OT Christmas Lists 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The best deals that I got were Beats Solo HD's for $80 (RadioShack), Steve Madden boots that are usually about $100 for $40 (Macy's), and a jacket I've been eyeing from Target for $20 (regularly $45).
I also got a couple pairs of Nike pros for $10 off each and a Nike sports bra for $10 off.
My mom and I are still planning on going to Best Buy for some video games my brothers have been begging for and A&F for stuff for my cousins. The A&F by me is going out of business so they're having some crazy deals right now, so hopefully we'll get lucky there!

By the time I got to ulta at like 8:20 all the good makeup gifts were completely gone :( ended up buying a bunch of clothes instead. The best deal of the night that I got was nice black heels for $15 that were originally $40 at shoe carnival. I did the Walmart "stand in line for tv" thing last year, so avoided that place all together last night.

I must've been to a really good (i.e. not popular) Ulta store because the one I was at didn't even have 50 people in it and when I left at 8:15pm there were still tonsssss of everything left and rush had all moved past the popular black friday sales.

I must've been to a really good (i.e. not popular) Ulta store because the one I was at didn't even have 50 people in it and when I left at 8:15pm there were still tonsssss of everything left and rush had all moved past the popular black friday sales.
I waited in line for at least an hour at Ulta :(

Same! We hit the one closest to us at about 8:06. There were probably 25 people there total. Didn't even have to wait in line at a register.

I waited in line for at least an hour at Ulta :(

What?! That's crazy. I got to the store 20 minutes early and saw 2 girls waiting in line which I thought was ridiculous (I saw in my car for 18 minutes). Guess that's pretty normal then. What was the big thing that people would be lining up for?

What?! That's crazy. I got to the store 20 minutes early and saw 2 girls waiting in line which I thought was ridiculous (I saw in my car for 18 minutes). Guess that's pretty normal then. What was the big thing that people would be lining up for?
It's not that they were lining up for something, it was just whatever they got and there were just so many people. The check out line wrapped all through the store. There were SO many people. We also don't have any other makeup stores in town so that probably contributes

Anyone have any tips on shopping for a big family? This is my first year doing it, i finally feel obligated to not be give all of my siblings gift (there's 8 of us) I need "ballin on a budget" tips cause i'm broke and in college :/ The MK outlet by my house was having a 50% off sale so that was a plus! I'm just so broke lolol

Anyone have any tips on shopping for a big family? This is my first year doing it, i finally feel obligated to not be give all of my siblings gift (there's 8 of us) I need "ballin on a budget" tips cause i'm broke and in college :/ The MK outlet by my house was having a 50% off sale so that was a plus! I'm just so broke lolol

You could do some home made things. Pinterest has a ton of ideas for home made stuff.

If your willing to look through junk, you can find some really nice things at second hand shops or thrift stores. You can find great quality, popular books there for cheap. I just bought A Thousand Splendid Suns for $2 - it had never even been opened/read before. You can almost always find real crystal dishes (moms and grandmas love that stuff), records for people who are into those things, board games and books for little kids (just make sure the have all the pieces), clothes and jewelry, especially for little kids who love to play dress up. If you're willing to look you can find a lot of brand name stuff there with little wear. I bought Steve Madden sunglasses for 99¢ - originally like $40 in perfect condition. No scratches or anything. There's always a ton of PINK clothes, Hollister hoodies and shirts, American Eagle jeans, sports team wear, all in great condition. Only downside is you can't return those items if they don't fit. There's tons of picture frames there that have NEVER been used - still have those fake pictures in them from the store. If you like to be creative, you could make a collage or a painting and use one of the frames.

You could make "Survival Kits" from things you can find at the dollar store. Senior Year survival kits, college survival kit, winter survival kit, post holiday survival kit, big trip survival kit. Anything really! It takes a bit of thinking but those are so fun to give and get!

Last edited:
Anyone have any tips on shopping for a big family? This is my first year doing it, i finally feel obligated to not be give all of my siblings gift (there's 8 of us) I need "ballin on a budget" tips cause i'm broke and in college :/ The MK outlet by my house was having a 50% off sale so that was a plus! I'm just so broke lolol[/QUOTEP

I agree with Eyes on the Prize. Scroll Pintrest and you're sure to find things that you can do for relatively small amounts of money but are still meaningful. I remember one Gillette year when everyone got cookie mix or soup mix in a jar. People actually enjoyed making the stuff. There's Cocoa recipes and you put it in a really cute mug, do a family movie night and fill a popcorn bucket with microwave popcorn, candy, drinks (all available at the dollar store), kids fill a tote bag with coloring books, crayons, puzzles, books, candy (great for car rides and eating out and again the dollar store). If you just put a little thought into the person and think about what they like - you can get creative and find something on Pintrest. Also look at GroupOn or LivingSocial or similar for great discounts to popular places. I just bought an ice skating four pack including rentals for my brother's family - it was 50% off. You just print out the voucher and wrap (I'm adding a handmade scarf for each for them. The total for all four will be less than $50).
Good luck.[/QUOTE]

I'm asking for a wireless Bluetooth speaker for my birthday/Christmas. Anyone have any recommendations? I got a small iHome last birthday but it always had a static-y sound, died after only 1 hour, or the connection would go in and out if my phone wasn't sitting on top or right next to it.
I'm tardy to the party, but definitely look into a UE (Ultimate Ears) Boom. We got my mom a Beats Pill last year and she HATED it, so she did research, returned the Pill, and came back with the UEBoom. Its a cylinder, and comes in tons of cool color combos and patterns; it's slightly more pricey, however; the sound quality is awesome. You can also take calls through it and it has a built in mic so the entire call can be taken through the speaker. You can also hook several together in one room and have surround sound. They're awesome.

Double post, whoops...Well this Christmas I'm a nearly broke college student (18), but I'm not to the point of needing car payment/rent/home decor money yet, so...I also just got a new iPhone, my Mac for my birthday this year already, and my parents come see me at school regularly, so there's not really any basic things I need per say..

My smallish list...
-Luna Guitars 'Muse' 6-string (I'm an education major/choral and need to get on it with guitar, smh)
-Beats Ear Buds (Found on black friday for a great price..much better quality than their actual headphones)
-Random leggings, yoga pants, sweats, etc
-More university clothes
-Prescription lenses for my RayBans
-Any type/color/weight of yarn..I make scarves/hats/blankets
-10 foot iPhone lightning cord
-10 foot auxiliary cord for my tv-computer setup

here's what my family is getting/asked for-
Mom-I'm crocheting her a blanket, but she wants the big box of over 100 PrismaColor Colored pencils.
Dad-maybe a new fly fishing pole
Older brother (25)- probably Denver Broncos gear
Little Brother (16)- not sure
Boyfriend (19)- Making a crocheted blanket and getting a canvas printed for him.

Does anybody have any good lotions to recommend? My Mom told me she wanted some, but she's super picky about cosmetics/lotions because she has sensitive skin. And when I asked if she had any in mind or brands I should look at she just said whatever. My family is always so vague about what they want for Christmas or birthdays and it drives me crazy haha.

Back