All-Star Cheerleading Worlds 2015 Day 2 (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I saw from someone I think is a coach at WC that yesterday the girl wearing the red jacket during the dance behind tumbling was distracting to the judges and that their tumbling my score went up today as a result( the girl did not wear the jacket).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe but regardless jacket or not the execution score would not allow for the score to increase that much. The tumbling score would not have increased the raw score by the large of a margin

Maybe but regardless jacket or not the execution score would not allow for the score to increase that much. The tumbling score would not have increased the raw score by the large of a margin

There are 60 points in execution with 30 of those going to tumbling and jumps alone. It is very easy for a score to go up that much in execution alone with that many points on the line, especially considering the entire division scores went up. Those with multiple deductions saw less of an increase. Those with less deductions saw more of an increase. I feel the scores made perfect sense.

Last edited:
Does anyone know whether injured athletes or alternates end up with rings and medals?
Specifically thinking about coed elite and poor Dylan and Shannon but I would have thought most teams who globe will have alternates waiting in the wings who will have trained with the team all season

I wish that athletes and spectators could walk away from a competition feeling good, win or lose.

We all know from the get go that there can only be one first place yet we pick up the gauntlet and accept the challenge. There's a lot of emotion, time, money and sweat invested in the fight yet we choose to undertake it. It's a long shot involving a lot of variables thatout of our control but we still feel it's worth our time and energy to engage.

So, if in the end you don't happen to get first place, can you really be that surprised ? Only one team gets the bragging rights of saying they won. However, what athletes may not realize is that they did win but in a little different way. To understand, they need to set their ego aside for a moment. They need to think of who they were one year ago versus who they are today. They need to look at how they have changed.. They'll find they are a better person than they were a year ago. They are stronger, a better communicator, a better friend, more supportive of others, more confident, more considerate, driven, dependable, committed, a better problem solver. These are all gifts cheer has bestowed on them as they have given of themselves to cheer. So, they have won after all. No, it's not the usual prize. It's not a jacket or a medal. It's so much better than that. They won a better version of themselves.. That prize will remain with them throughout their life and prove to be invaluable.

When the time in life comes that they don't win, whether it be a competition in cheer, or for a job position, or any other type of competition, They should not succomb to the temptation of feeling cheated, or be jealous, or bitter. Rather, than.begrudging the victor, congratulate them. This is also the perfect opportunity to score another win by learning from your losses. Learn to appreciate others, suffer humility, how to be happy for others, how to be a positive role model, deal with adversity, accept defeat, be classy, be a good sport and remain gracious. Those skills are more valuable than knowing how to win. Anyone can win but it's far more difficult to accept loss yet remain confident and resilient.

So athletes, spectators at World's, if you don't take home a Globe don't take to Twitter talking trash. Unless you are saying something positive, don't say anything at all.

Does anyone know whether injured athletes or alternates end up with rings and medals?
Specifically thinking about coed elite and poor Dylan and Shannon but I would have thought most teams who globe will have alternates waiting in the wings who will have trained with the team all season

Shannon and Dylan were both fitted for rings and both were given medals.

But each kid represents the program. One bad apple can ruin a gym's name and reputation. 1 location or 10, they all represent the same name and should be classy at all times.
Absolutely they should. Will they ? No. However for an individual to embark on smear campaign unjustifiably is petty. I've been on Twitter all weekend and have seen a lot of positive tweets out of Cali. I even checked with others and we didn't find the hateful tweets referred to. Unfortunately I did encounter hateful tweets wishing death on the winning team etc. but the tweets came from athletes on a second place team and it wasn't TG.

Your difficulty score CAN change from day 1 to day 2, even if you don't change anything in your routine. As a few people have tried to explain before, this is a comparative scoring system and a subjective scoresheet. Your difficulty score depends on what other teams in your division do, who judges you, whether your judge had dry toast or toast and nutella for breakfast... any number of things. Generally, especially because most of these teams are right at the top of the scoring range and these are relatively small divisions, the difficulty scores won't move all that much. But if they do that's just part of how the scoresheet works, whether you agree with it or not.

In all seriousness, a team which has been so close since '09, and has been improving consistently year after year, just finally got their dues. I've been rooting for this wonderful group of kids for so long, and I'm so happy that it's finally happened for them. And for it to happen after so much adversity this weekend is icing on the cake.
Up until last night they were the Lebron of Large Coed.

Now it's SSX's turn.

If they didn't deduct for it, another team can't call them out on it right? Only you can fight for yourself and if SE had nothing to fight for, then what?

ETA: I'm surprised @Emily didn't post the picture I sent her when she told me SE/CE hit. :D

Oh, I'll keep THAT picture for a special occasion :D

Back