All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't like how they talked badly about him either. They could have left out some of that stuff that was said, like "I knew he wouldn't make it" :(.

Their tumbling is soooo good. Dang.

Harsh things for a coach to say about an athlete. "I knew he was never going to make it" Seriously?
I'm sorry but i never buy the whole "im feeling home sick" excuse. I don't understand why some athletes need to beat around the bush in order to leave. Tyler seems like he was struggling a lot, and he knew it. Either eventually he was going to get replace (by the way orby talks) or was better off just leaving.

I'm sorry but i never buy the whole "im feeling home sick" excuse. I don't understand why some athletes need to beat around the bush in order to leave. Tyler seems like he was struggling a lot, and he knew it. Either eventually he was going to get replace (by the way orby talks) or was better off just leaving.
Ok so a 17/18 year old packs up his life moves across the country and what they are supposed to not be homesick. Just because some of the athletes can handle it doesn't mean they all can. If it was my kid I wouldn't expect him to have to explain. He doesn't want to be there anymore that's it. Done. Come home. Also I doubt he was struggling. He came from T&S well used to tough practices and what is expected of him.

Ok so a 17/18 year old packs up his life moves across the country and what they are supposed to not be homesick. Just because some of the athletes can handle it doesn't mean they all can. If it was my kid I wouldn't expect him to have to explain. He doesn't want to be there anymore that's it. Done. Come home. Also I doubt he was struggling. He came from T&S well used to tough practices and what is expected of him.
:deathdrop:

Harsh things for a coach to say about an athlete. "I knew he was never going to make it" Seriously?
I agree. That's the kind of comment you usually hear from a disappointed teammate, not a coach. If he knew Tyler wasn't going to make it, why did he place him on the Smoed anyways?
Also, it's hard to be successful on a team when your own coach "knows" you won't be... Doesn't do a lot for one's confidence.

So you have packed up and left home like he did at a relatively young age?

ETA: only asking because I'm curious about the personal experience factor. Wondering if one of those scenarios where people with no kids have all the answers and insist on telling those who are parents how to do it.

Last edited:

He doesn't need to explain why he wants to go home but the right thing for him to do was to at least tell the coaches he was quitting and going back home. To just leave and not tell them and to let the coaches know through "the grapevine" is kind of immature. He at least owed eddy, Orby, and the team a "letter of resignation" IMO.

He doesn't need to explain why he wants to go home but the right thing for him to do was to at least tell the coaches he was quitting and going back home. To just leave and not tell them and to let the coaches know through "the grapevine" is kind of immature. He at least owed eddy, Orby, and the team a "letter of resignation" IMO.
Im sorry but not one part of me believes it happened that way!

If he was homesick and wanted to go home, I don't think any less of him at all. Smoed coaches have to know that is a risk that they take when they bring on these out of town kids.

I just think they didn't need to say/include the footage where the coaches implied he went home because he couldn't cut it athletic-wise. I hardly doubt that was the case from the shots they showed of his tumbling - he certainly looked like he was in top notch condition to me.

So you have packed up and left home like he did at a relatively young age?
I did at a younger age actually. I was 16 when i left home to move out of the country. I wont go into more details though. Although I understand we are not all cut from the same branch i feel that when you are 17/18 at least have the maturity to let the coaches know why you are leaving. There is really no explanation needed.

I did at a younger age actually. I was 16 when i left home to move out of the country. I wont go into more details though. Although I understand we are not all cut from the same branch i feel that when you are 17/18 at least have the maturity to let the coaches know why you are leaving. There is really no explanation needed.

We don't have the story here though. What Orby might have meant was that he heard from teammates that he wanted to go home and hopefully they had a talk before he left..

Thank you. Yes at that age a person should be able to tell an adult/coach what is going on and you are right, everyone is different. My non-cp would most likely be very homesick moving away and she is in college. My cp, not so much. He could go 1,200 miles away and not have much issue with being homesick. I'm also guessing it always has to do with the circumstances and support you have for the reasons being away from home.

Back