All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thoughts as a spectator...

The new arena set up was great. I almost always found a seat even at the last minute. Didn't cut down on the distance of walking but we expected that.

I missed some of the major rivalries being there.

Why does everyone complain every year about deductions at CHEERSPORT? I'm just parent and I know the comp is all about deductons.

I always forget about the vast array of food choices at the CHEERSPORT. I appreciated it once again. In addition I didn't have to wait more than 30 minutes to eat at any of the sit down restaurants.

A couple comments were made that insinuated scores were made/changed/altered to benefit certain teams. The judges that make those final decisions are some of the MOST ethical, moral, and just really good people I have ever known in my life let alone allstars. While I am not privy to any details I do know that they would never purposely alter a score to benefit a certain team.

Who decided to host a hair show and the biggest allstar cheer competition in the same weekend? In addition I thought a hair show was about hair, not men walking around in bikini tops?

Likewise who in Atlanta decided that closing down streets in downtown was smart between 6 and 10 last night while everyone was trying to leave?

The CHEERSPORT attire was far too pricey this year but the "clearance" items and the freebies still left CP with lots of stuff.

How much do everyone hate the walk to awards? Thank goodness I only had to do it once.

That's all....
smile.png

Side Note: Dear Varsity. Cheersport is hosting a Championship with over 900 teams. It's kinda a big deal. You do not even have a little blurb about it on your website. Thought you might have forgotten.

Why would Varsity have a blurb about Cheersport?

A few quick questions: Some mom posted on the Cheersport facebook page about a change in Special Needs score placements for some weird reason. Can anyone explain it to me? Even by PM if that's better.

No idea what this is about. If you hear anything please let me know.

My opinion to your post is if a Senior Level 5 team video was left off, it would be a big deal. But since it has only been pointed out that it was the younger divisions it is no big deal because they had so many videos that were posted in a timely manner. Well, I would like to throw in my perspective, I am sitting at a military base overseas and I paid to watch these videos as I could not personally attend the competition. I would at least like to see the videos in the division I am interested in. The only reason I paid was to see the mini and youth divisions, perhaps I should ask for a refund?

Just like it is easy to say that "most" of the girls who earned jackets got jackets, why should the ones who had to go without their earned jacket complain since "most" got them and it was such a large competition.... good job CheerSport for meeting "most" of what was expected of you. I could only imagine those cheerleaders disappointment to walk away with no jacket after earning them.

I'm not saying your concerns aren't legitimate or that it's fine that video wasn't posted...I'm just saying with the amount of work that went into the event, it ran pretty smoothly which is pretty dang awesome. I'm sure the missing videos were just an oversight or a mishap and that they'd quickly fix the problem if alerted to it.

Back