All-Star Cmt Cheerleading Reality Show

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You won't know what the show will be like until it airs on TV. They probably film a lot of things but they can edit those pieces together however they choose. I hope that it proves me wrong, but until it does I will think that it will not help cheer at all.

The show isn't being made to "help" or "hurt" the all-star cheerleading industry because it isn't aimed at cheerleaders. Kelly Ripa and her husband wanted to produce a documentary type series that chronicles the triumphs and struggles of a competitive team over the course of a season ending with the World Championships. Cheerleading is just the vehicle.

Whether you love or hate Patty Ann, the other coaches in the "cast" or the girls they follow, one thing is for sure..Cheerleading will be portrayed as a grueling athletic activity that involves passion, heart, sheer athleticism, and dedication. I can't see how that'll hurt anything.

The show isn't being made to "help" or "hurt" the all-star cheerleading industry because it isn't aimed at cheerleaders. Kelly Ripa and her husband wanted to produce a documentary type series that chronicles the triumphs and struggles of a competitive team over the course of a season ending with the World Championships. Cheerleading is just the vehicle.

Whether you love or hate Patty Ann, the other coaches in the "cast" or the girls they follow, one thing is for sure..Cheerleading will be portrayed as a grueling athletic activity that involves passion, heart, sheer athleticism, and dedication. I can't see how that'll hurt anything.

Like I said however it is edited will let you know how it will help or hurt cheer. I really hope that it turns out just as people are saying that it will, but I have little faith in reality TV shows.

i understand that they can edit things however they like but patty ann is patty ann...shes not going to baby you she pushes you and it makes you a better cheerleader...how patty ann and the other coaches are on camera is exactly how they are when they aren't filming and the same thing goes for the girls

I understand that Patty Ann is who is she and I have no problem with how she coaches. The people that will look at it different are those outside of the sport who will be watching it. People need to remember that the majority of people who watch these shows aren't cheerleaders they are people tuning in to see a reality show. I think Patty Ann does a great job at what she does and kudos to her for doing it the way she wants to, but not everyone is going to see it that way. I don't want the gym or her to be looked down on because of how things may be edited to look when people know she means no harm.

Did it say "C'mon, Bitches! Lets Go?"

That would be the moment I pull my kid without looking back. I know some of you will say "oh that's just her personality" or "she's just saying that to motivate" or "it's ok, because it's a senior team"....well,me 12 year old doesn't need to be called a b****. And don't try the line of "in Jersey we take the word b**** as a compliment"....athletics are meant to empower, and by a coach of female athletes calling them "bitches", sets Title IX back 40 years.

That would be the moment I pull my kid without looking back. I know some of you will say "oh that's just her personality" or "she's just saying that to motivate" or "it's ok, because it's a senior team"....well,me 12 year old doesn't need to be called a b****. And don't try the line of "in Jersey we take the word b**** as a compliment"....athletics are meant to empower, and by a coach of female athletes calling them "bitches", sets Title IX back 40 years.
PREACH.

It doesn't matter what she's like in the gym, or what you've seen them film. Anything remotely nice will probably be left on the editing floor, and put together to make Patty Ann look insane and mean. Don't you just love reality TV? :rolleyes:

Thank you! I can't imagine coaching or being coached like that. To each their own, but wow!!!

Can someone show me the news release or article where it read the Dance Moms was supposed to be positive? I dont remember seeing one.

I get where some of you are coming from but I don't think Abby Lee, as nutso as he is portrayed, has done anything to tarnish the dance industry. I know nothing about dance yet I find myself more drawn to and amazed by the actual dancing when I catch an episode here and there. So, in that sense, I think the cheerleading industry will be just fine. People already know that there are crazy parents in ANY performance sport. What millions dont know is that competitive cheerleading isn't about pompons and letter sweaters from 1965. I'm pretty sure this show will do a perfect job of debunking these stereotypes.

Can someone show me the news release or article where it read the Dance Moms was supposed to be positive? I dont remember seeing one.

I get where some of you are coming from but I don't think Abby Lee, as nutso as he is portrayed, has done anything to tarnish the dance industry. I know nothing about dance yet I find myself more drawn to and amazed by the actual dancing when I catch an episode here and there. So, in that sense, I think the cheerleading industry will be just fine. People already know that there are crazy parents in ANY performance sport. What millions dont know is that competitive cheerleading isn't about pompons and letter sweaters from 1965. I'm pretty sure this show will do a perfect job of debunking these stereotypes.

Have you read the Dance Mom's thread? There are people who know Abby Lee and the mothers, her actions they show on TV are exactly how she acts when the cameras aren't around. As for her tarnishing dancing, she has been banned from competitions and her DMA membership was taken away because of the show. Competitions refuse to let her film there because of how it has reflected dance.

People involved in cheer will probably love the show, but if we want respect (isn't that what people get so upset about not getting?) then shows like that are NOT helping. Mothers are going to see her calling athletes the B-word and think "oh my". If you want respect a reality TV show that shows clips of coaches talking like that is not going to help gain that from the outside world.

My southern upbringing and sensibilities cringed when I heard that. LOL I know different parts of the country can get away with verbiage that would never fly in the south. NEVER. But if we keep it in the context of the sentence she isn't calling any 1 person the the B word. She could have replaced that word with any number of words and the sentence would still say the same thing. (Ex Diva's) I also vaguely remembered that it was coming so maybe that took some of the shock away.

Having said all that I've never heard any of our coaching staff use that word with any of our kids. Brat's would be a more southern friendly word but wouldn't it mean the same thing? IDK.....just rambling now. LOL

Back