All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Angel's mom coaches power tumbling but maybe she wanted someone other than herself to coach her daughter. She has obviously done very well up until now. I mean Angel's pass last year got mega attention.

My confusion stems from the fact Gabi, Angel and the young lady from SSX that joined SMOED this year all came from good gyms/teams. These young ladies are uber talented and could certainly obtain a college scholarship without having to move while still in high school. I'm not quite sure of the intentions here and it's certainly none of my business BUT they do put themselves out there.

Her mom is a tumble coach but Angel has been working with a power tumbling coach for years. From what I knew, Angel went to Cali for the tumbling training but that clip about her going for "education" confuses me. Especially considering she's home schooled.

That's the million dollar question. Was there concern she wouldn't make TGLC? Or did they blow up a bridge before they left? We may never know...
When she left there was still an older sister at Top Gun wasn't there? The bridge seems to still be there and in tact.

LOVE the make-overs! I love Kitty Carter critiques and the first couple of episodes where they pick who makes it into training camp. Wish they'd actually show better views of them dancing though - it's so hard to tell who is good and who isn't from the different angles and all the editing. Love the show though - I look forward to it every fall!

The one girl who was blonde that was made over into a brunette wasn't very happy. I actually agreed with her. I liked her much better as a blonde.

I just want to know where the money tree is for all these athlete families? I save all year so I can fly to my "vacation spot of choice" each summer but these kids fly around the country every weekend. I don't care what kind of deal you are getting. That's expensive!

She also might not be flying every weekend. Many open teams will allow fly-ins that come up once a month or so. That's still not cheap, but it's cheaper. I don't know that GymTyme has a shortage of talent that they need to allow a once-a-month fly in though.

When she left there was still an older sister at Top Gun wasn't there? The bridge seems to still be there and in tact.

Her older sister cheered at Top Gun up until last season at least. I'm not sure if she still is. Gabi was on TGLC before she left. I have "heard" she had some issues, but am not privvy to those details.

Can major events not happen when I'm out Christmas shopping ;p Seriously...

Just kidding. I'm happy for Gabi. In this season of Cheerleaders she has repeatedly appeared miserable. Maybe it's because of the program (If I had to put my lottery ticket, well, it's go there), maybe it was the family distance thing, maybe it was a whole bunch of little stuff to make a big thing...either way, I'm happy that she's back home and cheering on the weekends. Cheerleading is definitely her passion and now she gets the best of both worlds.

I used to live not far from Louisville and my trip to Orlando was about 90 minutes, figure she's going to Miami so 2 hours. It's not terrible---I personally wouldn't want to foot the bill, but it's not a horrible flight. Just long enough for a nap and the time change isn't such a big deal that you get jet lagged.

I say good for her...as for SMOED, well, I'll let the conspiracy theorists work because something is definitely different this year.

I will say this though, and it's come from multiple people---ever consider that some of these kids aren't actually ring chasers? Dylan has made it clear he wants a world's ring (his own FB), we know Gabi came to SMOED with the intent of getting one (her own words); but for those kids who have them, maybe they just want to be at a program they like better or feel more appreciative or fit with their current lifestyle better. While I do think *some* kids are chasing a ring, once they have a few I don't think it's about the ring anymore and more about the team they're on and what they're then willing to put up with.

To be honest I am totally confused by this situation both from a cheerleading perspective but also one of a parent. Gabi seems like a very happy, smart, hardworking kid and her parents obviously love her but I am worried about her in terms of her fear to go into new situations like going to school. I understand the first day is always difficult and different but it seems that she was overly anxious and I wonder if putting too much emphasis on cheerleading has changed her ability to cope? What is she going to do when cheerleading ends and she heads to college? She can't be in all star forever so I wonder how difficult it is going to be to cope with new situations outside of cheerleading? That being said even though I am a parent my son is not even 2 yet so I don't know how I would deal with a kid who is so exceptionally talented. It seems her parents see that and that's why they enrolled her in school but it still concerns me.

Of course she was overly anxious, she hasn't been to regular school in five years, my cp was freaking out the first day of middle school and she knew the kids going to school with her, we know a few kids that went back to regular school after years of homeschooling and it has been a very stressful situation for most, but I'm happy to say they all adjusted after a few weeks.

Can major events not happen when I'm out Christmas shopping ;p Seriously...

Just kidding. I'm happy for Gabi. In this season of Cheerleaders she has repeatedly appeared miserable. Maybe it's because of the program (If I had to put my lottery ticket, well, it's go there), maybe it was the family distance thing, maybe it was a whole bunch of little stuff to make a big thing...either way, I'm happy that she's back home and cheering on the weekends. Cheerleading is definitely her passion and now she gets the best of both worlds.

I used to live not far from Louisville and my trip to Orlando was about 90 minutes, figure she's going to Miami so 2 hours. It's not terrible---I personally wouldn't want to foot the bill, but it's not a horrible flight. Just long enough for a nap and the time change isn't such a big deal that you get jet lagged.

I say good for her...as for SMOED, well, I'll let the conspiracy theorists work because something is definitely different this year.

I will say this though, and it's come from multiple people---ever consider that some of these kids aren't actually ring chasers? Dylan has made it clear he wants a world's ring (his own FB), we know Gabi came to SMOED with the intent of getting one (her own words); but for those kids who have them, maybe they just want to be at a program they like better or feel more appreciative or fit with their current lifestyle better. While I do think *some* kids are chasing a ring, once they have a few I don't think it's about the ring anymore and more about the team they're on and what they're then willing to put up with.
Besides Tyler since he left, do any of the fly-ins have a ring already? I haven't been watching the show too much so I don't know all the new people, but I can't think of anyone who does. Not really directed at you, just something I thought about after reading your post.

Besides Tyler since he left, do any of the fly-ins have a ring already? I haven't been watching the show too much so I don't know all the new people, but I can't think of anyone who does. Not really directed at you, just something I thought about after reading your post.

Angel has one from Orange I believe.

To be honest I am totally confused by this situation both from a cheerleading perspective but also one of a parent. Gabi seems like a very happy, smart, hardworking kid and her parents obviously love her but I am worried about her in terms of her fear to go into new situations like going to school. I understand the first day is always difficult and different but it seems that she was overly anxious and I wonder if putting too much emphasis on cheerleading has changed her ability to cope? What is she going to do when cheerleading ends and she heads to college? She can't be in all star forever so I wonder how difficult it is going to be to cope with new situations outside of cheerleading? That being said even though I am a parent my son is not even 2 yet so I don't know how I would deal with a kid who is so exceptionally talented. It seems her parents see that and that's why they enrolled her in school but it still concerns me.
Maybe going to GymTyme has something to do with that? They work closely with University of Louisville, so she would already know some people and the town/campus if she decides to attend college there.

It could have easily changed, but I have read she wants to go to Baylor for their acrobatics and tumbling.

I'm going to make a statement. This sport is becoming corrupt. Essentially any high profile athlete can just shop for a gym that fits their needs. Doesnt win a ring at gym A? No worries gym B will put me on their premier team. Or, gym C's coach wasn't nice so I'm gonna move across the country for gym D. What other sport does that? I could compare it to pro sports but those are contracted players. But as for the amateur level, what about college athletes? A football player can't say I didn't win so and so bowl game so let me just transfer. We don't see kids moving across the country for travel soccer or baseball. There is something about these cross country gym hopper situations that do not sit well with me. Just some food for thought.

Back