All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Truth.

I really was using his post as a jumping off point - I don't know him to be much of a "minor discusser" lol. Hope he's not feeling too maligned! :oops:

And YEEEEEESSSS to your 2nd paragraph. Definitely a fair point to you. All the yesses to veterans having more clear intents (and usually more innocent intents, accompanied by more knowledge of the facts) and newbies being suspect, merely because we just don't know them. (and historically they do sometimes post just to stir the pot and then vanish)
I do agree a lot with what you've said..

Personally, I avoid the discussion when possible (or try to, anyway), but when they've been on this show and we're in the thread and it's in reference to things they're doing, I tend to be a bit more open. Am I doing a TOUCH of side-eye at the amount of 'controversy' this poor girl seems to carry? (Leaving to Trinity, switching to Smoed instead because it was "hardcore", etc etc) Seems like it's hard to find a good 'home.' I wonder how Gymtyme feels about this new show?

TO THE SHOW: Angel mentions that when she moved to Cali school was a major consideration....yet she's homeschooling? She could have done that anywhere, couldn't she?

I'm laughing so hard at the fact that she alluded to being on GT in the last 3 days. Maybe it was unintentional. Lol

I really don't have issues with us discussing the basics of the show, since they chose to be on it. But I do feel that the show should be a little more careful about some of the info that they give out. There is no reason that we need to know the name of the highschool that many of the team go to. It creeped me out.

On the show she is, right after she mentioned part of the reason she moved (or at least a major consideration) was school. I don't know if she did regular school in GA, but unless home-schooling curriculum is bound by state law, I don't get it.

I thought she said "education", and I thought she meant education as in her power tumbling training?

I could be wrong lol.

Just to clarify..in the other thread that someone else started I said that it was being discussed in another thread but did not say anything about minors.

It looks like another ' retired ' cheerleader may be coming onto a Gymtyme team as well..if this is true, I wonder what their reasoning is. Gymtyme is obviously a fantastic program, but I'm curious as to why they picked that specific fantastic program.

I thought she said "education", and I thought she meant education as in her power tumbling training?

I could be wrong lol.
The way it's worded is really weird.

Ania's mom (I think? Just went back to re-watch that part) said that part of her mother's reason for coming to Cali was her education. That her focus had been harder on tumbling in the past and that she wanted to make sure she was getting a proper education before taking that next step. They combined it with video of her tumbling.

I would have thought she would have said 'training' if she was talking about tumbling vs. education which implies school. Poor choice of words perhaps..otherwise I'm just really confused by it lol.

The way it's worded is really weird.

Ania's mom (I think? Just went back to re-watch that part) said that part of her mother's reason for coming to Cali was her education. That her focus had been harder on tumbling in the past and that she wanted to make sure she was getting a proper education before taking that next step. They combined it with video of her tumbling.

I would have thought she would have said 'training' if she was talking about tumbling vs. education which implies school. Poor choice of words perhaps..otherwise I'm just really confused by it lol.

Me too. Just watched it and I assumed she meant an education...as in school...because she was talking about how the expectation was for her to do 4-5 hours of school a day. Maybe they feel that home school will be a better education than public school?[/QUOTE]

I thought I read that the power tumbling facility is near Smoed? I thought that was one of the reasons why they made the move.

Angel's mom coaches power tumbling but maybe she wanted someone other than herself to coach her daughter. She has obviously done very well up until now. I mean Angel's pass last year got mega attention.

My confusion stems from the fact Gabi, Angel and the young lady from SSX that joined SMOED this year all came from good gyms/teams. These young ladies are uber talented and could certainly obtain a college scholarship without having to move while still in high school. I'm not quite sure of the intentions here and it's certainly none of my business BUT they do put themselves out there.

Angel's mom coaches power tumbling but maybe she wanted someone other than herself to coach her daughter. She has obviously done very well up until now. I mean Angel's pass last year got mega attention.

My confusion stems from the fact Gabi, Angel and the young lady from SSX that joined SMOED this year all came from good gyms/teams. These young ladies are uber talented and could certainly obtain a college scholarship without having to move while still in high school. I'm not quite sure of the intentions here and it's certainly none of my business BUT they do put themselves out there.

I completely agree.

I left out the most important part in my comment- I thought the move involved a power tumbling facility for the Olympic hopefuls for the exhibition in 2016.

Last edited:
I typically don't comment on these type things - but I really hope when these girls/guys are older and have to look back, that they don't regret the decisions they made for cheer. Maybe I am naive to think that high school memories mixed with just enjoying being a teenager, and enjoying those years doing typical teenage things are a thing of the past. My children are young adults/college age and I know they have fond memories of homecomings, friday night football - prom, high school sports - hanging with friends.. My daughter also enjoyed allstars for 11 years, which she wouldn't trade- mixed with growing up and graduating HS with friends she has known her whole life. It is all about balance :) Just my opinion. Sorry for the hijack.

Back