All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How does that work?
I've always wondered how gyms that have you try out for a specific team place the athletes that didn't make that team, since aren't all other teams filling up with that method too? Is there a team at the end, made up of all the athletes who didn't make their first choice team? Do the larger teams have open spots? Sorry I'm getting carried away with the questions :p

why did so many people that didnt age out not come back to Smoed? Were they done with the commitment level that it takes or what? I cannot see any cheerleader winning world in Small Coed with Smoed, and then deciding, "oh, I am done with this..."

why did so many people that didnt age out not come back to Smoed? Were they done with the commitment level that it takes or what? I cannot see any cheerleader winning world in Small Coed with Smoed, and then deciding, "oh, I am done with this..."
some probably want to change it up be on an all girl team or a large coed team for different reasons. i know that their were some former lady bullets who went large coed for the 2012-2013 season. i dont see anything wrong with it, plus if you already have a worlds medal, some might not think its of utter importance to have multiple, etc..
then again didnt eddie say a lot of the team aged out and graduated.

can you elaborate...

I do not want to speak for everyone, but I think there are a few things to consider. You are at the top of the sport, and for many of the smoed kids it wasn't their first worlds medal. You have shown you are the best, and there is nowhere else to go. You could keep adding to the collection, or have a life.

When I gave up cheer, it was the first time in my life I had a life. This is not a joke-I had no idea what 99% of the television shows on tv were about. I never got to go out with my friends, and I missed lots of fun school activities because I was at practice. Did I love it? Yes, I did. I accomplished all my goals and then some, but when I got a taste of being a "normal" kid, I took it and never looked back. It's intense, and it's life consuming. At some point, you look and have to evaluate what you want to do with your time. I think it's even harder when there are probably other teams that aren't quite as intense and time consuming too...

When I gave up cheer, it was the first time in my life I had a life. This is not a joke-I had no idea what 99% of the television shows on tv were about. I never got to go out with my friends, and I missed lots of fun school activities because I was at practice. Did I love it? Yes, I did. I accomplished all my goals and then some, but when I got a taste of being a "normal" kid, I took it and never looked back. It's intense, and it's life consuming. At some point, you look and have to evaluate what you want to do with your time. I think it's even harder when there are probably other teams that aren't quite as intense and time consuming too...

Yes. This. This is what I try to tell people when they ask me why I decided not to cheer in college and they just don't understand. Even though I wasn't on a worlds team, my senior year I was on 2 teams and occasionally helped out 1-2 other teams too. It was super hectic but I loved it. When college came I decided I wanted to have a normal college life which and I do not regret that decision in anyway.

I loved my life with cheerleading but I also love it without cheer just as much. It's so nice to have a group of friends that you can do anything you want with because you have no prior commitments aka cheer. I love having time to make plans on a Friday night and not worry about a competition the next day. Or having to say "sorry, I can't, I have practice" when my friends ask me to go somewhere and hang out.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

It also can be the travel part if it. I know a lot of kids drive 2+ hours to be on the team or are from out of state and being housed. It might take a toll on them. OR they are burned out.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

can you elaborate...
well I don't know anything about the smoed team. so I cant speak on them..

but athletes on a worlds caliber team do get worn out and want a "life" outside of cheer at times. and sometimes it takes a few months or a season to realize how much they miss the sport or sometimes they never look back.

and in kyle's case he said it him self that he wasn't sure if he was ready to make the commitment it takes to be on smoed and honestly, I respect that.

same thing with me I don't want to join a team because I don't have the commitment why waste a team, coach, time, and money if im not committed 100% percent then im not doing the team. worlds caliber teams take a lot of commitments and sacrifices and sometimes athletes just don't want to do it for the moment and anymore.

I have heard an athlete say that once she gets all of her tumbling she is going to try something different...a L5 athlete at my last gym left because she had a higher tumbling level than what is allowed in cheer. Maybe sometimes athletes are ready for a new challenge.

Back