All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know nothing, Jon Snow.

But I DO know- when your team/gym/life is in the middle of hot drama or trying to move away from it, you should be extra careful of how and what you post. If you JUST had a 'keep it classy' warning out, the last thing you need is ambiguous posting/behavior that might call your professionalism in question.

Between all this drama of people leaving, coaches going (for whatever reason they did) from other locations, and athlete/coach behavior on twitter, you're in the eye. This is not the time to risk it being a side-eye..

I know nothing, Jon Snow.

But I DO know- when your team/gym/life is in the middle of hot drama or trying to move away from it, you should be extra careful of how and what you post. If you JUST had a 'keep it classy' warning out, the last thing you need is ambiguous posting/behavior that might call your professionalism in question.

Between all this drama of people leaving, coaches going (for whatever reason they did) from other locations, and athlete/coach behavior on twitter, you're in the eye. This is not the time to risk it being a side-eye..
Extra points for the game of thrones reference

I like how she handled it. There are definitely flyers who have packed up and left gyms because they were moved to basing. Flying is not everything and I love how she's excited to learn to base
Question: (Admitting in advance I havent seen most recent show), but why are these talented flyers being moved to bases? Please don't tell me it's because they're 'too tall/big' now aka no longer tiny light pre-pubescent 14 olds?

Question: (Admitting in advance I havent seen most recent show), but why are these talented flyers being moved to bases? Please don't tell me it's because they're 'too tall/big' now aka no longer tiny light pre-pubescent 14 olds?
A lot of the time it's not that they are necessarily getting "too big" to fly, it's just as the seasoned vets get older, younger (aka smaller) girls join age up and join the team. These smaller girls aren't there to take flying spots away from seasoned girls, but they sometimes can be too small or too weak to base the 17/18 year old seasoned flyers.

Why else would a talented flyer be moved to a basing or backspot position? Girls who have been flying on a Worlds team since the age of 12 very often experience a growth spurt during their high school years, and when this happens, they're usually just too tall and/or heavy for elite level 5 skills even if they're in great shape. Some of these taller/bigger flyers are lucky enough to have beast bases who follow them up through their senior year, but that's rare. It's not the end of the world.

Why else would a talented flyer be moved to a basing or backspot position? Girls who have been flying on a Worlds team since the age of 12 very often experience a growth spurt during their high school years, and when this happens, they're usually just too tall and/or heavy for elite level 5 skills even if they're in great shape. Some of these taller/bigger flyers are lucky enough to have beast bases who follow them up through their senior year, but that's rare. It's not the end of the world.
To jump off of your point, sometimes it's a blessing in disguise to be moved into basing. Using M as an example, she'll now be an incredibly well rounded cheerleader that any college would be lucky to have. In fact, being able to base and fly elite skills + tumble, makes her one of the most valuable prospective college cheerleaders.

To jump off of your point, sometimes it's a blessing in disguise to be moved into basing. Using M as an example, she'll now be an incredibly well rounded cheerleader that any college would be lucky to have. In fact, being able to base and fly elite skills + tumble, makes her one of the most valuable prospective college cheerleaders.
You took the words right out of my mouth - being versatile is one of the best qualities in a cheerleader !

I think it great also that she has the chance to learn to back and base on a slighly lower level team before being chucked in the deep end when the time happens.

Also her attitude is great I am hoping people will use her as a role model and go maybe it isnt bad im not flying anymore instead of throwing their bows out of their pram

I think it great also that she has the chance to learn to back and base on a slighly lower level team before being chucked in the deep end when the time happens.

Also her attitude is great I am hoping people will use her as a role model and go maybe it isnt bad im not flying anymore instead of throwing their bows out of their pram
I would hardly call restricted 5 a lower level. I think she's doing an amazing job being chucked in in the deep end! Snaps for you M.

I would hardly call restricted 5 a lower level. I think she's doing an amazing job being chucked in in the deep end! Snaps for you M.

I said slightly because yes it is level 5 but best her learn on a restricted team where the stunts are a little easier then being chucked as a base next year with no prior experience of basing on smoed at least she is prepared and I give credit because she is doing a great job

Latest posts

Back