Chicago Gym Owner Drug Dealer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 14, 2015
I am am young parent who looks in her 20s. Occasionally I enjoy social gatherings to meet new peoole and indulge in great conversation. Recently met someone at a gathering who owns a gym in the city of Chicago. He came off teribly egotistical. I did not mention my age or the fact that my daughter goes to his gym for open gyms so I believe he assumed I was a younger gal. Well, for some reason he decided to tell me he owns a gym and brag on about his cheer business mind you ay the same time he was dealing drugs to the people at the party. Now I don't do drugs but sometimes the people at gatherings I attend seem to enjoy them and I usually don't pay any mind as it is not.my business. But this person gto me completely shocked. He did not even know that I was a parent of a child that attends his gym! And everything he disclosed gave me the impression he is up to no good. He gossip ed terribly about other gyms and bashed people I have met through the cheer industry here in Illinois. And to add the cherry on top he offered me his number in case I ever wanted to purchase any drugs from him... Am I crazy to feel absolutely upset?!?!. Now how on earth is a gym owner like him even allowed to own a gym that deals with children?!?! I am starting to have a deep understanding he could potentially have purchased his gym through drug money and or may even be dealing to athletes or people who attend his facility. I have stopped my daughter from going to this gym. But I am deeply troubled and disgusted by the level of corruption I have just been exposed to. Not to mention I'm sure others are aware of this ad he sees to be the type of person that just loves to brag about himself. Any advice as how to deal withthis disgust? I feel like disclosing him to the public. No cheer parent wants their kid going to cheer at a drug house! Smh...

My simple concern is more so how to deal with this type of situation. Not of whether you believe or not in what I am saying. In the end truth always shows up on its own and you are free of your own judgement. So that is not my concern. My concern if how to deal with the disgust that someone like this would be allowed to even own a business. I feel other parents have the right to know who is teaching their child and where their tuition money is going.

I'm concerned why a parent would put herself (and, therefore, her child) at risk by knowingly attending "gatherings" where drugs are dealt and used. Even if you're not using/dealing, you can still be arrested. I'm just as worried about your child's safety with you as I am with a gym owner she has sporadic public exposure to.

I'm concerned why a parent would put herself (and, therefore, her child) at risk by knowingly attending "gatherings" where drugs are dealt and used. Even if you're not using/dealing, you can still be arrested. I'm just as worried about your child's safety with you as I am with a gym owner she has sporadic public exposure to.

You ate being judgemental. I know plenty of parents who have children and use drugs. This does not mean I am guilty by association. Unless you like to play that game. Then that is on you. I can care less about your judgement. I am more so concerned about the gym being owned by a delinquent.

You ate being judgemental. I know plenty of parents who have children and use drugs. This does not mean I am guilty by association. Unless you like to play that game. Then that is on you. I can care less about your judgement. I am more so concerned about the gym being owned by a delinquent.
Parents who are delinquents are ok, but gym owners aren't. Ok, got it. :cow:

FYI: Definition of guilt by association:
  1. guilt ascribed to someone not because of any evidence but because of their association with an offender.
That's exactly how you've described yourself - frequenting parties where drugs are dealt/used and knowing parents who are drug users. So yes, guilt by association.

Back