All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Her profile says Cali All-Stars 2013-2015 so she's definitely been on a team in the past---pictures of her in a CA uniform from last season, but can't tell which CA uniform. Her online profiles seem to allude to her being on SMOED, but as a mom who is seriously tumbling stupid because I've never done it---even I could see that her tumbling wasn't where the other kids were and I don't even know what it's called that they're doing.

she was on plastix.

Her profile says Cali All-Stars 2013-2015 so she's definitely been on a team in the past---pictures of her in a CA uniform from last season, but can't tell which CA uniform. Her online profiles seem to allude to her being on SMOED, but as a mom who is seriously tumbling stupid because I've never done it---even I could see that her tumbling wasn't where the other kids were and I don't even know what it's called that they're doing.

However, since I just watched the two episodes back to back my simple thoughts are this...Abby Miller meet Eddy and Orby. Not that they shouldn't be excited to be coaches and not that they shouldn't proud of their 3 titles, but within the first minute of the first video I was sighing because it reminded me in the shift of personality in Dance Moms from 'Ohhh maybe we'll make a reality show out of this," to "I'm Abby Lee Miller and I am God." I 100% believe they are sweet guys who want the best for their kids, but I also 100% believe this season will be edited differently with more scripted scenes than we've ever seen before and unless I'm bored with nothing else to do, I probably won't be watching.

When I found Season 1 it was cool to watch, Season 2 was interesting because of some of the returners; like MichaelEddie, but Season 3 had already disappointed me and it's only episode 2.

As far as their recruiting goes, I can see the merit in it because obviously, they win; I'm just not sure what is going happen to that team, when they actually lose. Yes, everyone wants to be on SMOED because they're an elite team with a great reputation and they've won World's 3 times in a row, but what if they don't with 4 in a row? Or, what if they do, but the 5th is their fall from the reign? Will they still be that hot team that doesn't really need the athletes from their own gym? Probably not. And then what? It'll be after that happens, that those coaches will know whether or not they've gone in the right direction---until then, they'll continue to sit pretty as everyone begs to be considered.
Honestly, as long as you can recruit the best of the best like some NBA or NFL team in a sport where most programs are relying on drawing from the local community, you shouldn't ever lose. And, even if they did lose, I think, for many of these kids, the lure of "being on tv" is a big draw. I wonder how many kids would NOT consider SMOED if they didn't have the show...

I must apologize for my earlier post making fun of a young athlete--WaterGirl reference, I just think it will be even crueler for the Coaches to cut her and then bring her back again, to only cut her again at least cutting her this early, she may have time to enroll in school and take privates to work on cleaning up her tumbling for a year without the pressure-- When I watched Season 3 episode 1, I thought they gave Jessica age as 17, so I will think she has another year of eligibility...

Seriously. Jessica I am so sorry for telling a stupid joke and you are in pain!

Honestly, as long as you can recruit the best of the best like some NBA or NFL team in a sport where most programs are relying on drawing from the local community, you shouldn't ever lose. And, even if they did lose, I think, for many of these kids, the lure of "being on tv" is a big draw. I wonder how many kids would NOT consider SMOED if they didn't have the show...

I'd think so too. But this isn't the NFL and I highly doubt a few years from now the show will still be going on. It does beg the question about exposure though and whether that factors into the 'dream' team aspect of SMOED.

Back