All-Star Cheersport Day 1 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has anyone been able to open Junior Small 3 results? It appears someone CHEERSPORT accidentally combined the link with Junior Coed 3. Both open at the same link. Does anyone know results for Junior Small 3?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but so they only pay attention to the higher ranked teams?? So say your team had a horrible day 1 but you come back and do really well on day 2, they wont really care because you did bad on day 1? I hope that made sense hahaha
I don't want to be a debbie downer, but probably not. I mean, it's sucky if you have a clearly awesome routine and just have an off day before BLOWING everybody out of the water day 2..but realistically, if you did that at Worlds, you might not even make finals (in all but perhaps large senior and large coed). I'm sure they're putting a bit of wiggle room in the standings (particularly for the larger divisions deep with talent), but if you can't consistently hit a routine, that's a tough sell to make. Doesn't mean you have to give up, but you REALLY need to show that you're worthy day 2.

Does Senior Elite have any sort of bid?
Not that I know of.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but so they only pay attention to the higher ranked teams?? So say your team had a horrible day 1 but you come back and do really well on day 2, they wont really care because you did bad on day 1? I hope that made sense hahaha

As far as I know Cheersport is a 50/50 split and it is virtually impossible to move up very much from day one even if you hit perfect day 2 (this has been my experience). Now i'm sure if EVERYONE in front of you bombed then it is easy however not very realistic

As far as I know Cheersport is a 50/50 split and it is virtually impossible to move up very much from day one even if you hit perfect day 2 (this has been my experience). Now i'm sure if EVERYONE in front of you bombed then it is easy however not very realistic

Steel bombed day 1 last year and came back to win the title.

Has anyone been able to open Junior Small 3 results? It appears someone CHEERSPORT accidentally combined the link with Junior Coed 3. Both open at the same link. Does anyone know results for Junior Small 3?
Here ya go: Junior Small 3

1 - Georgia Heat 143
2 - Spirit Central Junior White 141.3333333
3 - C4 Longhorns Junior Black 139.3333333
4 - Cheer Intensity Allstars Piranhas 138
5 - Spirit Allstars Emeralds 134.6666667
6 - Victory Cheer – Pasadena 133.3333333
6 - Cheer Command Master Chiefs 133.3333333
8 - Haydens Junior Teal 130
9 - Victory Allstars Onyx 129
10 - Pro Athletics Divas 128.6666667
11 - Maryland Marlins Allstars Typhoon 128.3333333
12 - All Star Rebels Outlaws 124.8333333
13 - WNY Outlaw Allstars Lady Bandits 120.1666667
14 - ATA Wrath 119.3333333

Read through the entire thread and didn't see anything about Gym Tyme Nfinity. How did they look? Their score isn't up yet, but they probably wouldn't be in the running for a paid bid anyway.

Kristen already addressed this, but I want to make an additional point. As she said, the likelihood of a last place team ending up first (in a large division) is unlikely. So what they do is essentially take the top teams (top 30% or 50% or whatever) and spend tonight ranking them as to how the bids would fall out if today was the only competition day.

That way when the divisions are over tomorrow, they can pretty quickly adjust the rankings and award the bids. And if someone comes out of nowhere, it's easier to adjust to a single team instead of having to do the entire ranking.

If they didn't, they would have to do ALL worlds teams awards and bids last and everyone would be screaming about how long awards take. With no Jammy to entertain, they have to be more creative! :D

Also, it's just part of being prepared. Frankly, I'm sure that other event producers do something very similar; they just don't have as many bids to determine.

Kristen already addressed this, but I want to make an additional point. As she said, the likelihood of a last place team ending up first (in a large division) is unlikely. So what they do is essentially take the top teams (top 30% or 50% or whatever) and spend tonight ranking them as to how the bids would fall out if today was the only competition day.

That way when the divisions are over tomorrow, they can pretty quickly adjust the rankings and award the bids. And if someone comes out of nowhere, it's easier to adjust to a single team instead of having to do the entire ranking.

If they didn't, they would have to do ALL worlds teams awards and bids last and everyone would be screaming about how long awards take. With no Jammy to entertain, they have to be more creative! :D

Also, it's just part of being prepared. Frankly, I'm sure that other event producers do something very similar; they just don't have as many bids to determine.

Thank you to both you and Kristen for the answers. :) So it's pretty much to save time and frustration?

Steel bombed day 1 last year and came back to win the title.

I'm not saying you can't move up but I was referring to the statement about not paying attention to the teams in the lower half of the division. In a huge division the only way you would jump from last to first is if you nailed it AND the rest had rough days.

I'm sorry, but no....I get what you're saying, just don't know how a raw score can ever be higher then the perfect score for the competition.
You're 100% right. When you're averaging numbers to produce a mean score, there is no physically possible mathmatic way to end up with a higher score than: a) the highest possible score or b) the highest score you receive from any given judge. Unless there is some exception where they got bonus points somewhere, I can PROMISE you guys that either their deductions are wrong or their score is wrong. There is just no way that when you average a set of numbers your solution will be higher than the highest number in your test results. They have to be getting points from somewhere else if that is their true Day 1 score and their true deductions.

Back