All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

couple weeks ago it was stated that season 3 would begin tomorrow... not so much anymore:

Perhaps AwesomenessTV is understaffed?

"Awesomeness TV is now looking for one lighting technician with refined video editing skills! Send resumes to [email protected] #AwesomenessTV #Tryouts"

I can't wrap my head around the fact that they still need to outsource athletes to fill-in spots on the team, like why? No one eligible from the first round of tryouts? I bet some of the athletes who were initially cut would accept the offer in a heart beat.

Also, coming from a program like the Stingray Allstars, why would being on SMOED be your "dream"? Especially if you've been on a team like Orange (2011-2012 season). I just don't get the "dream obsession" with SMOED. There are a dozen teams I can name at the top of my head that have performed just as well as (if not, even better than) SMOED in the past few seasons. From what I understand Angel Rice is in California for power tumbling, but that reason is wearing a little thin now.

Perhaps AwesomenessTV is understaffed?

"Awesomeness TV is now looking for one lighting technician with refined video editing skills! Send resumes to [email protected] #AwesomenessTV #Tryouts"

I can't wrap my head around the fact that they still need to outsource athletes to fill-in spots on the team, like why? No one eligible from the first round of tryouts? I bet some of the athletes who were initially cut would accept the offer in a heart beat.

Also, coming from a program like the Stingray Allstars, why would being on SMOED be your "dream"? Especially if you've been on a team like Orange (2011-2012 season). I just don't get the "dream obsession" with SMOED. There are a dozen teams I can name at the top of my head that have performed just as well as (if not, even better than) SMOED in the past few seasons. From what I understand Angel Rice is in California for power tumbling, but that reason is wearing a little thin now.
But it's not really anyone's business as to why she or anyone else is flying in to be on the team. There could be a lot of factors/reasons. They don't have to explain why. They're probably 14-18 years old & they're parents are letting them do something they feel passionate about.
It's been the same discussion the past two years, just different people. Lol

But it's not really anyone's business as to why she or anyone else is flying in to be on the team. There could be a lot of factors/reasons. They don't have to explain why. They're probably 14-18 years old & they're parents are letting them do something they feel passionate about.
It's been the same discussion the past two years, just different people. Lol

I'm not just directing the question to her, but to all..... why SMOED over other "winning" teams? What's the appeal? Especially if you know how brutal practices are and how easy it is to be cut. I kinda wish Awesomeness TV would ask questions like these, I would like to know what drives their desire to want to be on SMOED.

I suppose I want to know more than I should, it's probably unhealthy but I can't help myself.

Last edited:
i would say that the majority of these kids coming in arent doing it for the fact that its their dream team (some yes, others not so sure), its clearly a challenge to even finish the season and still be on the team. i honestly think the kids are doing it solely for the challenge of being able to say they survived a season on smoed. i dont know much about the angel rice situation, but i wonder if she choose power tumbling in cali specifically so she could have the chance to be on smoed, considering all the rumors that happened a while ago when they announced before tryouts that she was on the team.

Wow - they are implying that Angel can't handle their practice in the video.

That does not reflect well on her old gym - I also kind of find it hard to believe :/. Eesh.

this show is so fake it almost hurts me. That conditioning looks hard but it doesnt look like anything she cant handle...

Wow - they are implying that Angel can't handle their practice in the video.

That does not reflect well on her old gym - I also kind of find it hard to believe :/. Eesh.
I also find it hard to believe that a junior Olympic power tumbler who has done both sports for years is now wore out by Smoeds conditioning...

in this video from earlier this year she stated that she did 4 hours of tumbling and ran 5 miles 3-4 days per week:

just because one is well conditioned for one activity doesn't mean that they will be well conditioned for another activity, in this case smoed's conditioning calisthenics. a lot more muscles that may not have been used as much as before may now be used a lot more, and that creates fatigue and pain in those parts of the body that may not have been as conditioned as well as one thought that they were.

this show is so fake it almost hurts me. That conditioning looks hard but it doesnt look like anything she cant handle...

they don't even show anything. in past episodes they have shown but just a fraction of what they really do; mostly bear crawls and planks.

What muscles could she not be using as a power tumbler and cheerleader? I just think they were trying to make it interesting. There's no way I'm buying that.

im not saying the muscles were not used, im saying they may not have been used to such an extent and for such a persistent amount of time. persistent calisthenics isnt the same as burts of tumbling when it comes to muscle use, and that includes the heart and the resulting increased use of the pulmonary system (gas exchange).

Back