were four teams in their division.

This might be extreme speculation on my part, and I hope this is not the case, but you can never know. This is only season 2, but both teams thus far have been senior 4.2 teams. I can only wonder that if for the sake of drama, awesomeness tv forces true 4.2 kids to compete and display level 4 tumbling they clearly aren't ready for, seriously endangering them. Then it is shown Eddie and Orby see this mess of a "senior 4" team, dramatically move them down to 4.2, and their problems are miraculously fixed with a few practices.

The team was a level 4.2 last year. They changed the gym name this year. It was Willamette invasion last season. And the team name was Divas.
This weekend there were four teams in their division.

well that settled that.

:wham:

for those giving the invasion athletix coaches grief for supposedly being so bad that they needed some cheerhab, i looked up videos of the divas from last season and they didnt look as discombobulated. also, the coaches didn't appear to not have done a good enough job as theyve been made out to not have done (excuse grammar)...

comparing that video to the video i posted early from this past weekend, they improved *a lot* both in technique and skill level (from my armchair 4.2 judging "skills"). i wonder how much of an influence orby and eddie had to do with that. i also compared that last season's video to cali 4.2's last season's gssa video and the divas don't look to be too far behind them, not so much so that one could say that the coaches didn't know what theyre doing or shouldnt be coaching.

Last edited:
for those giving the invasion athletix coaches grief for supposedly being so bad that they needed some cheerhab, i looked up videos of the divas from last season and they didnt look as discombobulated. also, the coaches didn't appear to not have done a good enough job as theyve been made out to have not done...

comparing that video to the video i posted early from this past weekend, they improved *a lot* both in technique and skill level (from my armchair 4.2 judging "skills"). i wonder how much of an influence orby and eddie had to do with that. i also compared that last season's video to cali 4.2's last season's gssa video and the divas don't look to be too far behind them, not so much so that one could say that the coaches didn't know what theyre doing or shouldnt be coaching.

I am honestly glad that they've shown marked improvement (whether expressly through Cheerhab or not) With lots of events that have happened lately, I think I've just grown far too skeptical and cynical of Awesomeness TV. As mentioned, my earlier post was just an insanely crazy speculation. It was something I determined was worth posting so that someone with further knowledge of this team could allow my statement to be proven wrong. Personally, I wouldn't want what I had said above to be true!

Hopefully these teams that are cheerhabbed gain something more from the process than increased exposure and prominence on social media.

I agree but I think part of it is the fact that these kids have never conditioned like this before. They either didn't condition at the level they should have been or they slack off & aren't corrected. They should not be put in danger of injuring themselves. Kids are dramatic & will scream and cry when they struggle with the workout
That's totally true. I feel like conditioning should be gradual like when you start personal training. Don't push them too far too soon

I'll just leave this here.

I couldn't make it past 5 minutes. There we so many things wrong with that video. How many times do you have to say you aren't "taken seriously"? Who cares? If you have a good program you'll get taken seriously. They are so caught up on being "taken seriously." I officially hate that phrase now.

I have to say my favorite part were those dive roll rebounds.

Back