All-Star Cheersport Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

from @cheerupdates:

BDSXOErCEAAUHMj.jpg:large

But none of the top teams changed. Do you know what discrepancies between the two divisions? The scores look pretty similar to me?

I Believe they are referring to the gap in scoring. It seems to me that D2 was scored harder since only Angels scored above a 92, while 8 teams in D1 scored above a 92

ETA: Angels still had the top small senior score between the two divisions

I Believe they are referring to the gap in scoring. It seems to me that D2 was scored harder since only Angels scored above a 92, while 8 teams in D1 scored above a 92

ETA: Angels still had the top small senior score between the two divisions

I watched all the teams and felt that was a true representation of the strength of one division over another. With this being a random split, that totally made sense to me.

I see sm sr div 2 the 4 th place team, would be in 12th if they were in div 1. That's a big problem

Yeah, not sure how you would even teams out though unless you study videos before you divide a division and even then a team could perform better or worse on any given day. I see a lot of uneven division splits because there's just no way to know.

IMO, they should do what we do in my sport. We do what we we call a "California split" when there are more than a certain number of horses in a certain class.

What this means is, they give out two sets of placings..

Division A first place- highest scoring horse
Division B first place- 2nd highest scoring horse
Division A second place- 3rd highest scoring horse
Division B second place- 4th highest scoring horse

Etc etc..

Its divided AFTER scores are given so the best of the best are the ones that get the recognition. It works well. Otherwise it's hard for it to be fair.

IMO, they should do what we do in my sport. We do what we we call a "California split" when there are more than a certain number of horses in a certain class.

What this means is, they give out two sets of placings..

Division A first place- highest scoring horse
Division B first place- 2nd highest scoring horse
Division A second place- 3rd highest scoring horse
Division B second place- 4th highest scoring horse

Etc etc..

Its divided AFTER scores are given so the best of the best are the ones that get the recognition. It works well. Otherwise it's hard for it to be fair.

That is a great idea!!!

Back