All-Star Cheersport Natl New Policy

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anybody have a copy of the email, or a statement somewhere confirming this?

Here you go:
Dear CHEERSPORT Customers,

We are writing to inform you that beginning this year at our 2014 National Championship in Atlanta, we are instituting a “Stay to Play” policy. Simply stated, this means everyone attending our National Championship will be required to book hotel rooms through our housing company, Connections Housing.
There are two primary reasons CHEERSPORT is adopting a “Stay to Play” policy. The first reason is that it is increasingly important to be able to prove to a host city how many hotel room nights our event generates. The city of Atlanta and the Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) grant us special privileges based on the total number of hotel room nights that are sold. One benefit is that it allows us to contract space at the GWCC on a long term basis which is obviously critical to our long term success. Our designation as a “city-wide convention” also allows us to utilize many services the city of Atlanta offers, which in turn allows us to make our National event even more special for our customers.
The second reason for adopting this policy is that it allows us to ensure there are adequate hotel rooms available at competitive prices. The collective buying power of all our customers provides us leverage with the hotels, and therefore we are able to secure better prices for everyone. We are confident that our “Stay to Play” policy will serve our customers well.
Teams that entered the CHEERSPORT room raffle have been contacted by Connections Housing with the results of the raffle. For all other customers, housing will open up on August 1st. The Connections Housing CHEERSPORT telephone number is 1-855-63-CHEER and their email is CH
[email protected].
Please feel free to contact them with any questions you might have.

If anyone has already contracted their rooms directly with a hotel, please contact Connections Housing. They will work with you and the hotel to resolve the issue.
Thank you for your continued support of CHEERSPORT and your adherence to this new policy. As always, if you have any questions or comments, please give us a call at 888-Ready-Ok.

Sincerely,
CHEERSPORT Staff

Sounds like a change that Varsity is requiring now that they own Cheersport. Isn't this what NCA has done for years?

The Fierce Board App! || If you're not on Fierce Board, I question your commitment.
I know that last year at NCA, my friend and her daughter stayed with an old friend, not in a hotel. After she received NCA's blessing. I believe she said that had she not gotten permission, it could have been a problem for the team.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Almost every National event we went to this past season had this policy. Very annoying. I called a hotel on the approved list and they quoted me $20 cheaper, but then told me I had to book it through the proper channel. I ended up having to pay the higher price. I would understand if the rates were cheaper, but you end up paying way more than if you booked it independently. We're actually traveling to less comps this season because the expenses were getting out of hand. Which is upsetting for our girls, because sometimes the more local comps just aren't as beneficial.

Do other sports require anything like this? NCAA college World Series? Any other events that are comparable in size?

The Fierce Board App! || If you're not on Fierce Board, I question your commitment.

Do other sports require anything like this? NCAA college World Series? Any other events that are comparable in size?

Is there anything really comparable in size? I assume they're only considering athletes and staff, not fans, so the CWS wouldn't be close to the number of people of a decent cheer event.

Like I said, I'm going to a football camp with my son that does. FBU Top Gun. It's huge but not as big as the amount of athletes and families that cheer brings in.

Is there anything really comparable in size? I assume they're only considering athletes and staff, not fans, so the CWS wouldn't be close to the number of people of a decent cheer event.

I don't know. Obviously the Super Bowl or other events of that caliber don't compare because of prestige etc. also trying to think of other events that would have multiple teams etc.

Frankly I don't believe the reasons given by Cheersport. They've been around long enough for Atlanta to be able to measure the impact they have. The GWCC knows how many people show up. The hotels know how many attempt to participate in the lottery for the Omni etc

I'm disappointed and most people will know how much that pains me. Cheersport has been good to me and to cheer for a long time. Hate to see that change.

Maybe it is just me but we go to like 3 comps that require hotels booked through connections...

They don't just have expensive downtown hotels they have cheap ones on the outskirts as well. You should see how far (travel time) the blocked hotel we got is from NCA ... :eek: lol

Furthermore you just need to obtain permission. You just tell them your using points/employee discount/ staying with a friend and they allow it you just have to fill out the proper paperwork!

I don't know. Obviously the Super Bowl or other events of that caliber don't compare because of prestige etc. also trying to think of other events that would have multiple teams etc.

Frankly I don't believe the reasons given by Cheersport. They've been around long enough for Atlanta to be able to measure the impact they have. The GWCC knows how many people show up. The hotels know how many attempt to participate in the lottery for the Omni etc

I'm disappointed and most people will know how much that pains me. Cheersport has been good to me and to cheer for a long time. Hate to see that change.

I believe it based on a conversation I had with Elza a couple years ago about how they weren't getting credit for all the hotels and business brought to a city and it was impacting their priority when selecting dates for events.

I believe it based on a conversation I had with Elza a couple years ago about how they weren't getting credit for all the hotels and business brought to a city and it was impacting their priority when selecting dates for events.

Then why not work out something where teams register where they stay? Does that not accomplish the same thing?

They didn't say anything about the money which means its probably the money.

Then why not work out something where teams register where they stay? Does that not accomplish the same thing?

They didn't say anything about the money which means its probably the money.

Different cities wanted different types of verification. I'm guessing using a 3rd party meets what more cities wanted as verification.

If they are smart it benefits them financially. The conversation I had with Elza was about a full time job working primarily on the issues they had regarding this and partially on rules related stuff. I'm guessing if they were thinking about creating a job to resolve this it would be beneficial enough to cover the salary.

Different cities wanted different types of verification. I'm guessing using a 3rd party meets what more cities wanted as verification.

If they are smart it benefits them financially. The conversation I had with Elza was about a full time job working primarily on the issues they had regarding this and partially on rules related stuff. I'm guessing if they were thinking about creating a job to resolve this it would be beneficial enough to cover the salary.

Oh I'm sure there's a financial incentive to it

And this my friends is a part (amount may other things) of why every gym in our area has pulled out of Cheersport nationals. None of them requires teams to stay together, and this would be prohibitively expensive for many parents.

USAV volleyball regional qualifiers have the same policy and similar roster checks are done.

There are companies whos only job is to form statistics for the hospitality industry. They call it REVpar (revenue per available room). They create spreadsheets to compare different properties day to day and year to year. There is no need for rooms to be registered they know how much business Cheersport brings to Atlanta. In fact this year it was posted at over 17,000 rooms. So that would mean approx 1000 teams and 17 rooms per team. I don't think Cheersport needs to handle our reservations.

Back