All-Star Cheersport Day 1 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You're 100% right. When you're averaging numbers to produce a mean score, there is no physically possible mathmatic way to end up with a higher score than: a) the highest possible score or b) the highest score you receive from any given judge. Unless there is some exception where they got bonus points somewhere, I can PROMISE you guys that either their deductions are wrong or their score is wrong. There is just no way that when you average a set of numbers your solution will be higher than the highest number in your test results. They have to be getting points from somewhere else if that is their true Day 1 score and their true deductions.
You guys are doing the math wrong. In the example of Brandon Steel, someone stated that their raw score would be 125.4 (day one score) plus their deductions of 35 points for a total 160.4. That isn't right because you add the three judges scores, then subtract the deductions, then divide by three. So in the case of Steel their raw score would have been around 137.06....
137.06 x 3=411.18
411.18 -35=376.18
376.18/3=125.4
and easier way to find someones raw score for day one is to divide the deductions by 3 and then add that to their day one score

ACE Warriors have really started steppin' it up! Glad to see it!
Something I saw in the video which I see all the time is that ending flip in the pyramid. So many teams do it, and every single one of them flips crooked and catches awkwardly. If you cannot figure out a way to not flip crookedly out of that, I'd rather you don't flip out of that, it looks awkward and kills all the energy you just built up from your pyramid. (Like I said, ACE is not the only team to do this at all, this is a blanket statement)

Back