All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

On the onset of Cheersport, many asked, "what wins Cheersport"...the answer ultimately was CLEAN wins Cheersport...now, after Orange has won Cheersport without a clean routine, the answers is "Cheersport chooses who will best represent them"...So, the big question is....which is correct, I really have no opinion either way, of course I love the skills Orange has but I'm a big proponent for clean...anyone care to elaborate further?????

Orange had enough difficulty that those deductions didn't hurt them enough to make them drop in placement. While being clean is important it was their difficulty on top of what hit being clean that put them ahead of the rest.

Orange had enough difficulty that those deductions didn't hurt them enough to make them drop in placement. While being clean is important it was their difficulty on top of what hit being clean that put them ahead of the rest.
I don't agree with difficulty scores....if the rest doesn't hit. I had the same issue with a co-ed division last year at Worlds. I just don't get the equation...Stunts falling + major pyramid issues = 1st place. I don't care how difficult the routine is. Orange will hit a routine worthy 1st place, hopefully at Worlds, but today was not the day.

I don't agree with difficulty scores....if the rest doesn't hit. I had the same issue with a co-ed division last year at Worlds. I just don't get the equation...Stunts falling + major pyramid issues = 1st place. I don't care how difficult the routine is. Orange will hit a routine worthy 1st place, hopefully at Worlds, but today was not the day.
But if they hit the scoresheet and their score comes out higher then others even with deductions then it happens. It isnt like the judges can ignore the scores and put them second just based on deductions. It judges scored what they had in their routine and it was enough to still score higher.

People are talking about orange but senior elite dropped a stunt and still won and got a paid bid.

I know it's like why doesn't everyone put in the hardest skills they can think of so even when they don't hit they will still win because at least you tried and your difficulty is there.

But if they hit the scoresheet and their score comes out higher then others even with deductions then it happens. It isnt like the judges can ignore the scores and put them second just based on deductions. It judges scored what they had in their routine and it was enough to still score higher.

People are talking about orange but senior elite dropped a stunt and still won and got a paid bid.

I was just about to post this.... although they won cause someone cant do math on the judging panel.... granted i dont know how much the deduction they left off will change their score, but I have to give it up to Fame Super Seniors cause they went out and performed 4 times at one cheersport and today hit two deduction free (or very close to it) performances!!!!

On the onset of Cheersport, many asked, "what wins Cheersport"...the answer ultimately was CLEAN wins Cheersport...now, after Orange has won Cheersport without a clean routine, the answers is "Cheersport chooses who will best represent them"...So, the big question is....which is correct, I really have no opinion either way, of course I love the skills Orange has but I'm a big proponent for clean...anyone care to elaborate further?????

It's not about who represent's Cheersport, because Orange already had a bid and didn't receive one from Cheersport.

So, the bottom line is that the judges, not Cheersport, scored Orange higher than the rest of the teams.

It's not about who represent's Cheersport, because Orange already had a bid and didn't receive one from Cheersport.

So, the bottom line is that the judges, not Cheersport, scored Orange higher than the rest of the teams.
Can i please just shimmy this forever? People have been talking about Orange representing Cheersport which is false considering they didn't receive their bid here.

Back