All-Star Cnn At Cheer Extreme

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Eating disorders are not a choice. It is a horrible, terrible disorder that affects the way the person thinks about both food and herself. When an 80lb girl looks in the mirror and believes she is fat and therefore "chooses" not to eat again that day--all the while berating herself that she's not good enough, and "weak" because she can't always avoid all food all day, and that people are disgusted at how fat she is............. Personal choice? Seriously?

As for the flyer, well, wanting to be a flyer may have been trigger, but cheer wasn't responsible for the disorder itself. Her trigger could just have easily have been dance or gymnastics or volleyball or a comment from a friend at a sleepover. In her mind that the time she probably wanted to blame cheer, and it was inflammatory (and therefore "good") for the show.
oh gosh, I am so sorry, I wasnt thinking about how I was wording that! Im soooo sorry, I did a class report on eating disorders recently and I know exactly what you mean by "it's not a choice," it's not. The point I was trying to get across is that she had said that nobody told her she needed to lose weight, she lost weight bc her goal was to be a flyer, not become ill. I completely forgot about how I should carefully choose my wording. Again, I apologize and hope you understand the point I was trying to prove. :oops:

We should be tearing up is at the comments left on CNN soundoff under the article. It disgusts me that people still feel/ say things about cheerleading in general.

Eating disorders are not a choice. It is a horrible, terrible disorder that affects the way the person thinks about both food and herself. When an 80lb girl looks in the mirror and believes she is fat and therefore "chooses" not to eat again that day--all the while berating herself that she's not good enough, and "weak" because she can't always avoid all food all day, and that people are disgusted at how fat she is............. Personal choice? Seriously?

As for the flyer, well, wanting to be a flyer may have been trigger, but cheer wasn't responsible for the disorder itself. Her trigger could just have easily have been dance or gymnastics or volleyball or a comment from a friend at a sleepover. In her mind that the time she probably wanted to blame cheer, and it was inflammatory (and therefore "good") for the show.

but you cant blame anyone for the disorder though. its definitely a mental thing.

We should be tearing up is at the comments left on CNN soundoff under the article. It disgusts me that people still feel/ say things about cheerleading in general.

I wouldn't get too bothered by online comments if I were you. There are lots of idiots all over the internet, and you can find comments as bad/way worse on just about any story posted to any website. Any rational person who actually watched the video or read the article isn't going to be thinking that way, so the people that are that stupid aren't worth getting frustrated over anyway.

I wouldn't get too bothered by online comments if I were you. There are lots of idiots all over the internet, and you can find comments as bad/way worse on just about any story posted to any website. Any rational person who actually watched the video or read the article isn't going to be thinking that way, so the people that are that stupid aren't worth getting frustrated over anyway.
Agreed, On a lighter note... Bass fishing is a sport according to Illinois High School Association...so I don't even argue if cheer is or is not anymore...lol

Back