All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3: Version 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you!!!! Bravo!! Finally someone gets the point I've been saying all day. It's fueling it, but that seems to go over some heads.

It won't help if the people that write in the "Cheerleader" thread on fb stop watching it... last week's episode has almost 130k views - I bet that not even 10k of those came from here. So how should "we" stop the other 120k people from watching the show?

The only people who are "committing" this act of "betrayal' are the coaches and the team mates. We have all said time and time again, this was not handled the way it should have been. Dylan is the real victim here. It doesn't have anything to do with the teammates anymore.

It won't help if the people that write in the "Cheerleader" thread on fb stop watching it... last week's episode has almost 130k views - I bet that not even 10k of those came from here. So how should "we" stop the other 120k people from watching the show?

Fierce Board and King are powerful!!!!

Well there seems to be a sense from reading the thread that "we" were instrumental in getting the apology and episode pulled. So if that's the case then there is power here right?

I'm not mad at anyone..maybe im the crazy one...this athlete left his team the week of their showcase...horrible...i would be so disappointed...this sport has gotten crazy since I retired from gym owning/coaching....kids aren't learning anything about commitment, dedication to their team, friends, etc...not happy pick up and move...someone else is better pick up and move...it isn't that easy when you get older....you can't just keep picking up and moving and not expect people to be disappointed in your actions...and if you care that much you wouldn't leave
It's a showcase that happened before the deadline to switch gyms arrived. Not a big competition in the middle of the season.

ETA: I worded this poorly and it comes off as I'm dissing J for last season, I'm not. All I mean is that he left before the deadline, before a competition, and because he was injured and unhappy about how the team's show was affecting his experience.. If I moved across the world to cheer at a program that didn't end up being what I thought it would be but I was given the opportunity to move to a different one without a show and without coaches involved in another show, I would have taken it too.

Last edited:
Agreed 3 time world champs can't handle this situation at a showcase. I have seen lessor teams do so with much more grace. It is a showcase, I have seen teams replace an athlete at worlds.

Couldnt agree more! If my stand alone team (we have no other levels feeding into it) can lose a base 9 sessions before competition, come up with an alternative and sort it all out im sure smoed will be just fine!

Time to pull up your big girl knickers smoed and get on with it!

Couldnt agree more! If my stand alone team (we have no other levels feeding into it) can lose a base 9 sessions before competition, come up with an alternative and sort it all out im sure smoed will be just fine!

I think the issue falls of the lines of they know that Dylan is a grate athlete and was a perfect fit for their team. However, I think its
safe to go ahead and say that they didn't think that an athlete would willingly leave on their own. It took them by a shock.

Last edited:
Most people understand what your point is alright. The difference is that @Kris isn't against people discussing the series. Whereas you seem to be against all discussion that isn't 100% positive.

We get that discussing it just raises the profile of the show and team. But we are still choosing to discuss it so please stop trying to make everyone stop expressing their opinions if they're not positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still missing the point. I am not against it as long as there as is an intention and purpose. Go back and read, that what I asked. As I stated you can do what you like, just as well as I can. Just like with the show, if you don't like what I am writing, don't read and respond.

Still missing the point. I am not against it as long as there as is an intention and purpose. Go back and read, that what I asked. As I stated you can do what you like, just as well as I can. Just like with the show, if you don't like what I am writing, don't read and respond.
I'm really not understanding the point you're trying to make either. I've read and re read. Usually, I don't even bother to do that much. But I'm really trying to understand you so please be more specific.

If you don't like something why do you keep putting energy into it? Maybe it's me. But I just do not get. What do you get out of it? What is your intention. I just personally don't have time to spend on things I do not like I can find plenty of things to do with my time. I think the solution is simple, but that's just me.
This specific thread is to talk about the show. Things we do and don't like about the show and a lot of other things that has to deal with the show. The way I'm picking this up and comprehending is that you your self aren't really understanding the sole purpose of this thread. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Preach. Cp16 team changed divisions, restructured the roster and the entire routine and put it on a competition floor 10 days later with a 5 day old routine and we are most assuredly NOT smoed. That shouldn't be anything a three time world champion team couldn't handle especially for their own showcase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My intentions and purposes for participating in this thread:
1. Because I can
2. The webseries and coach's social media behavior have made the sport of cheerleading look bad. Since my children participate in the sport it is bothersome to me.
3. Someone who I have known to be nothing but hard working, committed, respectful and an overall good kid was portrayed negatively by Smoed coaches and athletes on the show and on social media.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

If you don't like something why do you keep putting energy into it? Maybe it's me. But I just do not get. What do you get out of it? What is your intention. I just personally don't have time to spend on things I do not like I can find plenty of things to do with my time. I think the solution is simple, but that's just me.
We have the right to voice our opinions. This is a DISCUSSION board. To discuss things we do and do not like about cheer. We realize that problems are always going to be here. But at least bringing it to someone attention can make the sport better.

Back