OT Christmas Lists 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anybody have any good lotions to recommend? My Mom told me she wanted some, but she's super picky about cosmetics/lotions because she has sensitive skin. And when I asked if she had any in mind or brands I should look at she just said whatever. My family is always so vague about what they want for Christmas or birthdays and it drives me crazy haha.
Hempz is great! You can find it at Ulta

Anyone have any tips on shopping for a big family? This is my first year doing it, i finally feel obligated to not be give all of my siblings gift (there's 8 of us) I need "ballin on a budget" tips cause i'm broke and in college :/ The MK outlet by my house was having a 50% off sale so that was a plus! I'm just so broke lolol
I feel ya – I'm a college student with a big family too. We do a sibling/cousin Kris Kringle instead of each buying everyone presents. It's much easier, and we've found it's more fun. Sometimes we'll do what we call a KK Blitz where we set a price limit, go to the mall, give ourselves, say, an hour, and buy the presents within that time. You end up with the funniest stuff.

If you want to get presents for each of them though, you could make hampers. This is something I do when I'm low on cash for presents, as you can get more for less. Get a pretty box for like a dollar, then fill it with the person's favorite candy and all kinds of other stuff. Homemade baked goods, little plushies, a notebook and pen, a DVD of their favorite film, makeup, all kinds of things. You can make it really personal and cute, and if you get all the stuff from discount stores it's really cost-effective.

Also, if you're looking for a face lotion, my dermatologist recommend CaraVe.
I also use this one! And even if you don't have eczema, Aveeno Eczema care is awesome because it's made with no parabens/dyes/scents and is like all oatmeal. It's great.

For some reason this Christmas I decided that I didn't want anything. My life is wonderful how it is, I don't think there's anything in the world that could make me more happy. However, my 18th birthday is Christmas Eve, and my mother begged me to ask for something, so I asked for a Fit Bit Flex. Has anyone gotten one of these? If so, do you like it?

Using your post to ask :) Moderate price shampoo that doesn't dry out hair? Is there anything at the regular store? I have gotten stuff from Ulta, etc - but I can never find anything I like. I know salon products are best - but with 2 kids in college sometimes I have to be on a budget lol. I have grown my hair out it is shoulder length, not really thick. I have the dove brand moisturizing shampoo - the oxygen line - I hate it. I don't mind paying a little more for good shampoo, conditioner but can't always go by the Salon stuff - any suggestions? Thanks!!!
Treseme moisturizing shampoo and conditioner you can get it at walgreens, target, jewel etc

My sister and I go ham at Christmas. I spend a stupid amount of money on my siblings and parents.

I bought my sister some nike leggings, running jacket, nike sweatpants, bare minerals makeup and a lifeproof case.

My brother I got a really nice cabellas wallet with four $25 gift cards.

I got my mom the really nice hair spray, a kindle, a car cover for her new mustang, and a memorial necklace for our dog.

Idk what to get my dad, probably just clothes.

I absolutely LOVE Christmas shopping. I save all year just so I can spend it. I think I have a problem haha

For some reason this Christmas I decided that I didn't want anything. My life is wonderful how it is, I don't think there's anything in the world that could make me more happy. However, my 18th birthday is Christmas Eve, and my mother begged me to ask for something, so I asked for a Fit Bit Flex. Has anyone gotten one of these? If so, do you like it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those the fitness bracelet things that monitor...basically everything? My dad and step mom got them as a gift/sponsor thing from work and they love them. Lots of cool stuff on them and they work really well. If this isn't that, then just disregard it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the It's a 10! line, and you can buy it at Rite Aid.
Thanks, I will see if I can find it - we don't have any Rite Aids around our area any more. We have CVS and Walgreens as the major chains. When I was first married there was a Rite Aid down the street from the apartment we lived in, I used to love to walk there, they had good prices - then they all disappeared from my area.

Treseme moisturizing shampoo and conditioner you can get it at walgreens, target, jewel etc
My daughter has super long hair and she uses that brand at times - I have used it before, I may look at it again. My hair is just weird lol certain moisturizing shampoo seems to actually dry it out

Using your post to ask :) Moderate price shampoo that doesn't dry out hair? Is there anything at the regular store? I have gotten stuff from Ulta, etc - but I can never find anything I like. I know salon products are best - but with 2 kids in college sometimes I have to be on a budget lol. I have grown my hair out it is shoulder length, not really thick. I have the dove brand moisturizing shampoo - the oxygen line - I hate it. I don't mind paying a little more for good shampoo, conditioner but can't always go by the Salon stuff - any suggestions? Thanks!!!

i don't know if you've already tried it... but my grad school budget forced me to recently switch to herbal essences "Hello Hydration" and i saw improvement after one shower. people have really commented on how shiny and soft my hair is. and it smells delicious.

worth a shot.

i don't know if you've already tried it... but my grad school budget forced me to recently switch to herbal essences "Hello Hydration" and i saw improvement after one shower. people have really commented on how shiny and soft my hair is. and it smells delicious.

worth a shot.
Thanks - I am willing to try anything - I am really not feeling the dove line, so I may pick some up, I see that at almost every store.

Thanks - I am willing to try anything - I am really not feeling the dove line, so I may pick some up, I see that at almost every store.

welcome! i also use a moroccan oil before using any heat or styling which helps a lot, too. i dye my hair about every 8 weeks and use either a straightener/curling wand on it 5/7 days a week (but i don't blow-dry it) and i'd say my hair is in awesome, shiny and healthy condition.

I use Sedu brand of the oil, but i know plenty others make it, too.

welcome! i also use a moroccan oil before using any heat or styling which helps a lot, too. i dye my hair about every 8 weeks and use either a straightener/curling wand on it 5/7 days a week (but i don't blow-dry it) and i'd say my hair is in awesome, shiny and healthy condition.

I use Sedu brand of the oil, but i know plenty others make it, too.
Do you use the oil on wet hair? or dry? I am clueless lol

Back