OT Christmas Lists 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anybody have any good lotions to recommend? My Mom told me she wanted some, but she's super picky about cosmetics/lotions because she has sensitive skin. And when I asked if she had any in mind or brands I should look at she just said whatever. My family is always so vague about what they want for Christmas or birthdays and it drives me crazy haha.
Bath and Body Works has some really good stuff that my mom likes. It's the Sensual stuff. My mom's favorite is Black Currant Vanilla. Also, William Sonoma has these two great holiday scents. They smells so good! There's Peppermint and Winter Forest (smells like Christmas Trees). My mom likes the Winter Forest best. Not sure how they are for sensitive skin but I hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody have any good lotions to recommend? My Mom told me she wanted some, but she's super picky about cosmetics/lotions because she has sensitive skin. And when I asked if she had any in mind or brands I should look at she just said whatever. My family is always so vague about what they want for Christmas or birthdays and it drives me crazy haha.
Lush cosmetics. The lotions (at least the ones I've tried so far) actually do what they say

I have really sensitive skin due to Eczema/Dermatitis & Psoriasis, so I would say don't get anything Bath and Body works! However yummy it may smell, it's the enemy of people with sensitivity everywhere! I literally have bottles laying around that I can only use on my hands, but people keep buying for me...I know it's not very high end, but I love Cetaphil lotion. You can basically get it anywhere. It's great and unscented.

I have really sensitive skin due to Eczema/Dermatitis & Psoriasis, so I would say don't get anything Bath and Body works! However yummy it may smell, it's the enemy of people with sensitivity everywhere! I literally have bottles laying around that I can only use on my hands, but people keep buying for me...I know it's not very high end, but I love Cetaphil lotion. You can basically get it anywhere. It's great and unscented.

Also, if you're looking for a face lotion, my dermatologist recommend CaraVe.

I was going to say the same thing. Bath and Body Works lotions smell amazing and I really like using them. However they are bad news for people with sensitive skin. My roommate just got a bunch of lotions from there for her birthday, but passed them all directly on to me. She can't use them because she will break out or itch like crazy.

For sensitive skin, Cetaphil is good. Eucerin has some really good lotions too, that won't aggravate sensitive skin. If you have an ulta near you, they carry a brand called Dermalogica. It's a little pricey, but it's also really great and won't bother sensitive skin.

I don't really have a Christmas list but i am in desperate need of a new laptop, mine is going to die soon and i really need it for work and school
My boyfriend is going to bring me some things from the US when he goes home next week, i hope he finds the Covergirl tinted moisturizer i always use and can't get here in Europe :D
Luckily i got all the presents for my friends and family already, so at least i got that out of the way

Trader Joes has good lotion and body butter

And body wash....and shampoo
Using your post to ask :) Moderate price shampoo that doesn't dry out hair? Is there anything at the regular store? I have gotten stuff from Ulta, etc - but I can never find anything I like. I know salon products are best - but with 2 kids in college sometimes I have to be on a budget lol. I have grown my hair out it is shoulder length, not really thick. I have the dove brand moisturizing shampoo - the oxygen line - I hate it. I don't mind paying a little more for good shampoo, conditioner but can't always go by the Salon stuff - any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Using your post to ask :) Moderate price shampoo that doesn't dry out hair? Is there anything at the regular store? I have gotten stuff from Ulta, etc - but I can never find anything I like. I know salon products are best - but with 2 kids in college sometimes I have to be on a budget lol. I have grown my hair out it is shoulder length, not really thick. I have the dove brand moisturizing shampoo - the oxygen line - I hate it. I don't mind paying a little more for good shampoo, conditioner but can't always go by the Salon stuff - any suggestions? Thanks!!!
My mom is a hair dresser so I've always been spoiled with awesome shampoo and conditioner. I can't get a comb through my hair with anything other than Paul Mitchell or Redken. I know Ulta is running some specials right now on salon hair care products, so you might be able to find them cheaper than normal and stock up.

I really like the It's a 10! line, and you can buy it at Rite Aid.

My list is:
-Driving Lessons (I'm 18 years old and STILL don't have my license, only my learner's permit :()
-Nike Shorts/Leggings
-Sephora's Lash Stash (I got it 2 years ago - it lasted me forever and the mascaras were all great quality!)
-Cheetah Print Nike Free Runs

I'm gifting:
My mom: a 30 pack of 5 Hour Energy (I think she might be addicted), and a YARD LONG Twix bar I saw at Wal-Mart because she loves candy, and she's a fitness addict, so she'll burn it off, right? ;)
My dad: He's in Africa right now (he's in the Army) so I think I'm just going to send him a care package with a lot of food since I'm sure he's sick of MRE's! He specifically requested my grandma's banana bread, so hopefully she'll help me make some.
My brother: I have no idea! Gift cards?
My sister: She's wanted Nike Pros for a while, so I think I might get her some, and maybe some earrings too.

My mom likes to go to winners/marshalls or whatever and get shampoo, they have really good stuff and it's always like $5-10

Back