All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I had a new kitten last year, I called it "Maddie Gardner", but my other cat really didnt like this new kitten and kept attacking me and this kitten. so i decided to give it back up for adoption. now a family with totally no bond with cheerleading has a cat named maddie garnder (they kept the name)
Too funny.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

They asked if we could go back and also get Smoed's two brothers to name them Eddie and Orby. LOL I told them nice try, but No! One kitten is all they get!
Clever girls you have. I can only imagine what it must be like to have two kids so invested in cheer that they name their pet SMOED. My CP passed on the kitten news to a SMO today at practice. Orby and Eddie are daughter's coaches. I'm sure they'll be equally flattered to learn about the kittens that were almost Eddie and Orby.

At another gym when my daughter was on a Youth team one of the little girls named her fish after the parents. I walked into practice one day and she was so sad. I asked if she was okay and she couldn't even look at me and answer my question. During practice I mentioned this to her Mom. Her Mom explained to me that over the weekend Steve (my husband's name) died. Despite her daughter's protests they flushed Steve down the toilet. Her daughter was worried the news would make me sad, but felt I deserved to know. I reassured her that it was okay and things like that happen with fish. After which she returned to her bubbly self.

Honestly it's a good show and addicting but y'all need to chill out and worry about your own gym or your own problems..just bc they are a good team doesn't give y'all the right to pry into their gyms problems or their personal lives..how many people are sitting here talking about top gun or cheer extreme or Maryland twisters or anyone else who's won worlds before about their gyms struggles or issues..that's right they're not..so in my opinion get on with your lives and maybe go to the gym to work on your skills and worry about yourselves.
Ok rant over..

When in doubt..shimmy it out

It is a good show. I watch it with my daughters fast forwarding through the drama and other stuff to only let them see the cheer and practices (I highly censor their screen time always - that is just me - conservative mom). I think the difference is that the other teams you mentioned have not put their team out on a reality show format. The positives of SMOED doing that is there are parts of that show that are inspiring and motivating to many cheerleaders (mine included which is precisely why I allow them to watch it with me at the edit).
The negatives is it creates a false familiarity where some people feel they truly know what that gym and team are all about based on the show and following social media. It is a double edge sword that SMOED opened themselves up to. I think this season so far more than last they have done more drama than last and that certainly encourages these type of discussions where those outside of the situation feel invested.

It is a good show. I watch it with my daughters fast forwarding through the drama and other stuff to only let them see the cheer and practices (I highly censor their screen time always - that is just me - conservative mom). I think the difference is that the other teams you mentioned have not put their team out on a reality show format. The positives of SMOED doing that is there are parts of that show that are inspiring and motivating to many cheerleaders (mine included which is precisely why I allow them to watch it with me at the edit).
The negatives is it creates a false familiarity where some people feel they truly know what that gym and team are all about based on the show and following social media. It is a double edge sword that SMOED opened themselves up to. I think this season so far more than last they have done more drama than last and that certainly encourages these type of discussions where those outside of the situation feel invested.
Obviously the show wants people invested in the individuals and their lives otherwise they would keep the cameras inside the gym. I think it's great that they show the SMO'S as they are, real life people with real life problems. The drawback to that is what we have here. The SMO'S have become public figures. That's both good and bad depending on the circumstances. I agree that all of this chatter can be annoying to some but it's to be expected. Another thought, the SMO'S are minors and the gym is new to filming so this is all new territory for them. It would be very easy for an individual to feel overwhelmed by it all so when we are inclined to judge we should keep that in mind (this is not said in reference to preceding quoted post, just a general comment).

I agree I love their gym and their team and the family aspect and everything about the athletes and coaches I just think people need to leave them alone when it comes to personal things like this.

I agree I love their gym and their team and the family aspect and everything about the athletes and coaches I just think people need to leave them alone when it comes to personal things like this.

I totally agree with especially because many of them are minors. Not disagreeing one bit - I just understand why it is happening and can't fault people for becoming connected personally because the show really strives to get people personally connected to the kids especially showing their homes and outside life which it feels has more focus this year than last. That decision to invest the audience in the personal life of the individual cheerleaders outside of the gym is what draws people in but also blurs the boundaries especially in a time of social media. It is a hard line to set and one that has pros and cons with it. I think the CJA show did better at making a boundary line in that sense. Trust me the dramas of my own gym are more than enough for me and while I truly love that this show inspires my kids to be great athletes. BUT I think it puts these cheerleaders in a position that can take minor (and not so minor) things and amplify while leaving them without the protection of anonymity non-show CPs have when gym issues rise. The adults need to step in and set some better screen boundaries and also some better social media rules for them as a team - not to penalize them but for their own protection.

i dont think brookee is on the team anymore, since she didn't compete with the team at nca. she was at every comp before it though. i remember an article that gabbi butler wrote stating that she is jenees cousin.

Back