All-Star Classy Vs Unclassy

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i havent attended a competition in a few years but i find coaches to have more bad behavior issues then actual athletes, especially now with social media. I mean some coaches, assistant coaches just have no filter, ive seen it from a few programs now.

Unfortunately many coaches forget that they are no longer competing and do not need to live vicariously through their athletes in order to feel approved as a coach. At the end of the day no matter what we teach them it is their moment, not ours. Good, bad or ugly. Our job is to help them navigate through those moments, not be an obstacle to overcoming them.

Last edited:
Viewing twitter today I have to say that even those gyms that are considered to be the most classy sometimes jump off the ledge so to speak :confused:
And with that said, it is absolutely eye opening to see the huge double standard that the general cheer population has regarding social media. If Gym owner A tweeted something similar to what Gym owner B did, they would be tarred, feathered and burned at the stake. Yet there is almost zero reaction to Gym owner B. It's very interesting to me.

Viewing twitter today I have to say that even those gyms that are considered to be the most classy sometimes jump off the ledge so to speak :confused:
And with that said, it is absolutely eye opening to see the huge double standard that the general cheer population has regarding social media. If Gym owner A tweeted something similar to what Gym owner B did, they would be tarred, feathered and burned at the stake. Yet there is almost zero reaction to Gym owner B. It's very interesting to me.

When I saw it this morning, I expected there to be a thread with at least 5 pages. Came here - and there was nothing. I'm over it already. Don't pretend to call out others "because it's unsportsmanshiplike behavior and needs to be called out" but then not call out people that are a part of your favorite team/gym.

When I saw it this morning, I expected there to be a thread with at least 5 pages. Came here - and there was nothing. I'm over it already. Don't pretend to call out others "because it's unsportsmanshiplike behavior and needs to be called out" but then not call out people that are a part of your favorite team/gym.
I had to read it a couple of times and say "did she really tweet this?" So much shade but I bet people will make excuses for her instead of call her on the carpet.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I saw this on Twitter too and was pretty surprised by it, especially because I didn't expect it from her at all.
ETA: I'm not completely sure it was tweeted in a shady/malicious way, but I can see why a lot of people do think that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I tend to miss most of this type of stuff because I spend very little time on twitter. Now I'm curious.

Sparta has got nothing on FIerceboard.

I don't get it. I don't know if it's because the tweet is gone or because I am still a noob though...

What did the tweet say?
ca417576272da3c1cfabc2e6ca978588.jpg

ca417576272da3c1cfabc2e6ca978588.jpg

See to someone like me that does not follow the top teams nor pays much attention to the rivalries, this says nothing to me at all. I don't follow their results and generally don't care unless I have a team competing in their division at the same competition. But to those that do follow rivalries, story lines, etc, I can see where it may perhaps be stretched to be considered throwing shade at someone. But who, I have no idea.

Back