All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

with the tuck toss though, isn't it a lesser deduction because it was routine error? it's still a deduction, but they didn't intend on that being in the routine / happening. it was supposed to be legal, but because something happened, it became illegal...or is that only certain competitions/brands that use routine error?

the thing is, she knew she wasn't connected. One of the first things taught when doing something like that is not to go if you're not connected. Was it a beautiful tuck toss, yes. Doesn't matter though...she knew better. Simple mistake. I feel bad for her though. I'm sure she isn't too happy with herself.

i couldnt agree more, even though i know her and she is very young so im sure being her first time on a senior team at such a huge competiton you forget what your taught and go for it, but from what im told by kids on the team she is ok

i would imagine regardless of it being "unintentional" being a connected inversion vs being an inversion basket... its still illegal.

couldn't agree more :) and to be honest if i was in her position i probably would have thrown the tuck too. she had a split second to decide what to do and when i compete i never really take into account if i'm doing something 'illegal', my number one goal when i compete is to go for everything i'm supposed to.

I find when it comes to 'lolsmileyface' or '0hs0electrik' or whatever her/his pseudonym of week is, the best please policy is to just ignore him/her. eliminates about 90% of the drama on these boards.

i couldnt agree more, even though i know her and she is very young so im sure being her first time on a senior team at such a huge competiton you forget what your taught and go for it, but from what im told by kids on the team she is ok

Good, I'm glad she's ok.

with the tuck toss though, isn't it a lesser deduction because it was routine error? it's still a deduction, but they didn't intend on that being in the routine / happening. it was supposed to be legal, but because something happened, it became illegal...or is that only certain competitions/brands that use routine error?

I thought it was just Jamfest that did the "routine errors"

i would imagine regardless of it being "unintentional" being a connected inversion vs being an inversion basket... its still illegal.

i know it's still illegal, but i've heard of routine error being a lesser deduction for an illegal skill than just plain illegal in cases like this (i've heard it mostly in level 4 where one side of a tuck isn't braced in the pyramid)

Performance errors are less than illegalities. If courtney is talking to them about it, than that's probably what the conversation is about. They could very easily give a performance error for that. It's judges discretion at this point.

Back