All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here it goes... I should start this off by saying its not directed at anyone its just my point of view. The way Eddie was talking it makes it sounds that Jenee's mom and he had issues and that is what led to Jenee's departure. Either way what's done is done. My major issue is now that we are saying that teenagers are supposed to 100% know that what they put on twitter is going to cause a backlash when most adults don't know what is or isn't appropriate to post on social media. When people are upset and hurt they do stupid things and just want to vent, adults and teenagers, alike so that's what those kids did. I'm sorry if someone says that they have never posted something on twitter/ facebook that they regret then I am ready to call you Pinocchio because that's crap. I get the "you're a role model and you have a responsibility" argument but everybody makes mistakes and they don't need it thrown in their faces. And I'm sorry there have been many more incidents on twitter this year that are much more ridiculous and shameful then the SMO's ranting. As many of you know, I work for a business coach and we hear this problem all the time that employees are posting inappropriate things online. There is really one way to control it and that is to write it into people's contracts that they have to abide by the company's social media guidelines and if the company finds out you broke those guideline then they have the right to terminate your employment. And if you think that's not happening in the real world trust me it is. I just wrote social media guidelines for a client of ours that is one of the biggest employers in North America and a friend of mine recently got fired for posting what her company's social media guidelines deemed inappropriate. People are getting fired everyday for it. So if gyms want to prevent this then they have to write these guidelines into the athletes' contracts and say that if they break it then there are direct consequences for it and list those out in detail. I guess my main point is that I don't understand why we are holding the SMO'S to such a high standard when everyday adults are posting horrendous and dumb things?

I'm suffering from so much secondhand embarrassment from this thread. Why do you care what a bunch of teenagers do/say on twitter? In what way is it affecting you? And better yet, if it wasn't for this show, would you care? No. You wouldn't. You people sit here scrutinizing a bunch of kids for what? For your own enjoyment? We get it. You aren't happy with how they acted on twitter. Great. Take your own advice, and keep it to yourself. There is no need for you to carry on for 5+ pages on how YOU would've reacted in their position, and how YOUR coaches would've handled the situation. What's done is done, now leave it alone. If you care so much about Jenee, STOP TALKING ABOUT HER. It's truly that easy.

I'm suffering from so much secondhand embarrassment from this thread. Why do you care what a bunch of teenagers do/say on twitter? In what way is it affecting you? And better yet, if it wasn't for this show, would you care? No. You wouldn't. You people sit here scrutinizing a bunch of kids for what? For your own enjoyment? We get it. You aren't happy with how they acted on twitter. Great. Take your own advice, and keep it to yourself. There is no need for you to carry on for 5+ pages on how YOU would've reacted in their position, and how YOUR coaches would've handled the situation. What's done is done, now leave it alone. If you care so much about Jenee, STOP TALKING ABOUT HER. It's truly that easy.
I'm giving you a round of applause all of the way from Vancouver, BC. Very well said!

I guess my main point is that I don't understand why we are holding the SMO'S to such a high standard when everyday adults are posting horrendous and dumb things?
I've said it like 6 times but just because other people are doing it doesn't make it okay. Rude is rude whether you have 1 follower or a million, whether you're 15 or 50. It being a widespread issue doesn't mean they were "handling themselves with decorum" which was the statement I was replying to to begin with. They shouldn't be praised for the way they handled the situation when they handled it like children. That's all I was trying to say.
And I'm not holding them to higher standards than I hold myself or anyone else to :)
It's a problem (in the world) that is huge and needs to be fixed. By ignoring it and denying that, we only encourage it.
And with that, I'm done :)

Who was the new girl that replaced her flying spot? They did awesome at NCA & Worlds. Whoever it was sure jumped right in and learned everything really fast! That is amazing! Sometimes it takes time for new stunt groups to click.

Generally, I don't really think it is anyone's business to know exactly what happen besides the parties involved in the issue. Just because some one has received the "cheerelebrity" (ew hate that word) status, does not mean their life should be broadcast all over. Yes, people will want to follow them on their team and cheer news and such but I think personal information should stay personal. Jenee/family don't have any need to tell cheer world why this switch happened. With that all being said, by having it as part of a web documentary, all people involved have to know that people are going to talk and going to speculate. Is it necessarily right to do so, no probably not but people are going to be curious.

I just feel like this whole thing needs to die down but it's being brought up because of this particular episode and its content. We will never know the whole story and I am perfectly okay with that. Even with all the drama surrounding this situation, they achieved what they wanted to achieve which was going out there in Orlando and getting their 3 peat at worlds as well as winning NCA.

Who was the new girl that replaced her flying spot? They did awesome at NCA & Worlds. Whoever it was sure jumped right in and learned everything really fast! That is amazing! Sometimes it takes time for new stunt groups to click.
Payton Banville she was on snipers this year too but moved up. She's actually a really good flyer and fit in well with the other flyers.

I have agreed up until this point with everyone that said "respect their privacy" "it's not our business" etc. if I make a decision for my child and I don't desire to explain them to anyone, I do not make a 10 min webisode about it. This is a bit much to me, if you want people to let it go and not ask questions then don't monopolize on the situation by making farewell Jenee Episodes. Every Episode of cheerleaders is followed with pages of conversation and speculation, this episode will get the same and no one should say "leave it alone" because they decided to make a deal about it 2 months after it happened. I also find it strange that they would tell us why brookee left (and I don't even know who that is) but won't over an explanation for Jenee, there is obviously something they don't want shared. I would be concerned as a parent about sending my child half way across the country alone to this program without knowing the truth about this situation.

THIS!! Neither the athlete or her family have commented negatively on this and NOW, this coach decides to do this??? Why?
Why not just let it go? In large programs, athletes come and go. Let them go about their lives. Notice he did not mention that she has been replaced. Of course she has, because she had to be! Move on!

THIS!! Neither the athlete or her family have commented negatively on this and NOW, this coach decides to do this??? Why?
Why not just let it go? In large programs, athletes come and go. Let them go about their lives. Notice he did not mention that she has been replaced. Of course she has, because she had to be! Move on!

decided to do what? answer the question that the producers asked of them (why isn't she on the team anymore)? i dont see how their comments/answers could have been construed as being negative. they simply said that she got pulled from the program due to a parent's decision.

as far as this being an episode, it would have been weird if it wasn't featured in an episode. welcome and goodbye episodes have been dedicated to a person or two people coming or leaving. it felt kind of weird that equal weight wasn't given to both girls that left. none of the teammates were given the change to speak about the other girl's departure. there was a 2 minute rip memorial then 3 minutes of talking about her leaving, then the other girl just got 1 minute about her leaving, 2 minutes about another girl coming back and 2 minutes about another getting klonked in the head.

bases dont get any love.

decided to do what? answer the question that the producers asked of them (why isn't she on the team anymore)? i dont see how their comments/answers could have been construed as being negative. they simply said that she got pulled from the program due to a parent's decision.

as far as this being an episode, it would have been weird if it wasn't featured in an episode. welcome and goodbye episodes have been dedicated to a person or two people coming or leaving. it felt kind of weird that equal weight wasn't given to both girls that left. none of the teammates were given the change to speak about the other girl's departure. there was a 2 minute rip memorial then 3 minutes of talking about her leaving, then the other girl just got 1 minute about her leaving, 2 minutes about another girl coming back and 2 minutes about another getting klonked in the head.

bases dont get any love.

Why would it have been weird? Because she's a "celebrity". "She had to go for personal reasons, We'll miss her!" "Meet our new flyer, Miss New Beauty." Done! You don't know if her mom really pulled her from the gym. You are assuming that he told the truth in that video. What if she and her sister WANTED to leave? That's their business. Their FAMILY business. He made her mother sound like a pariah, and himself like a victim. He did it publicly. It was very crass.

Why would it have been weird? Because she's a "celebrity". "She had to go for personal reasons, We'll miss her!" "Meet our new flyer, Miss New Beauty." Done! You don't know if her mom really pulled her from the gym. You are assuming that he told the truth in that video. What if she and her sister WANTED to leave? That's their business. Their FAMILY business. He made her mother sound like a pariah, and himself like a victim. He did it publicly. It was very crass.

i already answered your opening question with my explanation above after i made the claim that not having a several minute length goodbye wouldve weird. other new members of the team have had welcome/goodbye episodes, and then for a 4 year veteran of the team to get your 5 second goodbye? yes, that would have been w.e.i.r.d. and whats with calling the new girl "miss new beauty"? she is an athlete, not some beauty pageant contestant. and whats with your conspiracy theory about the coaches scheming to fabricate a made up story? lmao.

i already answered your opening question with my explanation above after i made the claim that not having a several minute length goodbye wouldve weird. other new members of the team have had welcome/goodbye episodes, and then for a 4 year veteran of the team to get your 5 second goodbye? yes, that would have been w.e.i.r.d. and whats with calling the new girl "miss new beauty"? she is an athlete, not some beauty pageant contestant. and whats with your conspiracy theory about the coaches scheming to fabricate a made up story? lmao.

I said what I meant to say and now, I am ignoring you and moving on. Have a good morning.

Back