All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The whole thing seems calculated all along. My understanding of it is, left TGLC bc wasn't point for another gym, then went to SMOED to be point(and opportunity to cheer with her idol - which can't blame her on that one) and I'm sure to be on the show, now hearing she's going to be doing her own YouTube show? Which obviously she wouldn't of been able to do at Smoed as they already have a show - so had to find a gym that wanted to be part of the spinoff and took one of the most popular smoed boys with her which of course makes complete sense as makes the spin off more interesting and attractive audience wise. The whole guessing games she plays on social media. I mean come on, seems very calculated and chasing fame/attention/money in my opinion. Chasing cheer opportunities? All of the above? Amazing to be able to experience competing with top programs in the country - but at this point I really wonder her true motives

Last edited:
The whole thing seems calculated all along. My understanding of it is, left TGLC bc wasn't point for another gym, then went to SMOED to be point(and opportunity to cheer with her idol - which can't blame her on that one) and I'm sure to be on the show, now hearing she's going to be doing her own YouTube show? Which obviously she wouldn't of been able to do at Smoed as they already have a show - so had to find a gym that wanted to be part of the spinoff and took one of the most popular smoed boys with her which of course makes complete sense as makes the spin off more interesting and attractive audience wise. The whole guessing games she plays on social media. I mean come on, seems very calculated and chasing fame/attention/money in my opinion. Chasing cheer opportunities? All of the above? Amazing to be able to experience competing with top programs in the country - but at this point I really wonder her true motives
From the looks of the video(and I don't want to perpetuate anything about her just stating some facts I saw) it looked like Madi was point at the practices leading up to camp and at camp so that could possibly have factored into her decision. It also may not have and she chose to leave for completely different reasons but from what I saw she was no longer point.

You're forgetting that she went to Trinity in the middle. From what I understand, she did not leave TGLC under good terms but I highly doubt it was because she wasn't point. That doesn't seem like enough of a reason to cause so much turmoil.

As for the rest, I doubt it was that calculating. She's been chosen by The Cheerleader Magazine to be a rep this year, and from what it looks like, that is who she is filming with.

Trinity was 'other gym' I mentioned - apologies didn't by name. I don't know if this is true but heard one of reasons she left is bc became injured and lost point to Megan Glisson?
Regarding filming w Cheerleader Mag(vs her own show whatever she's alluded to etc) sounds like could be very positive for bringing the sport of cheer more recognition and filming at/ highlighting another a great gym very positive for the sport.

Gabi has amazing body positions in the air - that's like her thing and why she's so well known - I could see why she would feel she deserves to be point on a smaller team, but TGLC has like 12+ flyers who got to be top notch atheletes - how could it upset anyone to not be point on a team like that? Even on a small team though, it just doesn't seem like it would be a good enough reason to leave a program. Why when flyers leave do people go right to the assumption that it was because they weren't point? When tumblers leave is it because they weren't lass pass? ;)

she never started off as point on smoed..? I'm pretty sure she wasn't point until NCA actually..

From the looks of the video(and I don't want to perpetuate anything about her just stating some facts I saw) it looked like Madi was point at the practices leading up to camp and at camp so that could possibly have factored into her decision. It also may not have and she chose to leave for completely different reasons but from what I saw she was no longer point.
Just because we saw that she wasn't point doesn't really mean anything. Im pretty sure the other flyer (not using name) to the left of center has a straight leg scorpion as well, so that also could've been a reason why. But we'll most likely never know, unless someone on the team tells us lol. We're going to have 20 pages of theories before the next episode even gets here.! Haha

Every time we talk about moving for cheerleading, people bring up all these other sports to point out that people move for them too. Hockey, soccer, gymnastics... Yes, people move for all of these. But those sports have Olympic and professional options! If you are the best, there is the possibility of becoming extreeeeeemely successful in those sports - and extremely well paid. The chances are small, but the possibility is still there.
Cheerleading does not have this. THIS is what confuses me. What is the end goal of all this moving? I keep seeing people say it's to be on their "dream team" - which I get, I guess, but I really only get it if you DON'T live somewhere that already has that caliber of team.

Just my 2 cents - if this were anyone other than a cheerlebrity, on their FOURTH gym in THREE seasons, no one would be saying, "Well, I'm sure she's just looking for the right fit!" You would all be saying, "4 gyms in 3 years? The common factor here is YOU... Maybe you're the problem." I don't know gabi, nor do I really know anything about her - she seems like a nice enough kid. This is more to say that maybe some other "gym hoppers" you may know locally are also nice kids. Maybe we should be less quick to judge - maybe other people are also looking for "the right fit," just on a smaller stage. Cheerlebrities are not the only "nice kids" looking for the right gym.

Every time we talk about moving for cheerleading, people bring up all these other sports to point out that people move for them too. Hockey, soccer, gymnastics... Yes, people move for all of these. But those sports have Olympic and professional options! If you are the best, there is the possibility of becoming extreeeeeemely successful in those sports - and extremely well paid. The chances are small, but the possibility is still there.
Cheerleading does not have this. THIS is what confuses me. What is the end goal of all this moving? I keep seeing people say it's to be on their "dream team" - which I get, I guess, but I really only get it if you DON'T live somewhere that already has that caliber of team.

Just my 2 cents - if this were anyone other than a cheerlebrity, on their FOURTH gym in THREE seasons, no one would be saying, "Well, I'm sure she's just looking for the right fit!" You would all be saying, "4 gyms in 3 years? The common factor here is YOU... Maybe you're the problem." I don't know gabi, nor do I really know anything about her - she seems like a nice enough kid. This is more to say that maybe some other "gym hoppers" you may know locally are also nice kids. Maybe we should be less quick to judge - maybe other people are also looking for "the right fit," just on a smaller stage. Cheerlebrities are not the only "nice kids" looking for the right gym.

I couldn't agree more w/ your first paragraph - those are my exact feelings about moving for cheer vs. other Olympic/pro sports - why? Especially when there is a top gym near you. I just don't get it.

The money involved in these regular flights and multiple homes blows my mind too.

The kids competing for equestrian and featured on the show are doing an aspect of the sport called equitation. That category or division is only super competitive up to age 18. Once you age out, you have to move to a different division of the sport (dressage, jumpers, eventing) which is what the olympics focus on. So these kids are training for an aspect of the sport that is entirely different and has an end point. I don't believe this makes cheerleading or equestrian or any sport futile. You are in it for the experience and your passion for the sport.

Technically, the all-star cheerleader could pursue a career in coaching, pursue college cheerleading, or even the NFL (which is not really related to all-star), these are comparable to the path that many of the upper level equestrians take. Most of the kids end up coaching/training versus going to the olympics.

Your reasoning is exactly why I thinks kids move to be apart of greater gyms. In gymnastics most of the time there is no point in leaving your home grown gym, cause if you make the national team. Your train at your gym normally and then you all meet once a month or every other month I'm not sure and train together at the power house gym. Karoyli camp (SP?). Since we don't have really professional options after cheerleading, it makes sense that kids are trying to make the best of it while they can, and while they are young and not burnt out. I don't believe in gym hopping every other year, but moving to have a better opportunity as an athlete is absolutely normal to me.

Your reasoning is exactly why I thinks kids move to be apart of greater gyms. In gymnastics most of the time there is no point in leaving your home grown gym, cause if you make the national team. Your train at your gym normally and then you all meet once a month or every other month I'm not sure and train together at the power house gym. Karoyli camp (SP?). Since we don't have really professional options after cheerleading, it makes sense that kids are trying to make the best of it while they can, and while they are young and not burnt out. I don't believe in gym hopping every other year, but moving to have a better opportunity as an athlete is absolutely normal to me.
When you already have rings from winning Worlds, what better opportunity as an athlete are you looking for?

Gabby Douglas won the Olympic Gold Medal and switched gyms afterwards, why don't you ask her?
Think about what you JUST said.

After. Winning. The Olympics. Not only did she win team, she won all-around (among a bunch of other firsts). And took two years off. She also started back at Chow's for quite some time before switching to Buckeye's in Ohio. On that note: I'd also like to leave you with a tidbit from Marta Karolyi after finding out she had switched again:

"National Team Coordinator Marta Karolyi, who expressed satisfaction and some surprise with Douglas's physical condition at her first two national team training camps back (while she was once again working with Chow), commented on Douglas's planned comeback in OH, "My wish is that she will be consistent in her training. And if that's what she will do, I think she will be fine. But if she jumps up and down and left and right, it will be much harder."

Back