All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is the out of state count including kids on their second or third season (like Gabi)? At this point I don't even consider her out of state, she's moved her life there for the last two years, it's not "spending the year in Cali" anymore to me. Just my opinion.

I didn't even know who the new addition was until I went and checked cheerupdates. I don't even know who this Marci person is..lol feel like I should? I dunno is she a "cheerlebrity"?

I don't know but I find it a bit annoying. I doubt that he asks permission before posting all this stuff and I dunno bout yall but I'd be happy with just the actual cheer competition updates. I could do without the gossip...
however his 38.4k followers would probably disagree with this.

been tracking this since sunday, cause im nosey. and since the cat has been out of the bag for awhile i dont mind postin em now. :D

1.marci NC
2.tyler TX (boy)
3.adrian OH (boy)
4.angel GA
5.kenz CO
6.payton OR

7.gabi CA/FL (return)

8.ania CA
9.madi CA
10.jessica CA
11.jazzy CA (returner)
12.riley CA (returner)
13.malia CA (returner)
14.kk CA (returner)
15.lauren CA (returner)
16.kyle CA (returner) (boy)
17.og madi CA (returner)
18.angelina CA (returner)
19.chimmy CA (returner)
20.og payton CA (returner)

so they either overbooked an extra girl to make em battle it out over the next several months or there is no 4th boy ??

been tracking this since sunday, cause im nosey. and since the cat has been out of the bag for awhile i dont mind postin em now. :D

1.marci NC
2.tyler TX (boy)
3.adrian OH (boy)
4.angel GA
5.kenz CO
6.payton OR

7.gabi CA/FL (return)

8.ania CA
9.madi CA
10.jessica CA
11.jazzy CA (returner)
12.riley CA (returner)
13.malia CA (returner)
14.kk CA (returner)
15.lauren CA (returner)
17.og madi CA (returner)
19.chimmy CA (returner)

so they either overbooked an extra girl to make em battle it out over the next several months or there is no 4th boy ??

so weird not seeing Robert or Michael Eddie on there

1.marci NC
2.tyler TX (boy)
3.adrian OH (boy)
4.angel GA
5.kenz CO
6.payton OR

7.gabi CA/FL (return)

8.ania CA
9.madi CA
10.jessica CA
11.jazzy CA (returner)
12.riley CA (returner)
13.malia CA (returner)
14.kk CA (returner)
15.lauren CA (returner)
17.og madi CA (returner)
19.chimmy CA (returner)

Is it bad (of me or the team) that I saw this roster and immediately recognized one of the newbies by, "oh hey, she was on that team with the way-too-tiny uniforms." Sometimes I think I'm a pathological hater.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

You can think I'm wrong for saying this, but I'm honestly starting to think that some kids think that have to be on Smoed to be a world champion! It also annoys me because other gyms use mostly kids from their state or kids that have been at their gym for a while to win worlds! So I guess what I'm saying is... if Smoed used their own kids from the Ventura location would they have been back-back-back world champions? Also, why don't they use their own kids? They put out their emails for tryouts before worlds even starts!

They do use their own kids .. I know a few of those kids were in the program and just moved up to smoed this season. But I agree the number of out-of-staters is increasing every year, and there would be more room for their own homegrown kids without all that (would also be "easier" to make the team I think) But we'll have to see who lasts through the summer and makes it onto the mat though

I'm not really loving this growing trend of kids just going team to team of the same caliber as where they were. I highly doubt all these athletes were just so unhappy at their old programs and SMOED was the only other team they'd be content on. I feel like the is getting to be more of a status symbol than finding a gym that works for you. Again just my opinion. For some reason something just doesn't sit right with me.

They do use their own kids .. I know a few of those kids were in the program and just moved up to smoed this season. But I agree the number of out-of-staters is increasing every year, and there would be more room for their own homegrown kids without all that (would also be "easier" to make the team I think) But we'll have to see who lasts through the summer and makes it onto the mat though
I never said that they didn't use their own kids. I said they should use their own kids to complete the team! They should use the athletes they have at their program and groom those kids to be world champion athletes! I agree with everything else you said though.

I think I'm the only one who had no problem with athletes moving to be on teams to be competitive. But it does strike me as odd to move from a works contending team that maybe got 2nd place to a team that just won worlds. As if that is any indication that it will definitely happen again. Its the same sort of fallacy I see soccer players in big clubs make all the time. It seem more often than not to be about a team's noteriety than their worlds chances. That kinda of life change for that purpose seems rather unnecessary.

Back