All-Star Cheersport Day 1 Chatter

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheersport scoring = ridiculous
Cheer Extreme Senior Elite- 437.3
C4 Longhorns Junior 2- 437
They did good, but level 2 teams shouldn't be able to score as high as level 5!
its like i said before, you cant compare the two, its prob two completely different judging panels, how do you know that they didnt score a 437 for their level? what if they maxed out level 2 as much as cheer extreme maxed out level 5? its possible.
That is exactly right. CHEERSPORT scores max points for the level being judged. You cannot compare the two if different levels.

You must be joking. So a high school school football game can't be 21-20 just like college or pro?

Scores only matter within the division.

This happens because typically Level 5 judges are worlds judges and score the lower range, which is correct.

When your judging on a level 2 panel all day, you have SOOOO many teams in that level 2 division that when trying to separate that large amount of placements, before they know it, the scoring range is HUGE.

Dont agree with a 2 scoring the same as a 5 (it can be confusing).... but I can see how it happened. Its all about scoring the LEVEL.

This happens because typically Level 5 judges are worlds judges and score the lower range, which is correct.

When your judging on a level 2 panel all day, you have SOOOO many teams in that level 2 division that when trying to separate that large amount of placements, before they know it, the scoring range is HUGE.

Dont agree with a 2 scoring the same as a 5.... but I can see how it happened.

NO!
CHEERSPORT scores max points for the level being judged. You cannot compare the two if different levels.

It was a missed skill. Only one part didnt go up. Yall make it seem like their pyramid totally collapsed.

I'm not trying to keep this going, I'm asking out of simply curiosity, because in my mind, I see it as more than one missed skill. but I don't know the technicalities of it...but i see two missed flips. and i don't know if any of the transitional stuff would count, probably not, but to me it's more than one skill. how do they determine that?

Incorrect
not stating facts. (hence the "typically" put in my statement)
Just giving an example on how it can and has happened in the past.
I do know Cheersport you can max out in any level.... anyone can score the same as a level 5
My original statement was to say that I agree on how it can be confusing.

I'm not trying to keep this going, I'm asking out of simply curiosity, because in my mind, I see it as more than one missed skill. but I don't know the technicalities of it...but i see two missed flip. and i don't know if any of the transitional stuff would count, probably not, but to me it's more than one skill. how do they determine that?

It couldve been 2 missed skills cause they had deductions on 2 things.

While I do agree, and did state in my original post the "cheersport is all about scoring the level" I can say that the different judging panels and the amount of teams in a level do (and always will) play a roll in this scoring.

Back