All-Star Cheersport Updates (friday, Saturday, Sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is anyone else's stream randomly skipping back like an hour or two I didn't even notice until I listened for a team and saw that they performed at 11:30...

This is from the team's facebook page

Facebook

"Well...the coaches of Island Special Team are angry, hurt & confused.
Every season our athletes, moms and coaches look forward to Cheersport Nationals. In the past it was because they actually judged us and let us COMPETE! Our athletes AND parents want the team to be judged...to be treated like everyone else...to feel like SOMEONE is noticing their hard work. They want corrections and want to know whether they won or if they need to do better next time.
Last year, they did not allow special athletes to compete. In fact, no one did. They were taking the year to perfect a better and more fair scoring system for special athletes. At the beginning of this season they released the new scoring guidelines and we were THRILLED! It finally seemed like they really "got it". As usual, we read, listened and studied the rules. We developed our routine this year based on what would be most successful, according to the new scoring.
All this season we were preparing for Cheersport Nationals. Counting down the days, working to improve at each practice and each performance. We got here and put on a beautiful show on Day 1. We noticed some minor things to fix for Day 2, but were overall very excited!
For FOUR HOURS after we competed we continued to try to get our score sheets. Every 30 minutes to 1 hour we checked. We were constantly redirected or told they had no word.
It turns out...4 of the 5 competing special teams were disqualified for having helpers in the stunts. Again, we have read the new rules inside and out and STILL cannot find any rule that states that in order to compete, all helpers must be in front of the mat and not "helping". So...we apparently scored 0. It's quite baffling that since this rule was so "clearly" printed FOUR of the FIVE competing special teams were unaware.
So...we are angry. Our team works HARD. Their performances show their independence. Our 2 helpers are minor parts of the routine.
What happens next? Well...we want YOUR input on our performance tomorrow! The good, the bad, the praises, the criticism...all of it. We perform at 11:20am tomorrow. We will be doing "exhibition" and will be performing our BEAUTIFUL #Lucky13 routine! We will video it and post it and we want YOUR opinions!!!!!! Please!
P.S. I want to extend a major THANK YOU to the judge that reached out to us and gave us a little more clarity! We TRULY appreciate it!"

I understand that the rules were published in advance the previous summer. But for 4 out of 5 teams to be disqualified is really disappointing for the athletes. I hope that things get fixed and that the understanding is more clear for next year.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder how anyone calls this a credible competition and judging system.

Sad for these special needs kids who worked so hard to put a routine on the floor and traveled to a Varsity stay-to-play competition (please correct me if I'm wrong and this isn't anymore). Sounds like a great situation for people to ask for their comp fees back. I hope the gym does that for their customers.

Random Q: If an athlete is walking to a spot in the routine & trips over themselves or runs into someone and falls to the ground, does that count as a deduction?
It happens all the time, especially with younger teams but really with all age divisions, so I'm curious if that plays into their score.

Random Q: If an athlete is walking to a spot in the routine & trips over themselves or runs into someone and falls to the ground, does that count as a deduction?
It happens all the time, especially with younger teams but really with all age divisions, so I'm curious if that plays into their score.

I was under the impression that counted as a athlete fall. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My live feed has gone off just as the second team from my old gym is going on...I think I might be the only one!

anyone getting this error?
500 Internal Server Error
Bummer...something has gone wrong.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We've been notified of the problem and are working on a fix. Please check back again in a few minutes.

anyone getting this error?
500 Internal Server Error
Bummer...something has gone wrong.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We've been notified of the problem and are working on a fix. Please check back again in a few minutes.
Yeah I've had it for over half an hour now.

I was under the impression that counted as a athlete fall. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure you are correct. It has happened to my CPs teams a few times over the years.
It used to be, but it is no longer considered a deduction

It used to be, but it is no longer considered a deduction
Would it hit you on transitions though?

LOL I'm commenting on scoring questions.

Back