All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

hiiiiiiiiiiiii everyone so if anyone wants to be the nicest person on he boards and pm me their log in info to watch the videos it would be EXTREMLY appricaited... after spending my life savings this past weekend in atlanta $20 is too much for me hahaha...

but on another note commenting on stuff previously stated:
1. smoke= AMAZING. i watched them both days and just about died. i love that gym with every fiber of my being
2. i completly agree with the scoring issue. my team was fortunant enough to win large senior coed 3 but we litterally won by like at least 30 points to the second place team and was beating the last place team my over a hundred... i feel like if i was any of the other teams i would be so discouraged because of how hard it would be to make those points up
3. the jackets -_____- how do you run out?! it was so sad for our coaches to come back and tell us they had to be sent
4. overall... i felt like there was just something missing. i don't know what it was, but being there for the first time just didn't wow me as much as i thought i would. personally i think i liked dallas more when i went in 2009.

I absolutely love this competition and can not even begin to fathom how it runs so smoothly each year. I'd like to try to put the point spread into perspective. When do you go to a competition where the scores are in the 800s? Let's compare the score differences using Jambrands scoring. If the first place team at Cheersport scores 850 and the second place team scores 820 and the team that places at the end of the division scores 750, at Jambrand event the equivalent scores would be 8.5, 8.2, and 7.5. For a division of 10-15 teams, I have seen this as normal for Jambrand events. No one is complaining at the Jambrand events because the scores seem so close, but in actuality, it is the same percentage difference. So, for a team at Cheersport to come in second by 1 or 2 points, well, that is just downright painful (8.48 to 8.47 on Jambrands score)!

I absolutely love this competition and can not even begin to fathom how it runs so smoothly each year. I'd like to try to put the point spread into perspective. When do you go to a competition where the scores are in the 800s? Let's compare the score differences using Jambrands scoring. If the first place team at Cheersport scores 850 and the second place team scores 820 and the team that places at the end of the division scores 750, at Jambrand event the equivalent scores would be 8.5, 8.2, and 7.5. For a division of 10-15 teams, I have seen this as normal for Jambrand events. No one is complaining at the Jambrand events because the scores seem so close, but in actuality, it is the same percentage difference. So, for a team at Cheersport to come in second by 1 or 2 points, well, that is just downright painful (8.48 to 8.47 on Jambrands score)!

Very true...People tend to forget that this scoring is on a 900 point scale for Levels 2-6 teams..and Jam Brands would be on a 10 point scale..

I just want to congratulate sparks senior large level 2 after this weekend! Winning their division by 30 points and having the highest score in their level with a 871 (I believe), they're really a great team. Also sparks youth 2 congrats! And supernovas, I don't know how you could have hit your routine much better, you were great both days! It's too bad you didn't place higher. Also congrats to pro lavender! Winning your division is a great accomplishment, you guys have a great routine. It's great the northeast can go down to atlanta and show the south how much talent they have!

I just want to congratulate sparks senior large level 2 after this weekend! Winning their division by 30 points and having the highest score in their level with a 871 (I believe), they're really a great team. Also sparks youth 2 congrats! And supernovas, I don't know how you could have hit your routine much better, you were great both days! It's too bad you didn't place higher. Also congrats to pro lavender! Winning your division is a great accomplishment, you guys have a great routine. It's great the northeast can go down to atlanta and show the south how much talent they have!

Our team also hit both days, one tumbling crash on Saturday and one tumbling touchdown on Sunday. When I heard we were in 4th, I was shocked! I was very impressed though with Supernova's, I thought they did very well on Saturday, missed them on Sunday. Nothing we can do about it but go on with our lives and know that no matter what happened, we know that they did their best. Good luck to you all on the rest of your season! They need to be very proud of themselves, because they really were awesome this weekend, as was my team!

Maybe the solution is to rethink the definition of "hit".

wow...totally invaded my brain. Just posted a thread on this exact thing.

I'm sorry, but I believe event producers, amd judges, should not be having any kind of discussions about the competition with anyone other than with other judges or the event producers. I've heard rumors of Jamfest reps having dinner and hanging with certain teams. Now it may mean nothing, but it sure looks bad in certain situations. Judges and event producers need to realize how others interpret their actions.

Let me ask you a question since you feel this way. Is it alright for a conversation to take place after the event is over? Should There never be any type of dessicion what so ever? Should there be a silent period say 1 week, a month, 6 months before you can have a conversation? Do we really have the right to discuss Cheersport on this board? After all there are coaches, event producers, even judges on this board. I know that my conversations happened after the mats were rolled up and the lights were out on Cheersport and there was no violation of the safe harbor rule.

In your post the only way to remove how you are interpreting reps and judges and event producers hanging out together is to keep them isolated. You have to remember most of the judges are coaches as well and have many friends in the industry.

Like many misunderstandings (unfortunately sometimes leading to arguments), the terminology used or things people interpret from what they read are a matter of perspective.

It's usually best to take the discussion off line and find out the whole story. I've done it a lot of times and almost always the person I discuss it with finds out there was nothing wrong, they just had part of the story.

Great job to Pink and Killers this weekend

I hear what you are saying WCDad...however, it is VERY unprofessional for a judge to speak to anyone other than the panel or event producer about such things. If a COACH has a question about scores, then that coach should approach a CHEERSPORT official, NOT the judges' stand. If it is about a safety review, then perhaps they can approach an official who THEN contacts the safety judge who can show the coach the infraction, but otherwise, VERY unprofessional for judges to be dining out with coaches DURING an event. JMO, but I do not think it is proper conduct. After the event, and on your own time, sure. Lots of friends in the industry. But they should NOT be discussing such matters during the event.

I hear what you are saying WCDad...however, it is VERY unprofessional for a judge to speak to anyone other than the panel or event producer about such things. If a COACH has a question about scores, then that coach should approach a CHEERSPORT official, NOT the judges' stand. If it is about a safety review, then perhaps they can approach an official who THEN contacts the safety judge who can show the coach the infraction, but otherwise, VERY unprofessional for judges to be dining out with coaches DURING an event. JMO, but I do not think it is proper conduct. After the event, and on your own time, sure. Lots of friends in the industry. But they should NOT be discussing such matters during the event.

I don't see where we disagree.

I was addressing more of the portion saying "how long to wait" AND, even the fact that they were talking to a non-coach during the same day as the event is a little sketchy. Again, not necessarily a violation...but sketch. When I am done judging...I evacuated the arena as quickly as possible HAHA! And I tend to not discuss much at all, but that's just me I suppose. I may discuss scenarios at a later date, etc., but I do not discuss with parents...or even really coaches when I am at an event (even if the "mats were rolled up"). But I may be the exception and not the rule, idk.

Let me ask you a question since you feel this way. Is it alright for a conversation to take place after the event is over? Should There never be any type of dessicion what so ever? Should there be a silent period say 1 week, a month, 6 months before you can have a conversation? Do we really have the right to discuss Cheersport on this board? After all there are coaches, event producers, even judges on this board. I know that my conversations happened after the mats were rolled up and the lights were out on Cheersport and there was no violation of the safe harbor rule.

In your post the only way to remove how you are interpreting reps and judges and event producers hanging out together is to keep them isolated. You have to remember most of the judges are coaches as well and have many friends in the industry.
WOW, quite sarcastic!!! So anyway......I do think after the event is no big deal. During, totally unacceptable. I'll defer to cheerinfo's post.

I just watched aviator all stars large coed 4... they were a very good team but i'm a little confused as to how they won when they have something illegal in their pyramid? In level 4 you're supposed to be braced by both sides when you do a flip right?
not necessarily, you just have to have two connections. so if theres two connections on one arm its still legal

ETA: i didnt realize someone already answered this

20 kids in sm div, 24 inter, 36 large - Jackets SHOULD NOT RUN OUT!! If Cheersport CHOSE to split, then they should have let the teams know that by splitting then Jackets could be limited ( they didn't ). Money wasn't given back and those kids that WON were robbed of their jackets. Now for me I have plenty and would gladly give any one of mine to a kid that won their FIRST jacket. Half the fun of winning a jacket is getting on the plane or riding home and having random "non cheer" people recognize it, or even go to school the day after and show it off or be at school with rival gyms and show it off. I'm sure someone will attack me on this one but I don't feel any excuse justifies this. Those kids were robbed of their moment period.

Back