All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would know not to use that language on social media, however I know that different stroke for different folks and others have been brought up different ways than I have and are different people than me so I can accept that maybe they didn't see the swear words as bad language.
(That makes me sound like I'm a saint or something - I'm not, I have always just been brought up in a way that swearing is rude and don't use it)

And, for me personally, I don't think I'm doing what some of the Smo's did. We are both definitely criticising, I wouldn't deny that, but we are not saying it in the same way. I could say "those f****** smoed kids are so b***** rude, I can't believe they would be so s*** to their friend ugh" like they did but I didn't. And I'm being critical on an open discussion forum without an intention to hurt someone, not on a twitter account with 2k followers.

I know you have a bias to Cali and are going to defend/disagree with no matter what I say, so this may have been a pointless post - So can we agree to disagree that I didn't like it because I don't like swearing and you don't have a problem with it?
I have no desire to banter whether your criticism on social media of the SMO's is equal to that of the criticism the SMO's dealt on social media to Jenee. You have your opinion and I mine.

I mentioned in a prior post, I'm sure I haven't seen all of the tweets produced. I don' even use twitter. I certainly haven't seen tweets laced with the kind of profanity that you say exist. Of course I don't condone vulgarity, tweeted or otherwise. And, as I mentioned previously if my CP posted a tweet talking like that she wouldn't have a twitter account any longer. There is no excuse for bad manners. And, if you're in a position of influence or a role model to others, you have an added responsibility to represent yourself and your affiliation (in this case gym) in the best manner possible. That obviously was not heeded in this situation.

Previous discussion had been regarding SMO's tweets about Jenee. Now it's morphed into discussion about the use of profanity on social media. Those are two very distinctly different topics. For you to presume that I condone profanity on social media because I defended the SMO's feelings of betrayal is a real stretch.

You are welcome to feel I have a CALI bias. Just because I don't agree with your view, then I must be bias ? That seems an arrogant way to think. To follow that logic I'm to presume that your bias against CALI ? This is a ridiculous discussion. We have two different viewpoints....that's all.

I have no dog in this fight regardless of what you believe. No matter the team, under the same circumstances I would feel the very same way. In the future as details come out you may rethink your position about the SMO's justification for feeling hurt . Until then, we'll agree to disagree with no animus.

Now, my only hope is to never revisit this topic again. Everyone else has left it in the dust, yet we're still chewing on it ad nauseum. This is it, no more for me. I'm done rehashing old news.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Here it goes... I should start this off by saying its not directed at anyone its just my point of view. The way Eddie was talking it makes it sounds that Jenee's mom and he had issues and that is what led to Jenee's departure. Either way what's done is done. My major issue is now that we are saying that teenagers are supposed to 100% know that what they put on twitter is going to cause a backlash when most adults don't know what is or isn't appropriate to post on social media. When people are upset and hurt they do stupid things and just want to vent, adults and teenagers, alike so that's what those kids did. I'm sorry if someone says that they have never posted something on twitter/ facebook that they regret then I am ready to call you Pinocchio because that's crap. I get the "you're a role model and you have a responsibility" argument but everybody makes mistakes and they don't need it thrown in their faces. And I'm sorry there have been many more incidents on twitter this year that are much more ridiculous and shameful then the SMO's ranting. As many of you know, I work for a business coach and we hear this problem all the time that employees are posting inappropriate things online. There is really one way to control it and that is to write it into people's contracts that they have to abide by the company's social media guidelines and if the company finds out you broke those guideline then they have the right to terminate your employment. And if you think that's not happening in the real world trust me it is. I just wrote social media guidelines for a client of ours that is one of the biggest employers in North America and a friend of mine recently got fired for posting what her company's social media guidelines deemed inappropriate. People are getting fired everyday for it. So if gyms want to prevent this then they have to write these guidelines into the athletes' contracts and say that if they break it then there are direct consequences for it and list those out in detail. I guess my main point is that I don't understand why we are holding the SMO'S to such a high standard when everyday adults are posting horrendous and dumb things?
100% agree with 100% discussed.

I've said it like 6 times but just because other people are doing it doesn't make it okay. Rude is rude whether you have 1 follower or a million, whether you're 15 or 50. It being a widespread issue doesn't mean they were "handling themselves with decorum" which was the statement I was replying to to begin with. They shouldn't be praised for the way they handled the situation when they handled it like children. That's all I was trying to say.
And I'm not holding them to higher standards than I hold myself or anyone else to :)
It's a problem (in the world) that is huge and needs to be fixed. By ignoring it and denying that, we only encourage it.
And with that, I'm done :)
Were they being praised ? I don't think so. Considering the circumstances they used a lot of restraint. And, I understand their feeling of betrayal. Just an opinion. After learning more about the situation you may even agree, who knows ?

One more thing "rude is rude" and unacceptable so why are you being so rude in your post ? It's just a discussion and opinions. The world would be a boring place if we all held the same views.

decided to do what? answer the question that the producers asked of them (why isn't she on the team anymore)? i dont see how their comments/answers could have been construed as being negative. they simply said that she got pulled from the program due to a parent's decision.

as far as this being an episode, it would have been weird if it wasn't featured in an episode. welcome and goodbye episodes have been dedicated to a person or two people coming or leaving. it felt kind of weird that equal weight wasn't given to both girls that left. none of the teammates were given the change to speak about the other girl's departure. there was a 2 minute rip memorial then 3 minutes of talking about her leaving, then the other girl just got 1 minute about her leaving, 2 minutes about another girl coming back and 2 minutes about another getting klonked in the head.

bases dont get any love.
From what I gather, Brookee was still involved with the team. She just wasn't on the team. So she showed up for practices etc. They were hoping she would get well enough to return to the mat. With J it was like an unexpected severing of a SMOED twin. And then there was one. There was no likelihood of her return (even for a visit).

Generally, I don't really think it is anyone's business to know exactly what happen besides the parties involved in the issue. Just because some one has received the "cheerelebrity" (ew hate that word) status, does not mean their life should be broadcast all over. Yes, people will want to follow them on their team and cheer news and such but I think personal information should stay personal. Jenee/family don't have any need to tell cheer world why this switch happened. With that all being said, by having it as part of a web documentary, all people involved have to know that people are going to talk and going to speculate. Is it necessarily right to do so, no probably not but people are going to be curious.
I would normally agree with you except Jenee/family plus their very good friend cheerupdates were the ones that blasted it all over social media. So yes they didnt have a need to tell the cheer world anything, but they did, and therefor you get what you give. As a member of smoed I would have had a hard time keeping my mouth shut after all the drama Jenee and her family caused on social media - regardless of the reasons for leaving.

Why would it have been weird? Because she's a "celebrity". "She had to go for personal reasons, We'll miss her!" "Meet our new flyer, Miss New Beauty." Done! You don't know if her mom really pulled her from the gym. You are assuming that he told the truth in that video. What if she and her sister WANTED to leave? That's their business. Their FAMILY business. He made her mother sound like a pariah, and himself like a victim. He did it publicly. It was very crass.
What a joke. You have no clue, it's evident. Eddie took the high road and even tried shielding Jenee from criticism. He in no way played the victim. He did his best to prevent this situation from being a public spectacle as evidenced by his multiple requests to the public to please not discuss. When SMO's tweeted he insisted they stop. He did not embark on a smear campaign. This situation was thrown in his lap thru none of his own doing and he handled it with class. If anyone believes differently they should check their facts. Sounds like the above post is written by someone with an agenda or ulterior motive. If you want to be taken seriously come back with real facts. Otherwise stop your ridiculous smear campaign.

I would normally agree with you except Jenee/family plus their very good friend cheerupdates were the ones that blasted it all over social media. So yes they didnt have a need to tell the cheer world anything, but they did, and therefor you get what you give. As a member of smoed I would have had a hard time keeping my mouth shut after all the drama Jenee and her family caused on social media - regardless of the reasons for leaving.
agree and when all the speculation began we were told we shouldn't be talking about the situation and if I recall correct Jenee's mom was shimmying posts about all the speculation but we still weren't suppose to talk about it.

They had every right to leave and very right to return if they so choose but bottom line things could have been handled differently to the benefit of the family but then again hindsight is 20/20.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Hater Shades, trying to be relevant since 2009.

THIS!! Neither the athlete or her family have commented negatively on this and NOW, this coach decides to do this??? Why?
Why not just let it go? In large programs, athletes come and go. Let them go about their lives. Notice he did not mention that she has been replaced. Of course she has, because she had to be! Move on!
Check your facts.

I have no desire to banter whether your criticism on social media of the SMO's is equal to that of the criticism the SMO's dealt on social media to Jenee. You have your opinion and I mine.

I mentioned in a prior post, I'm sure I haven't seen all of the tweets produced. I don' even use twitter. I certainly haven't seen tweets laced with the kind of profanity that you say exist. Of course I don't condone vulgarity, tweeted or otherwise. And, as I mentioned previously if my CP posted a tweet talking like that she wouldn't have a twitter account any longer. There is no excuse for bad manners. And, if you're in a position of influence or a role model to others, you have an added responsibility to represent yourself and your affiliation (in this case gym) in the best manner possible. That obviously was not heeded in this situation.

Previous discussion had been regarding SMO's tweets about Jenee. Now it's morphed into discussion about the use of profanity on social media. Those are two very distinctly different topics. For you to presume that I condone profanity on social media because I defended the SMO's feelings of betrayal is a real stretch.

You are welcome to feel I have a CALI bias. Just because I don't agree with your view, then I must be bias ? That seems an arrogant way to think. To follow that logic I'm to presume that your bias against CALI ? This is a ridiculous discussion. We have two different viewpoints....that's all.

I have no dog in this fight regardless of what you believe. No matter the team, under the same circumstances I would feel the very same way. In the future as details come out you may rethink your position about the SMO's justification for feeling hurt . Until then, we'll agree to disagree with no animus.

Now, my only hope is to never revisit this topic again. Everyone else has left it in the dust, yet we're still chewing on it ad nauseum. This is it, no more for me. I'm done rehashing old news.

1) Apologies if it sounded like I was suggesting you condoned vulgar language - I meant to say that I had a problem with the posts (because of the language was my reason) and you didn't have a problem with the post not that you didn't have a problem with the language.

2) You do have a bias towards Cali because I am sensing from you posts that you know these kids on a personal level. It is an insider (you) and outsider (me) point of view. I didn't assume you must be bias because you disagreed with me, I knew you had some sort of emotional connection to those kids which will naturally make you see it in a less harsh way than everyone else. You automatically assumed I had negative intentions with that, which I didn'.

3) No matter what details come out, I will never change my stance. I don't care what the situation and how angry someone is, swearing in the way they did is just something I have been brought up not to condone. (As I said earlier, I understand others were brought up differently)

4) Happy for this to be our last post on this discussion as its clear you think one thing and I think another.

There, I'll be the one to do it! Catgifs! :cheering:
(aimend at no one in particular, rather everyone and no one ;) )

tumblr_n4mxcaYse41rka7q1o1_500.gif

Were they being praised ? I don't think so. Considering the circumstances they used a lot of restraint. And, I understand their feeling of betrayal. Just an opinion. After learning more about the situation you may even agree, who knows ?

One more thing "rude is rude" and unacceptable so why are you being so rude in your post ? It's just a discussion and opinions. The world would be a boring place if we all held the same views.

Sorry if you feel that I'm being rude but I'm not trying to be. Refusing to back down from my views isn't being rude. Like you said, it's a discussion board and I'm simply discussing it. I never suggested that it made them bad people, I'm just saying there were bad decisions made and people should stop excusing it.

What exactly is wrong with Brookee? Not to be negative at all, but it looks like she may be suffering from a mental illness or some sort of depression.

What exactly is wrong with Brookee? Not to be negative at all, but it looks like she may be suffering from a mental illness or some sort of depression.

Is Brookee not the one who had pneumonia or something like that earlier in the season?

Back