All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think what I don't understand is why people act like Smoed is the only tight-knit, family type team in the entire history of cheer? I'm sure there are tons of teams that are 'like family' and everyone is close and in it together? I dunno, sometimes it comes off like an explanation for random things that isn't exclusive to them alone.

I know many teams are close and like family, but can see how being on a popular reality show could bring them even closer together. They now do things like fly to England together to put on clinics, some actually live together, and they have to deal with both the positive and negative aspects that come from being on a reality show. To me this aspect makes them unique.

I have agreed up until this point with everyone that said "respect their privacy" "it's not our business" etc. if I make a decision for my child and I don't desire to explain them to anyone, I do not make a 10 min webisode about it. This is a bit much to me, if you want people to let it go and not ask questions then don't monopolize on the situation by making farewell Jenee Episodes. Every Episode of cheerleaders is followed with pages of conversation and speculation, this episode will get the same and no one should say "leave it alone" because they decided to make a deal about it 2 months after it happened. I also find it strange that they would tell us why brookee left (and I don't even know who that is) but won't over an explanation for Jenee, there is obviously something they don't want shared. I would be concerned as a parent about sending my child half way across the country alone to this program without knowing the truth about this situation.

heh, so now there's a getting pulled off vs getting asked to leave situation. parent wants a and b, coach expects c and d, which conflicts with a and b. "well my kid can't be here anymore" "well kid can be here unless c and d are met". kid stuck in the middle, and no one knows who really got the final say, even though it was probably just mutual. doesn't matter matter anyways, it done and over with. the sour ending shouldnt and won't over-shadow the good memories, or at least i dont think it should.

I think what I don't understand is why people act like Smoed is the only tight-knit, family type team in the entire history of cheer? I'm sure there are tons of teams that are 'like family' and everyone is close and in it together? I dunno, sometimes it comes off like an explanation for random things that isn't exclusive to them alone.

i dont think people think that, although it might seem like it, since its talked about the most and since there is a show about them. people can feel free to talk about other team's tight knit atmosphere, or not. and just because those teams arent talked about doesnt mean that people dont think of them as not being tight knit. a closed off team wont create chatter and a team that has a show where the episodes reach 250k views will, of course, create more chatter.

i don't think this is a fair assumption. madi does not say "jenee has left twice before this" she says that this has happened twice before. not necessarily saying she's left twice, possibly just the circumstances have occurred twice before.
It's a fair assumption from what I know.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Just when this issue had finally quieted down...

:enjoyshow:
It's all been said and time has passed so the wound is not so fresh. Not to mention SMOED won at Worlds despite Jenee's departure so there is no cause to place any blame in that respect. I think for most everybody it's in the past.

I have agreed up until this point with everyone that said "respect their privacy" "it's not our business" etc. if I make a decision for my child and I don't desire to explain them to anyone, I do not make a 10 min webisode about it. This is a bit much to me, if you want people to let it go and not ask questions then don't monopolize on the situation by making farewell Jenee Episodes. Every Episode of cheerleaders is followed with pages of conversation and speculation, this episode will get the same and no one should say "leave it alone" because they decided to make a deal about it 2 months after it happened. I also find it strange that they would tell us why brookee left (and I don't even know who that is) but won't over an explanation for Jenee, there is obviously something they don't want shared. I would be concerned as a parent about sending my child half way across the country alone to this program without knowing the truth about this situation.
Awesomeness TV decides what is in the episodes. I think it was a wise decision to wait till things simmered down to show this episode. The explanation was provided in the episode as to why she left. Her Mom pulled her from the program. Obviously she was unhappy with things at the gym. That's not so unusual. People leave gym's all the time. The timing suggests Jenee's Mom was upset at the time and unwilling to remain even one more day, otherwise she would have quit after NCA and not before.

And given the same circumstances they would likely feel the same as SMOED. No one is saying SMO'S are unique in their closeness. But when talking about feeling betrayed, their closeness plays a big part.

It's all been said and time has passed so the wound is not so fresh. Not to mention SMOED won at Worlds despite Jenee's departure so there is no cause to place any blame in that respect. I think for most everybody it's in the past.

I think you misunderstood me. I meant it more as "Wait, I thought we were all letting sleeping dogs lie?" Maybe it was my emoji... I am an emoji whore. :help:

I think you misunderstood me. I meant it more as "Wait, I thought we were all letting sleeping dogs lie?" Maybe it was my emoji... I am an emoji whore. :help:
And, I don't disagree. I was basically acknowledging that for most it's in the past. Then I further explained why I felt the issue is kind of a mute point. I was simply adding more in support of your statement. I think people have exhausted themselves on this topic (for the most part). We can hope anyway. I apologize if my post led you to believe I had an issue with your post. I did not.

This helps me understand a little more the randomness of a move to North Carolina, especially when it sounds like it wasn't J's decision to leave.
If my mom said to me "I'm sorry I had to pull you from your team and gym but pick any gym in the country and we can see if they have a spot for you" - I would pick my favourite (which is CEA, but insert your own dream gym where applicable).

Maybe this is all rubbish. But it leaves a partially satisfied explanation in my head.

Back