All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3: Version 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Personally, I am interested in the industry that I have dedicated a significant amount of my family's time and money to. I have been interested in this show in that it represents a lot about the industry, both good and bad.

In this instance, what has been most interesting to me is how non athlete oriented the whole situation was. Program/coach pride seemed to trump ethical/appropriate behavior. I get that Cheer is a team sport, and that the needs of the team will sometimes be at odds with individual athlete. However, I don't believe that such extreme disrespect is ever warranted. Without the heart, effort and dedication of the athletes and their families, the industry would not be possible.

I firmly believe that it is the athlete and consumers right, and responsibility to participate in a program that works for them. Judging by various Cali Social Media accounts, there are a lot of team members who love the program and have been loyal to them for many years. That is a testament to what a good fit they are for so many people. They are a well respected and successful program. They aren't in danger of losing their status or success when someone leaves. Therefore, it is completely unnecessary to undermine the people who do.

So what has inspired such a widespread response to this situation? I can't speak for everyone, but I think that , in part, it has been the perception that SMOED was not at all gracious in its portrayal of an individual, based on the fact that he made the choice that their program was not a good fit for him. They have publicly been very free making the same assessment from their perspective, saying frequently that not everyone will work for their team. So it didn't sit well that they would behave punitively towards a kid who didn't like what was going on there.

This is something that is widely reflected in the industry as a whole. There seems to be a lot of politicizing that happens, that makes this sport less about competition, and athlete participation, and more about status, and perception and , dare I say, entitlement. That is why this situation stood out to me, and why I have opinions about it. Some of which, I choose to share on a public forum dedicated to discussing this sport.

On a side note:
I was impressed by Tannaz's apology. I was glad they pulled the airing of an inflammatory episode. I saw some flaws in the replacement episode. Yet, was less bothered by a 15 year old, who was subsequently taken out of the air as a flyer being emotional about a teammate leaving, then I was about an entire episode belittling an athlete's choice to leave. I also liked seeing Orby back to supporting who was there. Cali has so many reasons to count their blessings, and I think it's refreshing to see some of that.

This specific thread is to talk about the show. Things we do and don't like about the show and a lot of other things that has to deal with the show. The way I'm picking this up and comprehending is that you your self aren't really understanding the sole purpose of this thread. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We have the right to voice our opinions. This is a DISCUSSION board. To discuss things we do and do not like about cheer. We realize that problems are always going to be here. But at least bringing it to someone attention can make the sport better.

Thanks

I think the issue falls of the lines of they know that Dylan is a grate athlete and was a perfect fit for their team. However, I think its
safe to go ahead and say that they didn't think that an athlete would willingly leave on their own. It took them by a shock.

2udxaj9.jpg

This is emotionally/physically/mentally exhausting to think about and keep up with. And I'm not even personally involved with it. :banghead: Smoed, y'all are looking so salty right now that it's affecting my blood pressure.

I think Tannaz's apology statement was the right thing to do. I still applaud her or it. I hope it was followed up with some outlines of how athletes and coaches can and can't act when it comes to gym drama. I didn't hold onto much hope that nicer things were going to be said about Dylan in this episode though. These episodes are probably finished weeks in advanced before they are posted. So I think it might be a couple of weeks before we see any indication that shows the lesson was learned (if it was.) I'm not sure how much control Cali has over how the show is produced. I hope they decide to chose their words more carefully in future filming.

I truly hate reality television. It is exploitive and out-of-control. The more drama, the more viewers. I don't think anybody expects perfection out of CA or any cheer gym. They signed up for this, but they are still victims imo. Probably, the lesson to be learned is that cheerleading is interesting to people, but LIMIT the amount of exposure in this way. Fame has a huge price and I doubt anybody at California Allstars is getting rich in a way that makes this worth it.

Last edited:
I didn't read much so I'm sorry if this has been discussed: does anyone think that cali/tannaz/eddie or whoever has not only a contract but some sort of monetary agreement and that's what's keeping them? After all the bad publicity that's the only thing I could understand of why they have not canceled the show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aec2c2a545e0f601c20d4229e7778897.jpg
I'm glad Tannaz is trying to get this straightened out. Even if they are making money off of it, I think the show is doing more harm than good to California Allstars. I'd love to see the show go back to being more like the first season.

Central jersey was the ones to do it right... Such a great show and would love to follow patty Ann and team gunz again. Loved everything about the show very inspiring

Before realizing Tannaz hadn't planned on this episode- I was about to personally offer my services in media training/consulting to these kids. Dear goodness, I could have made millions. Phrasing is everything- insisting that somebody left at that time to 'break' you implies you're the center of their world. Hint- you're not.

I realized I went through a situation that mirrors Dylan's in a sense:
Almost this time last year, I started working with a woman who would become my acting manager. I was VERY excited about this opportunity- spent money on stuff for this new partnership, etc. She seemed very positive and upbeat with good connections, so I had high hopes that we could help each other on the path to success. I signed a 3 year contract (with an out clause).

Nary a month into our contract, she sends us all an email that 'A' had left the group. VERY unprofessional behavior from my manager followed via email. On my coaching call, she asked if I wanted to discuss it, I said no because it wasn't my business. She proceeded to completely bash this girl (and several others who had recently left), telling all sorts of lies and how they 'would never make it.' I was horrified. I didn't know what to do- this woman had proven to be extremely volatile. She admitted to attempting to sabotage these girls' careers by bad-mouthing them to other casting people.

I decided to end my contract (as I was allowed to do in my out clause), because this woman was TOXIC. I was miserable, I was stressed, I stopped eating. I decided to do it via email, as that way there was space and she couldn't resort to shouting at me. The moment I sent it- I got a call, a text, AND an email. I got another angry email a few hours later. She stopped responding to me shortly after- but I know she's stalking my career because she sent me a threatening email a few months back, trying to tell me I wasn't out of my contract.

Point is: I can understand not wanting a face-to-face meeting with someone who you know is going to try to tell you you're wrong, if you're afraid it might descend to a shouting match, or if you feel you might be ganged up on and standing all alone. Some people don't do well with that sort of in-person confrontation. And I'm talking about the receiver, not those leaving.

Back