All-Star Cheerleading Worlds 2015 - Day 3 (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So (assuming the generally accepted reasoning is correct) I understand the 4 US teams - it sounds like USASF prematurely released scores before any disputes had been settled, then some element of judging of Wildcats' routine was incorrect, which increased their revised score to top 3 of the US teams. Because top 3 had already been announced, it would be unfair to take away finals from Blink, having already awarded it. It was one option, but on balance imo they took the best possible action in this situation. It's happened before, generally from prelims to semi-finals, so in a way they were being consistent as far as they could be after they made a mistake.
HOWEVER, Spring Tumbling then kicked up a massive fuss on Twitter, saying it was unfair, wrong etc. etc., and got international EPs/coaches to join in. Interestingly, USASF then added another Canadian team to finals, but no extras from any other country. This is where I completely lose trying to follow the thought process of the USASF.
In short, they made a mistake, tried to take best possible action afterwards, then caved to pressure from the loudest voice. Imo.
:rolleyes:

I feel they need to level the playing field here. If USA get 4 teams because of a mistake made by USASF then they need to allow the other countries to have 4 teams too. Yes it would have been mean to take away finals from blink but enforcing and following the rules would have been the right thing to do regardless of hurting peoples feelings or whats even the point of having rules? This is worlds and this is the international division, one of the only divisions at the competition which truly represents the world. If they are going to start changing things at the last minute then it needs to be fair on the other countries too especially considering how Canada now magically have 4 as well.

I feel they need to level the playing field here. If USA get 4 teams because of a mistake made by USASF then they need to allow the other countries to have 4 teams too. Yes it would have been mean to take away finals from blink but enforcing and following the rules would have been the right thing to do regardless of hurting peoples feelings or whats even the point of having rules? This is worlds and this is the international division, one of the only divisions at the competition which truly represents the world. If they are going to start changing things at the last minute then it needs to be fair on the other countries too especially considering how Canada now magically have 4 as well.

I agree. I'd have been ok with it just being 4 US teams because, let's be honest, semi-finals is the day that actually determines your world ranking. The Canada thing has really got me side-eying though

5 hours of sleep and my feet a dragging big time. :defeated:

good luck to all the teams competing today. please make it a hit fest and have no injuries :cheering:

So can someone clarify this for me:

U.S. has 4 teams, Canada has 4 teams, but everyone else is still only allowed 3? Are there other countries with 4 or more teams?

If so, is Spring Tumbling also fighting for other countries to get 4? Or when they fight for "international" teams, do they really only mean "Canadian" teams?

Spring Tumbling sounds like the whiny kid who always cries about life being unfair...

So can someone clarify this for me:

U.S. has 4 teams, Canada has 4 teams, but everyone else is still only allowed 3? Are there other countries with 4 or more teams?

If so, is Spring Tumbling also fighting for other countries to get 4? Or when they fight for "international" teams, do they really only mean "Canadian" teams?

Spring Tumbling sounds like the whiny kid who always cries about life being unfair...
There are definitely other countries that had 4 or more teams.

I kinda get the USA having 4 due to the scoring issue, it definitely could have been avoided if the USASF had gotten their ish together, but it would have sucked to have been announced as making it to finals only to have it taken right back away from you. But, I don't get adding the Canadian team at all, if they did that, they should have allowed every country (that is able) to have 4 teams advance, that I would have been completely fine with.

Im completely bewildered by the USASF judging system. Having competed in an international division last year, I have definitely experience the poor judging of USASF judges. Our stunts scored 14 points higher on day 2 than day one, with Day 1 being a perfect run, and day 2 having bobbles. This made absolutely no sense to any of us. I understand that it would be hard to be judging at Worlds, and I have respect for the judges, but knowing how it feels to be on the end of a scoring discrepancy I can understand the frustration of the athletes. Adding a 4th Canadian team has totally lost me, and as Spring Tumbling stated on Twitter earlier, That was not the result they wanted. Worlds is an INTERNATIONAL competition, and needs to be represented fairly.

Im completely bewildered by the USASF judging system. Having competed in an international division last year, I have definitely experience the poor judging of USASF judges. Our stunts scored 14 points higher on day 2 than day one, with Day 1 being a perfect run, and day 2 having bobbles. This made absolutely no sense to any of us. I understand that it would be hard to be judging at Worlds, and I have respect for the judges, but knowing how it feels to be on the end of a scoring discrepancy I can understand the frustration of the athletes. Adding a 4th Canadian team has totally lost me, and as Spring Tumbling stated on Twitter earlier, That was not the result they wanted. Worlds is an INTERNATIONAL competition, and needs to be represented fairly.
I get the frustration, but based on how the Worlds scoresheet is set up, you can't compare your scores from day to day and expect things to be the same.

Back