All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

maybe (I mean this in the kindest, gentlest way possible as I've never met her) she's just not good on camera. I grew up dancing competitively and look absolutely fine on stage...and I like to think I'm perfectly normal to talk to in person...but if you stick me in front of a camera to talk about something (even to talk about something I know like the back of my hand) my IQ drops to about 7 and I become a babbling, cartoon-sounding mess of a human being.

I agree for sure. Heck, I'm a reporter for my school's newspaper so I know what makes for a decent interview and I got interviewed on camera this year for something for the online video section of the newspaper and still looked like a moron [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe (I mean this in the kindest, gentlest way possible as I've never met her) she's just not good on camera. I grew up dancing competitively and look absolutely fine on stage...and I like to think I'm perfectly normal to talk to in person...but if you stick me in front of a camera to talk about something (even to talk about something I know like the back of my hand) my IQ drops to about 7 and I become a babbling, cartoon-sounding mess of a human being.

Did you mean me everyday of my life? Everything I say sounds infinitely times better in my head before it comes out of my mouth.

So that little blonde is staying on the team I guess. Wonder who is getting cut so Madi can take their base or back spot spot?
Wasn't Kassidy filling in? Maybe she was just helping for the competition before Madi and the stunt group could train more together.

Easy...

For example, with all the craziness going in the world regarding gun control and kids getting kill by the hands of guns she recently posted a pic of her holding a rifle. Only a young kid, totally detached from the world, with no real life experiences with post such a pic.

Secondly she's cheer most of her life....

Lastly she couldn't even finish public school without tucking tail and running home.

Do you need Any more examples?
If she knows how to safely use that rifle and fully understand how to properly handle a gun I don't really see the issue???

I can definitely understand that. But if you aren't comfortable in front of a camera, you wouldn't make it your business to be in front of one. She's been on camera for years now. In my opinion, being uncomfortable shouldn't be an excuse. Plus, it's obvious she has an great personality. You see it in video clips when she's not speaking (laughing and goofing around)....idk. Either way, it takes nothing away from her athleticism and she's a role model to my child as a flyer. I wish her the best

Being video-taped, being on camera, and being NATURAL on camera are 3 completely and totally different things. One is easy when you're not paying attention, one needs some confidence, and the other takes practice and skill.

The moment you feel nervous, judged, uncomfortable, unsure, the camera picks it up and magnifies it by 100. Your eyes will show it no matter how hard you try to fight- and if at any point in your brain you think 'Oh my god I'm so nervous, what should I say, blah blah blah' your eyes glaze over and you're completely out. Some people who are stiff on camera can still look normal because they acknowledge that they're stiff. Ever see a movie and a scene feels 'off' for some reason? It's 'cause the actors aren't connecting or present in the situation, their eyes have a slight glaze and they're trapped in their head worrying about their lines.

Easiest trick? Be confident and passionate about what you're speaking on, know it like the back of your hand, and repeat inside your head 'I know this.' Focus on the person you're speaking to, make eye contact, it helps ground you so you're not stuck in your head. You have to warm up just like any athletic activity, and you have to have a plan of attack. Giving yourself a frame-work keeps you from falling into the 'I'll just wing it' trap- which even the best of us can't do. I'm pretty awesome at creative improv, but dialogue improv can throw me off..

I still don't get why Maddie was taken out of the air. She was getting too tall? Um that didn't seem to be a problem when they put her as point. Additionally, some of the most elegant and graceful flyers are tall, imo.

I still don't get why Maddie was taken out of the air. She was getting too tall? Um that didn't seem to be a problem when they put her as point. Additionally, some of the most elegant and graceful flyers are tall, imo.

I think it was a mixture of high and the stunt group struggling.

I don't get it, personally, but the girl they replaced her with is like half as big. I'm personally more impressed by putting kids M's size up in the air than I am 18 year old bases with 12 year old flyers.

I can't help but wonder if they were feeling the heat after seeing their competition this year (Brandon and Beatles) and felt the need to up their stunts and Madi just didn't factor into the equation in the air anymore.

I think it was a mixture of high and the stunt group struggling.

I don't get it, personally, but the girl they replaced her with is like half as big. I'm personally more impressed by putting kids M's size up in the air than I am 18 year old bases with 12 year old flyers.
The thing is fans care about and hate little flyers but judges do not care the size of the flyer it either hits or it doesn't.

I can't help but wonder if they were feeling the heat after seeing their competition this year (Brandon and Beatles) and felt the need to up their stunts and Madi just didn't factor into the equation in the air anymore.

I highly doubt the motivation was from other teams, they've won 3 for a reason.

If she wasn't able to hit the stunts, then they must have done what's best for the team. And if that involved taking her out of the air, then so be it. I don't get the big deal about it.

While I personally love seeing tall flyers in the air, that's not something that is reflected on the scoresheet. And in a division this competitive, I guess they really can't afford to go by criteria that are not judged.
As long as it's explained properly and doesn't come off as "you're too fat" or anything along these lines, I think athletes do actually adjust well to it.
In the beginning of the season we had one more flyer than sets of bases. With not many differences in terms of flexibility, we had to pick the smaller girl over a tall girl (like 5'7 ish) because stunts were simply hitting better. We explained this to her and while she obviously wasn't excited about it, she understood that it wasn't anything personal but mere rational logic.

P.S. We were in the end able to put another stunt group (in addition to the rest that are two based) into the routine and she ended up in the air regardless. :)

Why do I remember a similar thing happening to Lauren in season 1? She flew forever, but when she was 16ish she got moved to basing? And Kiara, even though it wasn't mentioned on the show, was a flyer when she was younger but moved to basing and was what I call a 'feature' flyer, a girl who doesn't do the elite but can do the prep in the pyramid or a show 'n' go in the back of tumbling.

Last edited:
Back