OT Cheerleading And Soccer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 30, 2013
I'm in eighth grade, and this year I did cheerleading for my school as well as soccer. And I LOVED every single minuet of both. Although I do pull towards soccer more because there was a lot of heart put into it, and the cheer squad didn't seem to put a lot of heart into what they did. But I want to pursue both sports in highschool, however the soccer coach at the highschool will only pick girls who played for UFA in the fall, and that's when football cheerleading is. The cheerleading coach told me that if I were to miss a game or a certain number of practices then I would be guaranteed to be kicked off the squad. How am I supposed to juggle both sports? :(

I'd talk to both coaches to see what can be worked out. It may come down to choosing one over the other, though, sorry to say.

You will need to speak with the coaches. It really depends on your high school. My kids' high school doesn't work with other sports (school or club). Their philosophy is "you make your commitment to one sport". Our school has a policy that for every missed practice you sit out the next game/competition. My son wanted to run cross country for his school and play club soccer, but he would have had to leave running practice early twice a week. Even though he would be leaving to keep conditioning, he was told very bluntly if he missed 3 practices he would be removed from the school team. Needless to say, he has not played a sport for his school because his love of club soccer is greater than his desire to run.

Hopefully the coaches will work with you. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk to the coaches and explain your entire situations. It is very likely that you may have to pick. Sometimes you can't do both; so I'd think long and hard about which sports makes you happier and go with that.

That's about parents juggling 2 kids doing different sports though.

I ended up having to choose between travel soccer and cheer my senior year of high school. I compromised by doing rec soccer and high school cheer since there were many less conflicts and rec soccer was extremely laid back. It was one of the hardest decisions to make, but if it does come down to that for you, only you will know what the best decision is.

Back