All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So, I tried to post this in the other thread about Gabi, but it got closed. Posting it here, because I'm genuinely curious why a) we can talk about minors all we want but love to tell other people they can't, and b) why is Gabi, who no longer cheers on smoed, deemed a topic that can only be discussed in this thread where there are people (like me) who want to talk about this show... And not where people have moved? (although, to be fair, it does seem like the only thing to discuss with smoed is where people move, because they do seem to have some difficulty keeping their athletes)

We're already talking about it for pages and pages... But it's frowned upon?

Oh... OK. :confused:

This is a tad hypocritical, no? *WE* can talk about whatever we want, including pages and pages of talk about a minor (I mean, come on, we talk about Gabi Butler ad nauseum on here, and to my knowledge she's been a minor the entire time), but if you're new, it's "frowned upon."
I get so tired of seeing newbies (I don't even know if the op is a newbie, but usually this is directed at newbies) get scolded for talking about minors, but I've read that ENTIRE cheerleaders season 3 thread and no one has said anything about her being a minor and that we shouldn't be discussing her.

Lastly... Actually, Gabi being at Gymtyme has nothing to do with Smoed's show. I'm not even a tiny bit interested in where Gabi is cheering now, and I wish that whole convo *would* be moved over to a new thread, so people can talk about smoed in the smoed thread.

Eta if anything, shouldn't the posts about gabi's new gym have been moved to the Gabi thread, rather than kept here? Because the show is not about Gymtyme, and this thread is about the show, right?

I didn't lock that thread - though I probably would have if only because it's duplicating discussion that already exists in this thread.

That being said, I think there's a difference between discussing Gabi's move in this thread - where it's relevant in light of the recent episode, and starting a new thread specifically to talk about an athlete moving.

I didn't lock that thread - though I probably would have if only because it's duplicating discussion that already exists in this thread.

That being said, I think there's a difference between discussing Gabi's move in this thread - where it's relevant in light of the recent episode, and starting a new thread specifically to talk about an athlete moving.

Except she's a minor no matter where it's discussed... :confused:

That's actually my issue. I don't care which thread y'all use, really. But stop telling people that they can't discuss minors, and then *in the same sentence*, refer them to the thread where we are already discussing it.

"Oh, you can't really talk about that, it's frowned upon. Besides we've already been talking about it for days... Here's the link." <-----This makes no sense.

Except she's a minor no matter where it's discussed... :confused:

That's actually my issue. I don't care which thread y'all use, really. But stop telling people that they can't discuss minors, and then *in the same sentence*, refer them to the thread where we are already discussing it.

"Oh, you can't really talk about that, it's frowned upon. Besides we've already been talking about it for days... Here's the link." <-----This makes no sense.

How many mods are saying that though? I've seen lots of other users say "we don't discuss minors" but I haven't seen a lot of mods or admins popping up in threads to remind newbies of the same. It's more of a guideline that we try and follow rather than a hard and fast rule. Especially with twitter and instagram and everyone and their mom trying to make themselves into cheerlebrities, it's incredibly difficult to keep discussion off the boards.

That being said Gabi was part of a reality show. She's been in countless magazines and has put herself in the spotlight. She even has her own Facebook fan page. It's not the same as random Patty Panther's drama being discussed on the board when she's never done anything to put herself in the spotlight other than being on a famous team.

Last edited:
The 'not discussing a minor' thing was started to protect those that haven't willfully thrown themselves in the spotlight to be discusses on social media. It is NOT a perfect rule by any means, but has given us the ability to steer conversations in better directions or raise the level of discourse. If someone is an actual cheerlebrity (so has a high profile social media account or show or makes money in some way because of their fame) I think they have forfeited their right to have this protection on here (it is not like it exists anywhere else).

I may be wrong, but it was my understanding that @Just-a-Mom didn't have an objection to the minor being discussed but was saying the same people that are discussing a particular athlete are all over a poster telling them not to discuss the same exact athlete in a new thread. I can agree with her completely - people are quick to jump all over a poster for doing the same exact thing they are currently doing in a different thread.

The thread was just redundant. It was locked because its already being discussed over here.

How many mods are saying that though?

The person I quoted wasn't a mod, so I obviously wasn't talking about mods. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy (not just from that post, I see it all the time) of people who say this, and then go on to talk about said minor.

(Eta - just to add though, mods have said that minors are not to be discussed plenty of times.)

The only comment I made with regards to mods was that the topic could have stayed over there. It's here now, so let's spend 10 more pages talking about whether Gabi is spending enough time with her family.

When a minor is on a popular reality show people are naturally going to discuss the minor. With that said, discussions should be kept positive since they are about a minor.

To clarify, I have no problem with discussing people who choose to put themselves in the spotlight, minor or not. This includes all of the "cheerlebs" we talk about. Gabi is included in this. You'll notice I have never, in thousands of posts, said we shouldn't talk about minors. Usually I'm the one saying, "Uh... She chose this life."

I just get tired of seeing people say that it's frowned upon... when it's obviously not. If it was so frowned upon, this thread would have died long ago.

I agree with about keeping it positive (not calling someone fat, a slut, or even just talking about their horrible tumbling), but I think that should apply to everyone, not just minors. It'd be cool if we just wouldn't talk about anyone that way.

I may be wrong, but it was my understanding that @Just-a-Mom didn't have an objection to the minor being discussed but was saying the same people that are discussing a particular athlete are all over a poster telling them not to discuss the same exact athlete in a new thread. I can agree with her completely - people are quick to jump all over a poster for doing the same exact thing they are currently doing in a different thread.

Ugh... I should have just quoted you.

Lol disregard my post and read this one. :D

Fair enough, I thought you were implying that mods were telling newbies they couldn't talk about minors while allowing others to do so. I haven't seen MyNameIsConnorC contribute to this discussion though, so I'm not sure there's any hypocrisy with him.

I am, however, much more wary of a newbie coming in here and starting a thread to talk about the comings and going of Suzie Cheerlebrity than veteran posters discussing an athlete moving to a new gym in a thread about the show she was a part of, especially since the episode about her leaving just aired. Is that fair? Maybe not, but at least we know more about the intent of veteran posters.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I thought you were implying that mods were telling newbies they couldn't talk about minors while allowing others to do so. I haven't seen MyNameIsConnorC contribute to this discussion though, so I'm not sure there's any hypocrisy with him.

I am, however, much more wary of a newbie coming in here and starting a thread to talk about the comings and going of Suzie Cheerlebrity than veteran posters discussing an athlete moving to a new gym in a thread about the show she was a part of, especially since the episode about her leaving just aired. Is that fair? Maybe not, but at least we know more about the intent of veteran posters.

Truth.

I really was using his post as a jumping off point - I don't know him to be much of a "minor discusser" lol. Hope he's not feeling too maligned! :oops:

And YEEEEEESSSS to your 2nd paragraph. Definitely a fair point to you. All the yesses to veterans having more clear intents (and usually more innocent intents, accompanied by more knowledge of the facts) and newbies being suspect, merely because we just don't know them. (and historically they do sometimes post just to stir the pot and then vanish)

Truth.

I really was using his post as a jumping off point - I don't know him to be much of a "minor discusser" lol. Hope he's not feeling too maligned! :oops:

And YEEEEEESSSS to your 2nd paragraph. Definitely a fair point to you. All the yesses to veterans having more clear intents (and usually more innocent intents, accompanied by more knowledge of the facts) and newbies being suspect, merely because we just don't know them. (and historically they do sometimes post just to stir the pot and then vanish)

If you see a user do that, please call them out or let a mod/admin know.

When a minor is on a popular reality show people are naturally going to discuss the minor. With that said, discussions should be kept positive since they are about a minor.
I don't disagree at all, but I think when anyone regardless of their age puts themselves out there in a way such as Gabi has, criticism is going to happen. I think you can have a critical discussion without being nasty.

Latest posts

Back